Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-12-04, 9:07am
Marble Lover

Default My first glass ordering experience online - Frantz

Except for my Oxycon, everything I owned until now in regards to lampworking was used, including all of my glass. Recently, I purchased a little over 20 lbs of glass from Frantz during the Black Friday sale. Since it was my first time, I didn't know what to expect as far as how it's packed or how long it takes to arrive, etc.

This is how I would grade my experience:
Price: A : as you would expect from a Black Friday type sale.

Web Experience: B : The CMS could use some polish at the presentation layer.

Packing: A : Not a single rod was broken as far as I can tell. All the glass was packed well.

Shipping $$: A : The shipping was free, I'm not sure why, maybe the total of the order put it over a threshold. I wasn't expecting the free shipping so I guess I missed something. I was looking at various sites before ordering so I got confused on who was running what specials. The order was just over $150.

Communication: A : Everything was prompt - order confirmation, etc. I didn't have to call about anything so can't comment on the customer service side of communication.

Shipping Speed: A(B?) : It took a little longer than I would expect under normal circumstances, which this wasn't. It was a Black Friday sale and I'm sure they got hammered with orders, so in a situation like that, I'm perfectly OK with a little lag in shipping. So, it's an "A" if shipping is usually faster when not doing huge sales, "B" if not.

I can unequivocally state that I was very happy with my purchasing experience with Frantz Art Glass. I give them an "A" rating overall, for sure. Thank you, Frantz, for making my first "big" glass ordering experience a positive one.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-12-04, 5:09pm

I've ordered 'lots' of glass from Frantz, never had a problem, ever. Every order has been correct, packaged carefully and no broken glass. Shipping is great and has always arrived when it was scheduled. My mom used to order from Frantz and there are still some neatly wrapped rods in with all of her other glass... it makes me smile to know that Frantz did a great job then and continues to do so!

Kirsti
Old 2012-12-04, 11:18pm

Love Frantz! I too have never had a problem with them. Prices are great and customer service is top notch!
Old 2012-12-29, 11:46am

Default Thank You

I like this review, being a positive one helps, but what if it were negative? I would love it just as much. Reviews let you know what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. We love it when we improve and make a customers shopping experience the best we can.

Everyone should have a great 2013.

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2012-12-30, 8:55am

Sorry Mike. I do love Frantz and am grateful for all that you and yours have done for the lampworking industry. But becasue you were so gracious and said that you were open to negative criticism as well I am going to add my pet one...

I agree with all your grades bebnewt except The Web Experience. I give them a D for that. Specifically the cumbursome method of ordering, not being able to return to the page you were originally ordering from, not being able to easily view and order sale items, if you forget to log in before compiling your cart you can loose it easily
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mind you I am a website designer and an MIS graduate so I may be slightly more easily confused than some.

All that said let me reiterate... I LOVE FRANTZ. Love the prices, love love love their educational info, love everything except the web page
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frantz recently went the extra mile for me. They got a shipment superquick to my son in Arizona so he could bring it to me in Perth and i didnt even pay for fast shipping. That was just plain kind!
Old 2013-01-01, 7:58am

$20 minimum order sucks too. usually i order a bunch of color/clear in one go, but sometimes you just need one pair of tweezers.
Old 2013-01-02, 2:23pm

Default No $20 Minimum at Frantz Art Glass

Quote:
$20 minimum order sucks too. usually i order a bunch of color/clear in one go, but sometimes you just need one pair of tweezers.
Well, that is one problem nobody ever has to deal with at Frantz Art Glass.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-01-02, 3:26pm

Frantz doesn't have a $20 minimum?
perhaps it's another website i'm thinking of...
Old 2013-01-02, 4:24pm

Default No $20 Minimums @ Frantz

Quote:
Frantz doesn't have a $20 minimum?
perhaps it's another website i'm thinking of...
We have a minimum 1/4 pound per color. I know that every order will not be a $400 order, but even with an order for a $10 tool, the labor involved costs us well over $10 just to process, but it also affects the buyer who sometime will pay more for shipping that the cost of the tool.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-01-03, 6:31am

my appoligies....i was mistaken then!
Old 2013-02-06, 8:33pm
Echo's Mother

I will add my 2 cents. Yes, the web site was a little confusing at first, but I got the hang of it after a few minutes. Loved the sale prices. The 1/4 lb ordering is nice. It allow you to expand your color options without spending a lot. My pkg actually arrived early. Not one broken rod. The free glass worked into a pretty butterscotch color. I liked the variety of differnt glass "brands" available from one shop. I love my Messy Glass. Maraschino is my new favorite color.