Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-11-30, 10:02pm

Default Raven and Honeybee tutorials coming up in December!

Hi everyone!

I've been getting alot of pm's lately asking me about when my Honeybee and Raven tutorials are coming out. They are both being released in December! I would have released them already but they are both coinciding with two magazines so I have to wait until the magazines are on the newstands. I will post here when they are available as well as send out notices on Twitter and my blog as well.

Thanks for being so patient, I put a lot of energy into these tutorials and have shared all my techniques that I hope will make the wait worth while.

I'm also looking for feedback on other tutorials you might like to see from me in the near future. I'm considering an Owl Baby Tutorial, a Horse and possibly a Swan or Heron.
Let me know what you are interested in!

Stay tuned!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-30, 10:06pm
Burning Fingers!

Can't wait to see the new tutorials! December starts tomorrow - lol!
I would love to see the horse and the heron. Thanks.

/
/
/

Old 2009-11-30, 10:07pm
Live and Let Live

Quote:
they are both coinciding with two magazines so I have to wait until the magazines are on the newstands
Do you mean they will be published in the magazines? Can't wait to see the Raven one, esp! I love your horses and swans too, so I'm on board for you to write those up.

Old 2009-11-30, 10:17pm

Thanks Jane!

I don't have an exact date but it will be very soon......

Lisa - something like that! Can't give too much away but I will definitely post about it when they hit the newsstands!

Thanks for the feedback ladies! It helps alot to know what everyone is interested in.

Old 2009-12-01, 4:06am
Knob Creek Glass

Yeah!
Old 2009-12-01, 5:53am
Queen Bee

I can't wait!! Your tuts are at the top of my wish list this Christmas.........I see you in a lot of my mags and always stop in awe.........seems you're in Stringing nearly every month! I just love your beads!!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-12-01, 9:39am

Which one .. so I make sure I get it !?? Look forward to your Tuts !
~~

Old 2009-12-01, 10:25am

Thanks Donna!

Lorraine - I can't reveal the magazines yet but I will as soon as they are published. I believe the raven tutorial will be available first - for sure before Christmas!!

Old 2009-12-01, 10:41am
I speak Murrini!

Okie! Sounds neat! Can you show us a pic of the Honey Bee you make? I make a couple different versions of my own and I know there's a tut already for a 3-D style bee by TikiTerri (which is darling, by the way). Since I luvz me ALL bees, I'd really enjoy seeing your "example" if you have one handy!

Best of luck on these - it all sounds wonderfully exciting!

De

ETA: Der! Just found this in your Etsy - very cool! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=35232017 Sorry for being such a dolt! ~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-12-01, 12:24pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I'm so looking forward to this! I'm glad you are doing the raven first - it will make a good starting point for other ideas

Old 2009-12-01, 12:25pm

Default Yeah!!!

I cann't wait to get your Honey Bee tut. I like all of the tuts but the Honey Bee is my fav. Will be looking forward to the others you plan on making.
Especially the horse one.
Janet
Old 2009-12-01, 3:02pm

Hi Ladies!

I just saw the other honeybee tutorial by TikiTerri - it looks adorable! My honeybee is a different style altogether and sits flat against the bead rather than being 3 dimensional. I'll post pics soon!

Old 2009-12-01, 3:08pm
Wendy

Kerri, your beads are so recognizable that each time they've appeared in a magazine I have to pick it up and see if they've managed to include an interview with you! If you're taking requests, your owl baby tut would be at the absolute top of my wish list from you. I saved the pictures of the ones you did 2 years ago (I think) and love just looking at them.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2009-12-01, 3:19pm

Yeah!!! I've been waiting sooooo long Kerri!! You have my email address, and I do look in here everyday. I just don't want to miss a second of buying your tutorials.
eeeee sooo excited!!
Swan for sure tutorial...
Old 2009-12-01, 3:19pm

Can't wait! I love your tutorials! would be VERY interested in a horse tut!

Old 2009-12-01, 5:35pm

Thank you, Wendy! I think an Owl Baby tut would be fun and so I'm seriously considering that one.

Thanks Teena and Jessica! I appreciate the feedback! I'm so glad you are interested in my tutorials and will endeavor to have more coming down the pipeline in the New Year. Keep those suggestions coming!

Old 2009-12-09, 5:06pm
alisa

I would really like you to produce a white horse tutorial! I love horses! Your horse bead I saw In a magazine is exquisite! I couldn't believe how beautiful it is and it's actually done with glass!
Alisa
Old 2009-12-10, 10:09pm

Hi Alisa!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. I am definitely considering a horse tutorial for the New Year but am debating on the colors....possibly white....possibly black or something else entirely! lol! I need to create more horse beads and determine which would be the easiest to illustrate. The shading I do in some of my horses requires a lot of blending and I'm thinking it might be better taught in a class environment than a tutorial. I'll have to "horse around" at the torch for a bit and see what I can come up with!

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Old 2009-12-12, 11:18am
Burning Fingers!

"Are we there yet?"

/
/
/

Old 2009-12-12, 12:10pm

ready!!!!!

Old 2009-12-12, 8:20pm

Thanks for being so patient everyone! I have heard from one of the magazines that Dec 18th is the day but as for the other one I'm still waiting to hear.....I'll post the second I can release them!

Old 2009-12-13, 12:32am
Unmedicated since '62

i saw the article in bead and button today - very nice! i was flicking through it on the news stand and recognised your beads right away

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-12-20, 8:45am

Thank you, Deb!

That was the special issue that featured projects from the Convergence Exhibit - I did a necklace with Melissa Cable called Metal Garden. She did an amazing job with the honeybee beads I gave her. I have the necklace that was featured in the magazine and it's quite a statement piece! lol! I think I'll wear it to my next Christmas party.

The Honeybee Tutorial is coming in a matter of days.....stay tuned for updates!!

Old 2009-12-27, 11:40am

I really love your beads, can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2009-12-28, 9:57am

Thank you, Sandra!

I have some new tutorials lined up for the new year but am always looking for suggestions. If there is a particular bead that I do that you would like to see made into a tutorial, just let me know!

Old 2009-12-28, 8:11pm

I would love to see a horse one. If you ever do one I will have to save up for it.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2009-12-30, 7:41pm

Thanks Sandra!

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in a horse tutorial so it's already in the works for the New Year. I'll keep everyone posted!