Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-11-16, 11:56am
I'm a lilac!

Wow, the thing that's standing out to me right now is that I see a company working hard to make sure everyone knows that their dissatisfied customers are "wrong", and that doesn't sit right with most people no matter how you slice it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:54pm

No I was not talking about being seen on Google, but then you know that. I was talking about my web domain hosting company NOT showing I even had a domain hosted anywhere. But you had it showing fine for you, but I did not want a site for just you to see.

You can slam me all you want, but the simple truth is I had my DNS checked out and the server you would not move my site from had many, many problems. In fact it was the same server that you had me on the first time I hosted with your company, yet when I had problems the second time and I asked to be move you guy said no! Not that you could not, but that YOU WOULD NOT!

I have done much more homework than is need to know your company just does not care about fixing problems when they are in your ticket system, but man you sure can find the time to come into a forum to slam those of us that have just had enough of your company's poor customer service.

Why did you not fix things back when I was paying you to provide a service? You have all kinds of time to be rude and sarcastic to those of us that WAS paying you money each month.

Look I am not going to go into what I know and how long I have been doing things, it does not matter, because I can not force you to see that your problems are within your company service and not in former customers disliking your company. You response to this has just confirmed that you still just do not get it.

Your Google search just proves to me that you CAN see what you want to see on your end. I see this, see below.

I find no need to stretch the truth, the truth is just that, the truth. I think most folks can see it when they see it. Folks if you want a good hosting company, with GREAT customer service go to Shoppe Pro they work hard and work with you to get these problem resolved BEFORE they become a forum post problem.

Please know this, I do not work for nor get paid from Shoppe pro, I just went from a nightmare hosting to a dream hosting company all in a few days. The software is the same, it is the people that make all the difference.

Chuck

PS, Oh this is just too rich, pappa shop sent me an email asking that I update my CC on an account that I closed a year ago...
Attached Images

Last edited by Chuck Cobb; 2010-11-16 at 1:11pm.
Old 2010-11-16, 1:14pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychantell View Post
Chuck,

It doesn't matter who the host is for you to get noticed on a search engine. To think that shows me that you really need to do your research to see what it is that search engines really look for. Its not who is hosting your site lol. Oh and When I do a search on Google for Vinyl Wall Art here is what I see. I see 9 sites ahead of you and yours isn't even a personal/business website like you had with PappaShop. Its an Etsy site (Shoppe Pro doesn't own Etsy as far as I know).

www.TradingPhrases.com
www.wall-pops.com
www.vinylwallart.com
www.wallsneedlove.com
www.amazon.com
www.rightonthewalls.com
www.lewasdesigns.com
vinylattraction.com
www.instructables.com
www.etsy.com/shop/ChuckEBrydWallArt
www.quotethewalls.com
www.wallquotes.com
tackysmack.com

On another note, when something goes wrong and we receive tickets asking what happened, when will it be fixed, why did this happen, why aren't you keeping me updated? Would you rather we stop working on the actual issue and take the time to write each person who asks these questions and stall the whole process? Or would you like it if we kept working to resolve the problem and then let you know its taken care of? When something major happens (and yes things happen), we do post it on our announcements page or send out an email. Most people.... I'd say 99% of the people hosted with us read that we are working on it and let us get the job done. There area a small handful though who insist that we stop working and explain the details as if that's going to remedy everything.

All in all, what I see from this thread is that you can't please everyone. However, a handful of 5 or 6 unhappy customers out of thousands and thousands of clients..... afterall, there's only so much you can do or that you can control. I also see that stretching the "truth" is usually what happens when people set out to bash a person or company in a public forum. Afterall, reality isn't quite as interesting to read.

Its a wonderful thing that a company can grow so big because of satisfied customers spreading the word.
The reverse can happen through word of mouth too.
The 5 or 6 unhappy customers can grow to thousands. And quickly too.
Just sayin.

J.

Old 2010-11-16, 3:23pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Wow, the thing that's standing out to me right now is that I see a company working hard to make sure everyone knows that their dissatisfied customers are "wrong", and that doesn't sit right with most people no matter how you slice it.
Yeah, not too smart.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-11-16, 3:49pm
Storm Queen

You can tell a lot about a company by how they handle an issue on a public message board.

Old 2010-11-16, 5:27pm
Pappashop.com

Default My last post on this thread

I don't have to prove anything and can only help the people that actually want help.

We operate our company with the highest integerity and respect - and never resort to bashing or paraphrasing ( another word for twisting the truth ) in public fourms.

Just so that everyone can see that no problem exists using our software with Firefox

http://www.pappashop.com/pages/doesF...hPappashop.php

Last edited by alex@pappashop.com; 2010-11-16 at 5:33pm.
Old 2010-11-16, 5:30pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You can tell a lot about a company by how they handle an issue on a public message board.
So so true.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-11-16, 5:35pm
Pappashop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You can also tell about a person the same way.

