Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-11-01, 10:50pm
Lovin the Lampworker life

Talking Soft Glass Sculpture with Deb Crowley Feb. 13-14!!!!

I would like to announce that Deb Crowley is going to come teach at my place in Fort Walton Beach located on the beautiful Florida panhandle coast! The class is a two day intermediate torch class in her soft glass sculptural glass beads. These include a wearable fish, a puffer fish, a hummingbird, a turtle, a fumed foil beta fish (signature Deb Crowley bead!) and how to make the stand for the fish as well. Deb will include a blown Boro shell demo in this two day class as a freebie! The dates are Feb. 13 and 14 and the fee for the two day class is $450.00. Lunch/snacks/drinks will be included in the two day class with Deb so we can get the MOST torching time possible! Also, Deb will have a drawing at the end of the two day class for all demo beads she makes in class so each student will go home with one of her demos! For true beginners, I am offering a 5 hour "prep" class the month before (taught by me) with two times available (pick one) Jan 16 or Jan 30. The prep class is $50 for those who are signed up for Deb's class.
I took Deb's soft glass sculpture class in Orlando 5 years ago and I loved it. I can say HANDS DOWN she is the BEST lampwork teacher I have EVER studied with (and I've taken a lot of classes!). What makes Deb such a wonderful teacher is her enthusiasm and her amazing glass knowledge that she FILLS YOUR HEAD with during class. She never stops talking the whole class telling you about glass reactions, temperature control, how to move the glass best, how to fix common mistakes, etc. My head was bursting with info I couldn't WAIT to put into practice after class. I was so stoked after day one I could barely wait for day two.
Come spend Valentine's day with Deb Crowley and Dr. Meow on the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida. Febuary is nice and cool here and hotel stays are cheap since it is "off season". The white sand and emerald green waters in my locale are just a side bonus to this great class!
Email me for signup: dvmeow@aol.com
Zip code for Mapquest if you are wondering where I am is 32547, near Destin Florida!
Looking forward to it already Deb!!! Wahoo!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Carlisle Mini CC, Lucio Burner and Hellcat, on tank oxygen
Old 2009-11-02, 6:10am
Bitten by the travel bug

What an awesome class that will be!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-02, 5:27pm

Oh yeah, I'm not too shabby a teacher either, and the class I will be teaching on Jan 16 and 30th are also open to people not taking Deb's class in Febuary. It will be a 12-6 pm class on going from a beginner to an intermediate beader. We will be focusing on shaping, good bead ends, good stringer control, all that nit picky stuff that really defines the Men/women from the boys/girls. It will be a good class for those interested in taking their lampwork to the next level and refining your skills. The class is $100 for those not taking Deb's Febuary class, and $50 for those taking Deb's Febuary class. More questions??? email me! dvmeow@aol.com

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Old 2009-11-10, 3:20pm

Hi Doretha, Man I wish I could make this... Deb ROCKS! Yall are gonna have a blast for sure...

" When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!"

-- Thomas Jefferson--
Old 2009-11-10, 3:40pm

I wish you could make it too, I had so much fun meeting you at Glass Stock! But then, you don't need any more classes, you rock too!

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Old 2009-11-10, 9:44pm
Angel's Mom

Deb and Doretha are both excellent teachers! I took classes from both of them at Glass Stock and learned so much from these generous women. Highly recommended!
Old 2009-11-18, 1:44pm

THANKS for the votes of confidence!!!!
I wanted to mention that I am only 5-10 minutes away from our airport, which is the Northwest Florida Regional Airport and the airport code is VPS for Valparaiso. We will be glad to pick people up and do some ferrying around if we need to! Also, there are several inexpensive hotels such as a Fairfield my Marriot and a Laquinta within 5 minutes of my house. Just saying!
Oh yeah, another fabulous idea, ask for THIS LAMPWORK CLASS for your Christmas present from someone special!!!!
Hehehehehehe Doretha

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Old 2009-12-04, 9:12pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Doretha, Kipper and Kris! We are going to have a blast! Can't wait for some Florida sun too!
BIG hugs, deb

Old 2009-12-25, 3:01pm

Default We're adding a day!!!!!

Hey everyone, by popular request we are adding another day of teaching to Deb's visit to Florida! She will be teaching BLOWN BORO SEASHELLS on Monday Feb. 15 as an all day class! Yippee! Guess who is first in line for this one, ME ME ME !! The class fee is $250 if you are already signed up for her Soft Glass Sculptural Bead class the previous two days, or $300 if you want to take the one day Blown Boro Seashell class by itself. Wow am I ever excited!!! Come down to sunny Florida for these classes, it's going to ROCK!!!

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Old 2010-01-22, 10:58am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey Doc! Glad your class went so well and they are raring to go when I get there

There is one more class with the Doc for anyone who wants a little boost and or practice before my classes next month. She is an incredible instructor and the classes she is teaching are a super deal and way fun! You don't have to take my classes to take hers...her last one was full and they all had a blast!

There is one more spot for my 2 day sculpture class and also my INT shell class, a one day boro class. It would help a lot if you had some boro experience but I have had some with no boro meltage (lol) at all do just great in the shell class. It is a great way to break into tubing with less fear and come out with some beautiful pieces!

I can't wait to see you, meet some new folks and have a blast! The sunny, warm beach part is a huge plus!

deb