Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-10-28, 4:57pm
Flame Dame

Cool! Count me in. I PM'd my email addy to you.

Leah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2009-10-28, 5:06pm
Flaming Redhead!

Yep, count me in as well...and I'm pretty sure you already have my email addy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-10-28, 5:10pm
mmmmm... scrumptious

I'm interested too.

Old 2009-10-28, 5:13pm
BeadsonCypress

I think I would be interested in this co-op also!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-10-28, 5:26pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex9 View Post
Yep, count me in as well...and I'm pretty sure you already have my email addy...
Ha ha ha! I had already reserved a spot for you whether you wanted in or not.

Old 2009-10-28, 5:46pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Put me down too.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-10-28, 10:54pm

pm'd you my addy

#D45

Old 2009-10-28, 11:39pm

I am very interested in the co op I will be following along as this yhread evolves.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-10-29, 5:14am

I'm interested and had been thinking about something along the same line. My son's area of expertise is website design, hosting, etc. He just left his full time job to start his own business developing and marketing web sites. He and I are in the process of working on a website for me. His website is being developed as well and you can access some of it at: www.currentblend.com. He has some great ideas. Although he still needs to make a living, I'm sure he'd help his mom (and the rest of us) at a reasonable cost.

Please count me in!

Sharlyn
Old 2009-10-29, 7:23am
Who me?

I just took a second look at 1000 markets under "glass" and it looks as if quite a few LE-ers are selling there and getting around the loose bead problem by selling focals on cords or stick holders and sets as a kinda necklaces.
Old 2009-10-29, 8:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
I just took a second look at 1000 markets under "glass" and it looks as if quite a few LE-ers are selling there and getting around the loose bead problem by selling focals on cords or stick holders and sets as a kinda necklaces.
No one outside the US can sell there. That's an intrinsic problem (and something this concept could address).
Old 2009-10-29, 8:57am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMuse View Post
No one outside the US can sell there. That's an intrinsic problem (and something this concept could address).
Good point - I didnt' see that. thanks.
Old 2009-10-29, 10:50am
Experimentalist

Anyway... we've got plenty of people to start this thing up for now... thanks!!!

We're getting ready to send emails out... make sure I have your email addie.

Old 2009-10-29, 11:04am

I would be interested in helping too! Am a newbie in beads, but do have some computer background. PM'd you
Old 2009-10-29, 11:42am
Experimentalist

Thanks.

Here are the people I don't have email addies for yet. We are sending out information about our first chat.

(glassymom)
Fanny (Fannydotson)
Gloria (Bespangled)
Karen (Volkanokaren)
Karen Hardy (Karen Hardy)
Kathy (Katie Gee)
Londa (Feldt's Glass)
Lori (Bead crazy)
Ruth (Torchie)
Sharlyn Premuda (Sgp)
Susan Boyce (Beadsoncypress)

Last edited by Laura B; 2009-10-29 at 11:45am.
Old 2009-10-29, 11:48am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

I love this idea too. Count me in, if you need more people I'm happy to help.
Will PM my email address.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-10-30, 6:40am
Cats & Glass!

Count me in too. I'm also a web developer. I'll PM you my email addy.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-10-30, 8:11am
honorary bead lady

Can I suggest that perhaps someone talk with Corri??? There is a bead classified board here but it is little used or promoted, Just a thought?

Oh and count me in too I guess, when I feel stuff is good enough to market.

Last edited by houptdavid; 2009-10-30 at 8:14am.
Old 2009-10-30, 10:46am
Experimentalist

Thanks everyone, for your enthusiasm, your ideas, and your support.

We had our first chat last night (the transcript is available on the forum... if I don't already have your email address, please pm me with it and I'll send you the forum details).

Moving forward...

Old 2009-10-30, 10:59am

Hi laura...I would love to be a part of this in any way possible. I am a stay at home mom of teenagers so I have time on my hands!
Old 2009-10-30, 12:28pm
I like to melt things

I can code, and I am interested in both helping and participating in it as a selling venue.

I work full time, but I guess I need something to fill up the time between work and sleep other than sticking food in my mouth and watching television

-
-
Old 2009-11-05, 4:42am

There remain a few people who have expressed interest here, but haven't supplied an email address. If you're still interested and haven't provided a contact email, please do so via pm.

Thanks!
Old 2009-12-10, 7:11am
Liquid Lava

This sounded like a good idea? How are you getting on? Have you got the software/platform to run this thing? There is a way to customize WordPress into an online shop using the eShop and RoleManagement plugins.
Old 2009-12-10, 8:09am
Experimentalist

Hi Kemet! Thanks for asking about this exciting project. We are continuing to move forward. And yes, it actually is the software/platform that we are in the process of discussing right now.

Would you be available as a resource (or sounding board) if we have questions in this area?

Thanks,
Laura

Old 2009-12-11, 2:46am
Liquid Lava

Laura, actually - I don't know how far are you with this project, but the thing is that I have a loose domain name that I had intended to turn into a multiuser marketplace, I have a free unlimited hosting server in Kentucky and an extensive knowledge of e-commerce and SEO (alas, my sig obviously gave it away already)... and I've got a vision (no, I'm not on the mushrooms, LOL). The difficult bit is the unified transaction system. Well, we need to talk.

The problem is that I've always struggled to get people to co-op because some think they'd be better off on their own. They would if their uncle is Bruce Clay (he's a search engine optimization guru )... otherwise they wouldn't...

Co-ops are brilliant in a way that (compared to a single-artist website) they give a customer a wider choice... A good selection of different items is essential, I've found it with my current e-shop.

Old 2009-12-14, 2:37pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Wondering how this is coming along. Interested in it. Shouldn't glass art be included too, not just beads and jewelry. Wider array of items would bring in more people from searches. Like glass marbles, not really a bead because there's no hole. Anyway, just saw this thread and it sparked my interest.

~
~
~
~
Old 2009-12-14, 4:05pm
Experimentalist

Hi Karen! Thanks for your interest and YES... I love glass marbles. I totally think glass marbles would be appropriate for this proposed site.

PM me your email addie and I'll add you to the crew of interested parties.

We will be having our first virtual get-together later this week.

Thanks!

Old 2009-12-14, 9:31pm

I, also am very interested. I am not sure how I can help, but I do have extra time as I work from home. I will PM you my addy.

Shirley
Old 2009-12-14, 11:49pm
Cat Winx

I, too, think this is a very interesting project and would like to be involved. And I also don't know what I have to contribute except as another artist. I am just working on getting set up as I became disabled and, as a single mom and an artist, it is clear to me it's time to learn how to sell my work.
I mean, sheesh, I have seen a lot of other people make money off of it in the past. Now it's my turn!
Maybe I will find something I'm good at that will help along the way?
I've been studying online business and digital photog and all the other usual suspects since the end of July. I see workshops and classes in my future.

So I guess I am saying I'd like to help but I'm not sure how. Count me in too?

Old 2009-12-15, 10:42am
Experimentalist

Way cool!

We'll put our collective heads together and see what we think about the feasibility of the project.

Make sure I have your email addie... sending out info today.

Cheers!