Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-12-28, 3:34am
Fried Cat

I purchased the duo sampler.
Old 2013-12-28, 7:01am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Thanks Gail for all the beautiful glass and frits! I just had to order more. I guess this was also an opportunity to show how much we appreciate your hard work, and colorful veiled cane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2013-12-28, 8:14am

Quote:
I got also some hollows made with Gail's fabulous glass. Love to use it - beads look so ethereal
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Judith, which dark green did you use for your hollows? There are beautiful! Actually I love the samples shown...my personal favorite of her glass is the purples
Old 2013-12-28, 8:23am
Angie09

Quote:
Judith, which dark green did you use for your hollows? There are beautiful! Actually I love the samples shown...my personal favorite of her glass is the purples
Can you get the streaky purples if the beads are NOT hollow? I LOVE streaky so point me to the best ones and Gail can have another sale!!
Old 2013-12-28, 8:33am

Dark hyacinth transparent and heliotrope are the veiled ones I used. Yes they show the purple streaks between .
Old 2013-12-28, 8:52am

Hey everyone! I'm heading out the door to do some "impulse" shopping. LOL
(Hi Gail!). Don't feel jealous

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-12-28, 8:59am
Disconnected

Quote:
my OP, the original post on this thread, was mostly tongue in cheek, jokingly harrasing GGG about that add.
That's the way I read it, sorry it went all wrong.

Old 2013-12-28, 9:14am

As a vendor myself, it's always hurtful to see a post about one of my colleagues when the customer posts online before contacting the vendor. This entire situation could have been avoided with one simple email to Gail. One of the things I love about this community is the courtesy and professionalism of the vendors I work with.

I couldn't agree more about Gail, her glass, and her customer service. It really is drool-worthy glass. I wrote an article about her company for the Nov. 2013 issue of the Soda Lime Times and was even more impressed with her after I wrote the article than before.

Old 2013-12-28, 9:15am

This is why I do not come here anymore. I peak in once in awhile to look at the garage sales and find this. I'm sure I'll regret this because I vowed not to post here anymore but this is insanity. As I read the OP, I took it as being very light hearted. The pictures could look like tubing to someone. There are so many people here just ready to pounce on others. Way too much drama for glass. Nobody said Gail was a bad vendor, only that he wanted some of her amazing "tubing". So what!!! That is a compliment in my book. Wow, I can't believe this. Well...I take that back, I CAN believe it.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2013-12-28 at 9:22am.
Old 2013-12-28, 1:11pm
I like to melt things

I don't have a dog in this race, but "jokingly harrasing" someone you don't know online is probably not a wise thing to do due to the inability to read body language through a typed message. I have learned something here, I hope others have too.

I don't think that the people who rose to Gail's defense are evil for doing so. The intent of the OP was not at all clear and easily taken as it was.
Old 2013-12-28, 1:34pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

We do have "body language" available to us in internet communication. They are the smileys we use. If someone is making a joke, they would use a happy face, a winkie face or a tongue-sticking out face. If someone is seriously unhappy they use a frownie face. The OP used a frownie face. I understand why people assumed the OP was serious in their disappointment, but I didnt see them being really mean to Gail.

ETA: The use of the word "damn" also increases the implication of the OP's real frustration.

~
~

#M-191

Last edited by Lyssa; 2013-12-28 at 1:37pm.
Old 2013-12-28, 1:48pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Seriously, I wouldn't even know. I bought years ago a big bunch of her glass in the Garage Sale, and most of them weren't labeled. I just checked, and it was a stringer sized kind of emerald green. No label, sorry

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-12-28, 1:49pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Can you get the streaky purples if the beads are NOT hollow? I LOVE streaky so point me to the best ones and Gail can have another sale!!
Angie, if you look at the photos that I posted - the spacer sized beads in the two photos are not hollow. In the first pic you see purple and pink spacers. You can see the streaky effect still really well.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-12-28, 5:02pm

Hey all! My visit with Gail was awesome ( as usual). We had a nice talk and shot ideas and opinions off each other regarding some of her future endeavors. One of them sounds VERY cool, too. In the whole time I was there I forgot my shopping list in the car but Gail was so kind as to give me a bag of old yarn (looks like really nice yarn, too!). I go up there for glass and come home with yarn. Go figure lol. Thanks Gail!

