No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-26, 11:24am
Slightly Askew.....

Red face Dumb Question about a Minor

This is probably a dumb question, but when you go to clean the little holes on the minor with the little pieces of wire that they send....which holes are the propane and which are the oxygen?? I know you're not supposed to use the same wire in both the propane & oxygen holes and each goes in at a different depth........hmmmmm...... .

Anyway...any help would be great!

Thanks!
Char

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-26, 11:33am
Insane? You're Insane!

I've never heard this. I am new and just got a minor also! I hope someone can help us!
Old 2006-03-26, 1:27pm
Gentleman of Leisure

I believe on a minor the 7 (or is it 9) round holes (tubes) are the fuel holes. The oxygen comes from the space between the round tubes and outer "shell" of body.. You really only need to clean torch when you notice flame (candles) are distorted or noticably smaller that others or there is sever carbon build up.

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-03-26, 2:51pm

Char,

Dale is correct - the round holes are the propane - use the wire to clean those and have your oxygen on so when you pull the wire out of each hole you don't drop any carbon down the oxygen openings. I run my generator for 5 minutes before and after torching so I don't use the wire to clean the oxygen ports. Also, I use a magnifying light which makes it easier to get that wire into those holes.

Barb
Old 2006-03-26, 5:04pm
Slightly Askew.....

Thanks to both of you. Very helpful information! I had some build up and needed to clean it off. Worked wondefully. I'm up & running again.

Char

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~