Old 2010-11-16, 5:40pm
Pappashop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Yeah, not too smart.
Working hard to tell the whole story. What I see here is a few people chiming in and not knowing or telling the whole story.

I'm pretty much done here as I have clients that actually want help and my time is better spent doing that.

Old 2010-11-16, 5:44pm
Pappashop.com

Quote:
Yeah, not too smart.
Just a side note - your user name gave me a chuckle - look up what motorcycle riders call squids.

Last edited by alex@pappashop.com; 2010-11-16 at 5:47pm.
Old 2010-11-16, 5:45pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex@pappashop.com View Post
You can also tell about a person the same way.
Keep digging.

So is this your last post in this thread?

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-11-16, 7:36pm
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
I once hired a web designer for my elaborate shopping cart (on my rubber stamp site). I wrote down every thing I hated about shopping on line and had him design it. The one thing he taught me was GODADDY! They may appear "corporate" but let me share this: they have 24/7 customer service with live human beings in Arizona!!! They are nice and knowledgeable. I've talked to them on CHRISTMAS DAY!
Yup! I've used GoDaddy for about 8 years and they've been great. I've had troubles on my end twice, and gotten help on the phone within 5 minutes each time. The people (local to me) are friendly and helpful, and the prices are very reasonable.

I've been playing with a trial version of Coffee Cup for web design and I really like it, so far.

Old 2010-11-16, 7:53pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Just a side note - your user name gave me a chuckle - look up what motorcycle riders call squids.
Quote:
A Squid is a motorcycle rider who, experienced or not, rides outside his abilities and sets poor examples by attire, propriety, and general behavior on the motorcycle.
Huh. And that gave you "a chuckle" why?

I am currently in the market for a new hosting company, as Telana has too much downtime for my comfort. I guess I know one I can unequivocally rule out. Very unprofessional.

Old 2010-11-16, 7:57pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Working hard to tell the whole story. What I see here is a few people chiming in and not knowing or telling the whole story.
I don't need to know any facts at all. I'm just commenting on how you two have handled a situation and it's been unprofessional. That's all on you.

Old 2010-11-16, 8:36pm
Live and Let Live

Just have to say... I work in the I.T. field doing systems support, and if I EVER interfaced with customers in as sarcastic and unprofessional a way as what I've seen the 2 representatives of Pappashop do in this thread, I'd be in the unemployment line the next day. I know where I'm never taking MY hosting business. And I'll tell 2 friends, and they'll tell 2 friends, and so on, and so on...

Old 2010-11-16, 9:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

One thing I have noticed over the years is that almost every time someone starts a "bad vendor" thread, there are usually several people that chime in to say what a great experience they had. That doesn't seem to be happening in this thread. Hmmmm....

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-11-16, 10:29pm
The Queen of Sofa King

Quote:

We operate our company with the highest integerity and respect - and never resort to bashing or paraphrasing ( another word for twisting the truth ) in public fourms.

http://www.pappashop.com/pages/doesF...hPappashop.php
Quote:
Um, that last quote doesn't look like the highest integrity and respect to me.

Old 2010-12-29, 3:17pm
boro color bender

I love Pappashop... they have always answered my questions promptly and have gone above and beyond... I'm sorry some folks have been less than satisfied... I recommend them all the time... to non-glass folks too. I'll continue to support them until I see them mess up... nobody is 100%, but in my experience, they've come darn close...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-12-30, 7:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I love Pappashop... they have always answered my questions promptly and have gone above and beyond... I'm sorry some folks have been less than satisfied... I recommend them all the time... to non-glass folks too. I'll continue to support them until I see them mess up... nobody is 100%, but in my experience, they've come darn close...
Sad, just sad....

Old 2010-12-31, 4:48am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Cobb View Post
Sad, just sad....
and what's so sad about me chiming in with my experience?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-12-31, 9:03am
boro color bender

Quote:
One thing I have noticed over the years is that almost every time someone starts a "bad vendor" thread, there are usually several people that chime in to say what a great experience they had. That doesn't seem to be happening in this thread. Hmmmm....
Quote:
Sad, just sad....
Squid, i was directed here by link... didn't see the thread until i posted to it... perhaps the people who are happy with Pappashop's service don't have a reason to come in here... it's working just fine...

and perhaps it's a little bit because when I posted a good opinion of them, I got what i got from Mr. Cobb... some times it doesn't pay to speak up... I've got thick skin though, so I was ready for it... I'm actually proud of Mr. Cobb... at least he said something in the thread... directly... doesn't make it right... or wrong... but he's entitled to his opinion...

I'm a techtard and one of the main reasons I suggest Pappashop is because I can use it... i figure if I can't booger it up, then it's easy enough for most artists out there. I was to learn about glass, not HTML and the like. I have zero idea how any of this stuff works... and i plan on keeping it that way. I'm sure there are cheaper and maybe even better hosting services... most of them confuse me to no end. Pappashop was super easy from day one...