Duane

Old 2013-12-28, 5:07pm
Moving On

Quote:
Hey all! My visit with Gail was awesome ( as usual). We had a nice talk and shot ideas and opinions off each other regarding some of her future endeavors. One of them sounds VERY cool, too. In the whole time I was there I forgot my shopping list in the car but Gail was so kind as to give me a bag of old yarn (looks like really nice yarn, too!). I go up there for glass and come home with yarn. Go figure lol. Thanks Gail!

Duane
Hey, I gave you a nice sampling of a bunch of new colors of cane!!!

Old 2013-12-28, 5:28pm
Angie09

Quote:
Angie, if you look at the photos that I posted - the spacer sized beads in the two photos are not hollow. In the first pic you see purple and pink spacers. You can see the streaky effect still really well.
Thanks....guess I've gotta get me some! Your hollows are beautiful!
Old 2013-12-28, 5:39pm

Quote:
Hey, I gave you a nice sampling of a bunch of new colors of cane!!!
Yes, I know but I didn't want people to be jealous ....and thank you so, so much for those goodies too! I seriously DID gave a list in the car! I got half way home a saw it on the passenger side floor

Duane

Old 2013-12-29, 6:33am

The next time I visit the US, I'm going to be bringing home at least a pound with me. DH will have to carry all the clothes...
Old 2014-01-02, 12:10pm

Quote:
Gail's cane is really gorgeous, by the way

OMG, look at those colors.....I am so, so bummed I can't torch til summer.
I want summa dat!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2014-01-02, 12:17pm
Moving On

Quote:
OMG, look at those colors.....I am so, so bummed I can't torch til summer.
I want summa dat!

Nancy
Let me know when you get set up, Nancy! I didn't get up to Smuggler's Notch last summer (1st time in 24 years), but depending on how the sale of my house goes, I might be able to get up there this year, and we can get together (and I'll bring you some glassy-goodness!)---Gail

Old 2014-01-02, 12:18pm

Quote:
I've got the bead set handy that Gail mentioned in the new ad.....totally amazing amazing juicy necklace by Beth (Genea Beads)

Also, and I hope she doesn't mind....but I just had to share the work from the most fabulous Joy Munshower....a couple of goddesses she did. Again, I have these images for ad/PR purposes so I hope it's ok to share, Gail & Joy.
Talk about droolworthy!!

Gail, which colors are these?

GASP! I nearly fell off my chair at those goddesses and the gorgeous necklace with the coordinating cording......help, help, why doesn't anyone have a studio to share in northern Vermont??? I NEED to buy some of that glass, Gail!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2014-01-02, 12:20pm

Gail, it would be great to see you here. I am so totally going to illegally set up my minor and my oxycons, heck with the condo association!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2014-01-02, 1:23pm

I think I am going to have to order some of this.......after all these yummy photos.......to make hollows with. Just as soon as I get my paycheck, since I spent ALL of my money I have been hoarding, for Christmas gifts.

Old 2014-01-02, 2:48pm

Peace press + veiled glass = magic.
Attached Images

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2014-01-02, 10:21pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Gail what color is that orange goddess? I may have to break out the 104 and play around again. lol

Old 2014-01-03, 5:02am
Moving On

Quote:
Gail what color is that orange goddess? I may have to break out the 104 and play around again. lol
Hi! All of my veiled cane is Coe 96

I'd have to ask joy Munshower---I'd guess that it is either Raspberry/mandarin or Cranberry/mandarin Duos. (But it might be Core Duos)...I'll find out!

Old 2014-01-03, 8:15am
kinda torching....

It DOES kinda look like crucible dipped tubing. That's how alot of the custom boro tubing looks. Gorgeous colors! I wish I had some boro greens like that....

Old 2014-01-03, 11:29am

Smile

I just received my order of veiled glass from Gail and it came with a pretty carrying bag. What absolutely yummy colors and she was kind enough to send me the gorgeous colors that I hoped for
The rods were ice cold when they arrived, so I took them downstairs to warm up next to my torch - all ready for the next torching session. Thanks Gail for the speedy and safe delivery of my glass rods. Lydia
Old 2014-01-03, 11:40am

I can't stand looking at all the beautiful colors anymore and bought 2 of the odd lbs today. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't mess them up and they look as nice as some of the beautiful colors I've seen in this thread.
Old 2014-01-04, 6:31am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

I recently ordered a rod of every colour she makes ...... Can't wait to use it after seeing these pics! And probably have to order more! Sigh!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin