Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-04-17, 1:44pm

Default recommendations on beading supplie PLEASE:

I finally made some descent beads for a necklace for my wife, now she would like a bracelet to match. I have been looking around for crimps and wire and it's complicated to figure out what I need. I saw where Beadalon 49 strand 0.46 with a #2 crimp was recommended but that could of been someone selling the product. I would like to hear recommendations on what you think I may need for wire and crimps and good places to buy.
Thanks
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
Old 2013-04-17, 1:51pm

I go to micheals or order on eBay etc if u have a michaels store download the phone app tey have good coupons. For my bracelets I use .8mm clear stretch cord with #2 crimps you'll also need a crimp tool which is a weird lookin pair of pliers. After u bead the cord, put one end of the cord in a crimp bead and then the other end through it in the opposite direction and crimp the bead
Old 2013-04-17, 2:05pm
Salt Box Beads

Bob, watch how to videos on you tube, they show how to do it and usually you get a good idea of what you need. See if you have a local bead supply store, if not you can get jewelry supplies at Rio Grande, ETSY, and my fav is ebay.

Sometimes your local Craigslist is good too.

Go for sterling or 10 KT gold or GF while the prices are lower.
Old 2013-04-17, 2:12pm

Thank you both, fusing glass is so much easier than this, I'll check out youtube.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-04-17, 2:30pm

Artbeads.com is a good place for beads/tools/supplies and even their free shipping is fast.

http://www.artbeads.com/
Old 2013-04-17, 2:34pm
Loving learning

You Tube for sure.
I've used the 49 strand, flexible and strong. I like using sterling clasps, but I've never really experimented with the plated or other metals.
I guess you could do without them, but the crimping pliers are not expensive and make closing the crimp pretty easy.
The little spring things you can clamp on the end so your beads don't fall off keep me from cussing now. Of course I was using seed beads as part of my piece when I forgot & picked up the end I was adding too & beads went flying everywhere. All of us were on hands & knees looking for the little buggers!
Old 2013-04-18, 3:53am

Thanks everyone, youtube has helped.
Bob

e-mail: