Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-03-30, 4:20pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default Call For Vessels!!!!

I'm doing some scholarly presentations over the next couple of years, and am putting out the call for some great vessel images.

They can be vessels created with the hollow bead method, core forming or blown. Soft glass, boro, any type of glass is fine. Here are some more details:
  • Size of the work should be up to, but no larger than, 20cm (7.87 inches).
  • Must be a functional vessel, not a vessel-shaped bead.
  • Must be made on a torch, not from a furnace or crucible kiln.
  • Image Size: 1280 x 1024
I have a release form for you to download at:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/tinkreleaseform.doc
I must have a signed copy of this to consider your work for inclusion.

This is an ongoing project: Presentations will be given in Ireland, Spain and several other locations around the globe. There is no deadline at this point, though to be considered for inclusion in the Ireland/Spain presentations, I'll need images no later than the 28th of April. I have no desire to make these presentations "The Tink Show", and would like to include the work of a broad range of artists. I encourage you to submit your work!

More information will be posted here on an as-needed basis. If you wish to keep up on this topic, please remember to subscribe to this thread.

Completed release forms and images can be emailed to me at: tink@blackswampglassworks.com

Good luck!

Tink

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tink; 2007-03-30 at 5:43pm.
Old 2007-03-30, 7:24pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I have also uploaded the release form as a PDF file:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/tinkreleaseform.pdf

Also Available in

Old 2007-03-30, 8:51pm
I'm a lilac!

Hm, you need it by my birthday... I might be able to pull that off, if I don't flake out! I haven't made any vessels for a while... the last one was for the sisterbrotherhood game.

Old 2007-03-30, 10:47pm

I'm in! This has inspired me to try other styles.....hmmmm.......

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on

Old 2007-03-31, 6:00am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Thanks, guys!

Happy birthday, Kalera

Also Available in

Old 2007-03-31, 10:45am
William Hagy

These are little

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2007-04-01, 2:34pm

Cool Tink, I'll send you some pics as well as the release form. I'm so looking forward to taking classes from you this month.

Lois

Bead Gallery
Old 2007-04-01, 2:38pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Hi Tink! I'll do it if I can take a good enough pic! (Very techno-challenged!)
Lea
Old 2007-04-02, 6:14am

Hi Tink, I'd love to participate. Cheryl Cobern-Browne is one of my favorite people in the whole world - you will absolutely love her. And actually I just posted a this vessel in yesterday's show and tell... Let me know if you meets your needs or not and I can send the hi-res ones. Hope you're having a great week.

Old 2007-04-02, 6:52am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Fabulous, guys! Dave, that's lovely! Send on the hi-res pics everyone.

Also Available in

Old 2007-04-02, 8:50am
Detail G-Mama!

Man I hope Vickie sees this!! She has been doing some awesome bird vessels since your class!!

Old 2007-04-02, 9:01am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I emailed her

So for those of you watching this thread, if anyone is looking for me, I am really really sick right now. I suspect pneumonia. But on top of being ill, I have a committment this week at a friend's studio. Bottom line is, I may be hard to reach.

Also Available in

Old 2007-04-02, 2:27pm

Out of curiosity is there anyway to subscribe to a thread without posting to it? I usually forget to subscribe when I post and simple edits don't let you subscribe either????

Lynne
Old 2007-04-02, 3:06pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Thanks, guys!

Happy birthday, Kalera

Thanks, Tink!

Old 2007-04-03, 8:51am
I'm not Barbie.

Here is one of mine, now if I can figure out how to do the rest of the requirements, I'll send them on!

Old 2007-04-03, 4:21pm
Fire and Fluidity

Hey Tink, sorry to hear you are sick, get well soon!!!

How about this one? Its boro, blown from the end of a boro tube, ground airtight stopper. Called "Lupine Garden". I do have high res files of several views of it.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Last edited by fyrsmith; 2007-04-03 at 4:24pm.
Old 2007-04-04, 7:47am
Bead Scientist

Yes!

Do you want to put a limit on how many photos we send?

I'm just addicted to vessels lately. I even begged Jen Geldard this weekend at her class here at Blue Moon until she taught us how to do it her way. So now my head is full of even more new ideas. If there were only more time...

I've gotta get photos of some of the newer ones. Here are a couple of e-formed birds.

Vickie

Old 2007-04-05, 9:06pm
Mary Lockwood

Those bird vessels are drop dead gorgeous.

Old 2007-04-12, 4:36pm
Damn Frit Bitch

the BIRDS are FABULOUS!!!
Old 2007-04-12, 5:55pm
Bead Scientist

Thanks!
I just keep making birds and trying everything I know on them.

Vickie

Old 2007-04-12, 6:04pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Just trying to get back up to speed here and wanted to check in on this thread. STUNNING work, everyone! Now get those photos in to me!

Also Available in

Old 2007-04-16, 10:10pm
Fire Bug Mommy

Hi Tink! Hope you're feeling better! Do you need to have exclusives on the submitted images or can they be submitted to other venues/publications?

Lauren
Old 2007-04-16, 10:25pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hi Lauren! No exclusives, and it doesn't matter to me how or where the images have been or may be used.

So guess how many images I've gotten..... ZERO. As much as I've tried to avoid it, the presentation is indeed turning into The Tink Show. Bleah.

Also Available in

Old 2007-04-17, 6:50am

Hey, Tink! I sent you one yesterday. Didja' get it?

Old 2007-04-17, 7:32am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Nope. Try again though. I was having some problems with attachments yesterday.

Also Available in

Old 2007-04-17, 8:13am

On the way!

Old 2007-04-17, 8:15am
Fire Bug Mommy

I'll get some to you then babe!

Lauren
Old 2007-04-17, 2:13pm
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Hm, you need it by my birthday... I might be able to pull that off, if I don't flake out! I haven't made any vessels for a while... the last one was for the sisterbrotherhood game.
I have a Kalera vessel, and it rocks!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2007-04-18, 2:54pm
Fire and Fluidity

Well, can't have just a "Tink show". I can't believe you haven't got a greater response to this. I'll send you pics tonight. Glad you are home and feeling better!!!!!!!

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2007-04-18, 6:29pm
Bead Scientist

I sent some pics last night. I'll blame it on taxes that it took me this long. Oh, right, my DH did those. Hmmmm...
Vickie