Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2010-03-05, 6:07pm
Forever Grateful Beads

I've actually been thinking abou tdoing a video tut for it. We'll see...

Thanks so much you guys - I really appreciate you all!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-05-04, 8:34pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi all! Just a pop-in to mention & remind anyone that if you buy my tutorial from Etsy and you don't receive it within about 6 hours, be sure to check your "junk mail" box. It seems that some spam filters want to send my e-mails to your spam folder.

Of course, if you buy it directly from me, you'll get it instantly - so again, if you don't receive it instantly, be sure to check your spam folders.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support and interest in the tutorial!!!!

Take care,
Amy

Old 2010-10-26, 1:11pm

I was finally able to purchase this tutorial, I am so excited! Thanks!

Old 2010-11-06, 1:19pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Thank you Sonja - hope you enjoy it!

Old 2010-11-06, 5:14pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

I purchased this one a while back and was able to try it out a few weeks ago. I did this one when the encasing challenge for us newbies was going on, since then I have upgraded to a different torch (hh to a minor) and gonna retry this now that I understand the encasing aspects. My bead does not do justice to this tut but trust me it is an exceptionally written and extremely easy to do tut. Thanks Amy!
Name:  new ones 002.JPG
Views: 1680
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  new ones 003.JPG
Views: 1630
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  new ones 004.JPG
Views: 1613
Size:  58.0 KB

Old 2010-11-06, 5:38pm

I agree with Steven this tutorial is very, very easy to follow. I made one bead (its huge lol, I am going to have to work a lot smaller!) but plan on making many more, I have lots of ideas to adapt this to other color variations. Thank you so much for making this one so easy to follow!

Old 2010-11-06, 6:33pm
Formerly FishBulb

This is one I have on my list of must-gets. During a recent charm exchange I received a charm that had been done in this style, only all in white and clear. It's gorgeous!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2013-01-06, 12:50pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi folks! I've had some questions lately about how to get the petals straight - it seems like that can be the biggest problem. The short answer is... work slow. I know that can be hard to do when you're excited and want to see the end result (not to mention this bead is time-intensive), but that is the primary solution. Also, work cool as possible without letting it crack, of course. Working cool will keep the petals crisp!

One more tip: When you encase it in clear - and this goes for any encasing on any bead as far as it works for me - if you wrap the bead in clear and need to add more clear (because it didn't totally wrap/it's thin in one are, etc)... Heat up some more clear and put that clear on top of the clear that is on the bead and melt it in. Don't allow the second wrap of clear to spill over the initial wrap. If you do, the design underneath will look really funky. I hope this makes sense.

Anyway, hope this helps and thanks again!!!

Old 2013-01-06, 1:46pm

Thanks for the tips, Amy. I love making thesea beads.
Old 2013-02-12, 9:15am

Hi Amy,

I just purchased your tut and it is so much fun! My first bead did get a spider crack and then broke. Here is my second attempt....

My petals just aren't stretching as much as I would like them....boy this took me a good hour to work on. Once I have the clear on and the bead pretty well shaped is it too late to get the petals to stretch more??

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-02-12, 9:28am
GlassDocNC

Ooooh pretty!

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:29am
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi all - I've had some more questions/e-mails, etc. about how to get the petals crisp etc., and I thought I should post here because several folks are LE members. I realized that after all of this time, the one tip that I haven't mentioned yet that makes a HUGE difference is the COLORS that are chosen for the petals.

Artists have sent me some fantastic pictures of their beads and have asked about getting their petals crisp and even, but I've noticed that some of the glass/colors chosen have been those seriously "diva" colors (pink rubino, silver glass, intense black, ivory, etc.). There are definitely some colors that do better with this style bead than others. That doesn't mean that it won't work, but if you're trying to get the hang of the technique of layering the glass, make it easy on yourself and stick to the "easy" colors (avoid the silvers, and the others that I mentioned above).

Anyway - thanks again everyone for your support and interest in the tutorial and feel free to ask/post/contact me if you have any other questions!

Take care,
Amy

Old 2014-09-22, 12:02pm
Everlasting Fire Studio

I love this tutorial! I'm so excited to keep playing around with it.
Here is the first bead I made:

Everlasting Fire Studio
5036 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Old 2014-10-06, 6:09pm

Here is my attempts, I loved doing this bead.

New beads by rapletz, on Flickr

New beads by rapletz, on Flickr
Old 2015-01-26, 2:35pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Wonderful!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2015-02-25, 10:03pm
Phill

I know that by checking in and thanking Amy again for this tutorial I can boost it back up to the top of the recent posts listing and that is exactly why I am doing it.

Now I am going to go and buy it from Amy's website and when I can next get the torch hot I will come back to sing it's praises once more.

Oh, and Thanks Amy.

It's very generous of you to share this knowledge at a very affordable price. Those of us with broken wallets appreciate it alot.
Old 2016-03-11, 4:22pm

I just bought this tutorial but received an error . I wrote Amy a private message. I hope I can still get it. It has been a while since the last post but you'd think if the link to purchase was still there it it is still available. I looked on etsy first but it wasn't there
Old 2016-03-11, 5:40pm
Storm Queen

Let me know if you don't hear from her. I delete tutorial threads when links are broken and no one can get in touch with the author.

Old 2016-03-11, 5:42pm

I have written to her email, too and nothing yet. I was charged by paypal for the tutorial and yes, it looks like the links were broken when it asked for my email, it sent me to the next page with an error about something to that effect (broken). Should I wait or cancel the payment?
Old 2016-03-11, 5:44pm
Storm Queen

I would wait. Amy has always been reliable in the past. I'm thinking she may not be making beads anymore. I'm sure she'll get in touch with you. I'd give her a few days.

Old 2016-03-11, 5:45pm

Ok, thank you. I hope I can get the tutorial. I've really wanted it for years and just took a long time to go for it.
Old 2016-03-11, 6:39pm

I just heard from Amy via email. She's working on it.
Old 2016-03-11, 7:02pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols Glass View Post
I just heard from Amy via email. She's working on it.
yay!

Old 2016-03-11, 7:03pm

I know!
Old 2016-03-13, 12:38pm

Just popped in to say, I have the same issue, I just purchased the tutorial but the download link is broken

Old 2016-03-13, 12:44pm

She said she probably won't be able to fix it till Monday at the latest.
Old 2016-03-13, 12:56pm
Storm Queen

Why can't she just email the tutorial?

Old 2016-03-13, 1:09pm

I asked her that and she doesn't have access to the pdf because she can't remember the url to get to it.
Old 2016-03-13, 1:14pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols Glass View Post
I asked her that and she doesn't have access to the pdf because she can't remember the url to get to it.
She doesn't have a copy herself? Maybe someone that purchased it can email her tutorial to her so she has it. Then she can email it to you two.

Old 2016-03-13, 1:14pm

That would work for me!