I also hope that no matter who has the problems or how they are presented, that Pappashop will treat them as a valid concern and address the actual issue. They have a few unhappy customers among many happy ones... if they run their business right, they'll do all they can to keep it minimal and make the needed improvements... it's all I expect of them... if i encounter a problem and they don't resolve it, I may be shopping for a new host myself some day... I have no ties to Pappashop or personal interest... I pay them quarterly and even got shut off once when i forgot... I paid it and they turned me back on... that's how things work... and everybody is free to like/dislike anybody they choose... I think how we choose to express it says a lot about our character... mine and yours...

Old 2010-12-31, 11:33am
I'm a lilac!

Their responses here in this thread told me everything I needed to know about their service and professionalism.

Old 2010-12-31, 12:07pm
Serenity Now!

...and more~! Well said Kalera.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-12-31, 12:29pm
boro color bender

I would normally agree Kalera, but I've had customers who pushed my buttons and were demanding to the point of "unbelievable" or said things that just were not true... do I like how they responded, no, but i do understand it... I hope we can all do better... treat each other better... Pappashop was not the first to be nasty and nobody is saying much about any other bad behavior... I expect Pappashop would have behaved totally different if the approach had been honest and not so negative... I personally know and have heard many more people who are completely satisfied with their service...

Now there are two threads started in the same room on the same topic by the same unhappy customer... tell me that's reasonable...

Old 2010-12-31, 12:33pm
I'm a lilac!

I've had some pretty unreal customers as well. I have even had customers I have had to "fire". That's not the issue. Like I said before, I'm in the market for a new web host and the way they handled this thread absolutely ruled them out. What Alex said to Squid was completely uncalled-for and unprofessional. There is no way I would engage in business interaction with someone who handles criticism that way; that he felt OK doing it publicly only intensifies my wariness for what he would say when he felt it was private. It is not about who is right or whether the customer is reasonable. The customer has the luxury of it not being their job.

That does not necessarily make him a bad person, but it makes him a person I wouldn't consider doing business with. If you are unable to maintain a professional demeanor in public, you will lose customers. If you cannot accept criticism from your market sector, you will lose customers. That's just how it goes.

Last edited by Kalera; 2010-12-31 at 12:38pm.
Old 2010-12-31, 1:14pm
Serenity Now!

Brent - please don't imply that these two threads have anything in common, other than both dealing with PappaShop - and issues with them. The other thread was started in Oct, because I woke up one day to find my website had disappeared, and not been renewed by the automatic renewal system. At the time, that was my issue. I have no control how others respond to any thread, and the fact that PS ended up looking real bad, was due to their own behaviour. My only post in the thread was the first one.

The 2nd thread was started just recently. The only reason this first, initial thread was dragged out again is because YOU posted to it, after it had slid down the page, and been idle for 6 weeks.

All in all, I am absolutely delighted with how my new website is going, and once again, I'll say how thrilled I am to be finished with PS, and their unprofessionalism, and outdated, old-fashioned, over-priced services and offerings. There is so much better out there.

Thank you for everyone's kind support, both here on the forum, and the e-mails I've been sent.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2010-12-31 at 9:17pm.
Old 2011-01-01, 12:13pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Quote:
I have given pappa shop 2 chances to host my site and they failed both times, no one could find my site and I do mean the server went missing, but pappa shop could see everything just fine so to them there was no problem. It was not just my pc, or the other 6 in my shop and office, but many friends from a forum I run. I could not afford to waste any more time waiting for pappa shop to "see a problem" when my site was not coming up.

Yes the standard answer from pappa shop was "we see it, all is fine, it must be a problem on YOUR END?".

addressing this only

when I moved to Nebraska from Alaska, I left my website hosted in Alaska. A couple of years later, I suddenly couldn't see my website, couldn't use FTP, couldn't make changes. It took several hours with tech support to get past the front line guys, and determine that security settings on the Alaska servers had been changed, and they would no longer communicate with each other.

It was as if my website had vanished, the browser would simply time out, as would all FTP attempts. Of course the techs in Ak could see it just fine, since it was hosted on their servers. It was the tech here in Nebraska who told me what the problem was, but he wasn't in a position to fix it, and the front line guys in AK he did try to contact wouldn't admit that that was the problem, since "they could see it just fine".
I wound up moving my website over it, since it was something the normal tech support couldn't/wouldn't address.
Old 2011-12-31, 2:20am

HELPTICKETS.... that is a joke. They should be NOHELPTICKETS
Alex is nice at first but then the true colors come out when you have
a problem. They are immature, rude and totally unprofessional.
I lost $600 on them. One morning when I called he finally did answer but he
was angry that I interrupted his yahtzee game with his kid.
Old 2011-12-31, 4:50pm
Bohemian Bead Peddler

Wow, I use Square Space and I was looking in to Papashop, but based on all of Alex's comments here, I would NEVER switch! Holy crap! I used to use NetSol's to sell online (medical equipment) and they were really very professional but also expensive. Damn, I hate to say it, but with the youtube video's of JayChantell and then Alex's flippant remarks, there's NO WAY I would EVER switch to them.