Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-06-04, 8:49pm

Thumbs up Picture of my friend and her purple heart!

Hey everyone! I know how dedicated to Beads of Courage you all are so I thought I would share this. My friend, Sydney, lives near Atlanta and got radiation the same time I did. She recently finished her 17 rounds of chemo and received her purple heart for completion. How exciting! I'm very excited for her and maybe a little jealous, too, because I left too quickly after my short treatment to get a purple heart of my own. =]

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

She looks fabulous and is getting stronger every day. Pretty soon she won't need that beautiful wig!
Old 2012-06-05, 12:14am

Sydney does look great and happy! Congrats Sydney! Radiation cant have been a picnic either, I would like to send you a purple heart or other color if you prefer, pm me your address.
Jackie
Old 2012-06-05, 4:15am

Congratulations to Sydney. It's nice to see where our beads go and it's even better when it's a purple heart at the end of the treatment. And congratulations for you, too- even if you didn't get your purple heart.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2012-06-05, 6:05am

Congratulations to Sydney. She looks strong and beautiful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist