Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-05-08, 9:16pm

Starrr, are you talking about the search that has the drop down with the item numbers? If so, you have to go into your template, and delete that line. I'm sorry to say I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it seems to me that it was fairly easy to find. If you're not sure if you've got the right line, change the color of the text first, and see if that's it. PM me if you need some help doing that. I'll be glad to help further! Also, if you get rid of it on your template, it's gone from all the pages. The only search I have is located on the Catalog page. I'm not exactly thrilled with that page's layout, but there's only so much I can change and then there's a charge for other stuff to be changed.

JJ, except for the banner, which is an image, all of the fonts should be arial. Did you find some that were problematic? Were the images slow to load for you? Are you on dial-up? I originally had all the images as gif's but was having a real issue with clarity. The ones that are jpeg's, though, aren't any larger (file size) than the gif's.

I am very appreciative of your comments! Please do let me know if you had any particular difficulties. Also, are you on a Mac or PC? I'm just curious to help me get this set up as best I can for all concerned.

Thanks to you both!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Renee; 2007-05-08 at 9:19pm.
Old 2007-05-09, 2:13pm
Dead man walking

No problem with fonts, I just saw someone else mentioned using a custom font and wanted to throw the red flag up before you had issues. In an image is not an issue, as a font in the HTML is a PIA for your customer.

I'm on a pretty fast cable connection so I didn't have any issues with your site.

If your images are in JPG and about the same size as the GIFs, that's great! Use JPG for sure then as you will get a crisper more vibrant picture. Try brightening them up through Photoshop as was previously mentioned and play with the contrast as well to make them pop.

Good luck!
Old 2007-05-09, 8:06pm

Thanks, JJ! You're right in that some of the pictures do need brightening, and it's on my list of things to do asap. I also want to exchange some gif's for jpg's because the image quality of some of the pic's is pretty poor. Thanks bunches for your input!! I really appreciate any and all advice, suggestions, and critiques!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-19, 2:52am
a pox upon an idiot :..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Starrr, are you talking about the search that has the drop down with the item numbers? If so, you have to go into your template, and delete that line. I'm sorry to say I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it seems to me that it was fairly easy to find. If you're not sure if you've got the right line, change the color of the text first, and see if that's it. PM me if you need some help doing that. I'll be glad to help further! Also, if you get rid of it on your template, it's gone from all the pages. The only search I have is located on the Catalog page. I'm not exactly thrilled with that page's layout, but there's only so much I can change and then there's a charge for other stuff to be changed.

JJ, except for the banner, which is an image, all of the fonts should be arial. Did you find some that were problematic? Were the images slow to load for you? Are you on dial-up? I originally had all the images as gif's but was having a real issue with clarity. The ones that are jpeg's, though, aren't any larger (file size) than the gif's.

I am very appreciative of your comments! Please do let me know if you had any particular difficulties. Also, are you on a Mac or PC? I'm just curious to help me get this set up as best I can for all concerned.

Thanks to you both!!
Renee, Thank You! for taking the time to answer my question and sorry it took so long to reply, I'll probably just delete the catalog search from my template. It's been about a year an a half since I had Pappashop do my website and let it go because I just, well, hate doing it. I checked the other day and found out that I am now LIVE, didn't know I was, so I have a blank website, with a very cool template,( My friend is a professional graphic designer and did my logo and home page ).

Edie