Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-01-05, 6:04am
phrit phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunesse View Post
dumb question:

How do you know what to put on a plate on a knuckle buster....?

Sometimes they want a merchant #?

Huh?
OMG Not a dumb question! I was asking this one myself to a fellow LEer. A friend of mine and I do the buddy system on this. I had NO idea what to put on my knucklebuster...now I do. Thank you!
xoxo
lori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-07, 8:08am
FKA Stacia

What is the knuckle buster's official name? I need to look for one on ebay and have no idea what to search under. I put in knuckle buster as a fluke and got knuckle busters. Well, I'm really not the violent sort so I passed.

Thanks for help.
Stacia
Old 2007-01-07, 8:32am

Unhappy

Try manual credit card machine or manual credit card imprinter. Also do a google search. Make sure you get the slips with the imprinter.....

You need both the debit and credit ones if you get a return...... I have never used the return ones. But I do have a pack just in case.
Purchase the kit that has the plate, slips and imprinter.....Knuckle buster.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2007-01-07, 8:54am

I got my imprintor, plate and slips from here:

http://www.pospaper.com/

Martha
Old 2007-01-07, 12:27pm
FKA Stacia

Thanks bunches.
Stacia
Old 2007-07-18, 1:50pm
HIPPKITTYBEADS

I'm about to do another show and I'll be using Propay to phone in charges. Does anyone know what it will say on the customers credit card bill as far as where the charge came from? Does it say Propay? It's been so long since I used it I can't remember. I want to be sure to tell my customers what to expect.
Vickie

Nothing at the moment.
Old 2007-07-19, 7:17am

It will have the email address that is attached to your paypal account. I always make a slip out and put that info on it and have them sign it and write the sec. code off the back of hteir card even when I am calling them in. Dont forget their ZIP code! Been there, done that LOL thankfully I was able to look it up using her phone number tho.

Robyn
Old 2007-07-19, 1:22pm

Okay now I'm concerned. I just signed up for a Propay account and had a plate made with my name and address, thinking that's what would show up on their credit card statement.

Why would it show my Paypal e-mail address?

Rose Ann
Old 2007-07-19, 3:39pm

I use propay all the time. The email account that is associated with your card it what will show up on there bill. I put on the plate first line my business name then the next couple lines I put "so and so email address will be what will appear on your statement" If you don't write that somewhere on the slip or have it on the plate you will be likely to get a charge back as people will think they did not order anything online. I think this is a great service when you just do a small amount of credit cards.

Old 2007-07-19, 7:22pm

Yes I write the email info on the slips and also tell them that is how it will appear on their statement and not to worry that someone is using it online and so far have not had a problem with it. Of course it may help that my email addy has my business name in it too. It has worked perfectly for me and is quick. Have the debit card from them and can take it out of the money machine if I need it asap or cheaper to just have a bank transfer if can wait for it. Either way it has been well worth it.

Robyn
Old 2007-07-20, 9:42am

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=57031

link to discussion in marketing , great credit card info there too!
thanks all for the info
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-07-20, 1:14pm
Feverish Little Minx

I use Pro-pay. I use a knuckle buster and charge slips. I bought a stamp that has my info on it, and stamp every slip with the info. I get the customers' name, address, and phone number just in case there's a charge back. I process at the end of the day via telephone. It's too crazy-making to call the charges in during a show. You need to have the customer's zip to process, but if you forget, you can use your zip, or the show zip with no problems. I did get one charge back because a customer forget that she bought some jewelry from me. After I called her on the phone and realized her mistake, she told the credit card company of her mistake. Still, Pro-pay charged me $15 which sucks. Ever since then, I make sure I tell them that their charge statement will show up as my e-mail address. I haven't had any probs since. (knock on wood)

I'm all out of clever.
Old 2007-08-02, 4:19am
More glass...more glass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamechick View Post
You need to have the customer's zip to process, but if you forget, you can use your zip, or the show zip with no problems.

Are you sure about this? My understanding is that the ZIP is used to verify that the credit transaction is authentic (i.e. you didn't just find a credit card on the ground and decide to charge something to it...). I don't remember Propay saying that you could use any zip....what would be the point?

edz

( Nothing available right now )

(Nothing available right now)
Old 2007-08-02, 8:27am
Feverish Little Minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2remember View Post
Are you sure about this? My understanding is that the ZIP is used to verify that the credit transaction is authentic (i.e. you didn't just find a credit card on the ground and decide to charge something to it...). I don't remember Propay saying that you could use any zip....what would be the point?

edz

Yes. Two summers ago a friend was helping me at an art fair. Things got really busy, and she forgot to get addresses and phone numbers for a number of charges totalling over $800. I of course freaked out because I didn't know how I was going to process the charges. I contacted ProPay via the on-line chat support system, and they told me to use either my zip code, or the location of the art show to process. I used the zip code of the location of the art fair and had no problems.

FYI: While you need a zip code to process, the address info is optional - it is used to protect you from fraud. The charge will go thru even if the address info (including the zip code) doesn't match.

http://www.propay.com/popup/avs_pop.aspx

This information is optional. However, if you enter your customer’s address in these fields, ProPay will compare the address you submit to the address the card-issuing bank has on file for the cardholder. This check, called the Address Verification System, or AVS, will return a code to you telling you how well the addresses match up. It is primarily designed to protect you from fraudulent card users.

There are several AVS codes that may be returned on a transaction. The following are the most common codes:

X = Exact street address match and 9-digit zip code match.
Y = Exact street address match and 5-digit zip code match.
A = Street address match only (zip code does not match).
W = 9-digit zip code match only (the street address does not match).
Z = 5-digit zip code match only (the street address does not match).
N = No street address or zip match at all.
U = Address unavailable. Usually means the billing address was not entered, so a check could not be made.
R = Issuer system unavailable. Usually means the address for the credit card could not be looked up due to problems with the lines to the issuing bank.
A positive AVS code (X or Y) is a strong indication that the cardholder is tied to the address you were given, and gives you an extra level of security. Your transaction will be processed regardless of the AVS result.

As a merchant, you determine whether you want to deal with customers who return low-level AVS matches. You may refund a transaction if you’re not comfortable with the AVS code returned to you.

I'm all out of clever.