Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-08-02, 6:16pm

Default Lost my lampwork Mojo

My torch was in repair for 2 months, spent 3 weeks at classes, then vacation and too top it off I have a very sick aging kitty; my sweet Bootsie.
I haven't touched my torch sense March. It's back but not set up; I just don't have any drive to get torching again.
Does anyone have any ideas to get me modivated or as far as that to even care about it. I am just floundering.

Sue and her lovely Miss Bootsie
Old 2012-08-02, 6:43pm

Thats happened to me twice. The first time a friend lent me the Corina book and I worked through it page by page.
Last year after a move and having to set up in a new space that was physically uncomfortable I lost it again. All the beads I tried to make sucked too. Then a different friend did a demo and gave me some tips to practice and then I was off again.
I am moving to a new place in 10 days and am worried I might loose it again. So I have promised people stuff to force me to get the jobs done. Hope that works.
In the meantime be gentle with your self. Maybe you just need a rest sounds like you have been busy.
Old 2012-08-02, 9:12pm
Senior Moment

One of my kitties is also severely ill; I understand the stress and you have my sympathies.

Your muse may be on vacation, or she may want to do other things. Why not take do something else creative for a bit? Or, if you haven't already, reorganize your workspace. Handling the glass and tools may kick start some ideas and get your mojo back where it belongs. Maybe pick a new style/bead that you wouldn't normally do and try it. But whatever you do, don't beat yourself over the head; it only makes it harder to get out of a slump.

HTH
Alli

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2012-08-03, 3:10am
Cherine Perrin Glass

So sorry about your sick kitty Sue. For me when I have lost my mojo, I just start making simple disc beads. After about 20 of those my mind starts to wander and I start thinking of color combinations and am ready to start making real beads.
Good luck to you and Miss Bootsie

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2012-08-03, 10:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangell View Post
Does anyone have any ideas to get me modivated or as far as that to even care about it. I am just floundering.Sue and her lovely Miss Bootsie
How about just watching some youtube videos of people actually lampworking. Maybe you will see something there as a challenge and get the flame bug stirring again as you attempt to recreate what you have watched.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:13am

perhaps if you focused your love and concerns for Bootsie into figuring out how to make beads that would best represent those feelings it would inspire you to light the torch

#C-151
Old 2012-08-03, 10:58am
Wyoming Silvers

Talking

I get "recharged" by visiting my sister..a a fellow lampworker. I love springing ideas off of her,, when we see each other is also very inspirational, seeing her beads and ideas come to life. We live a thousand miles apart, it keeps us close and a common interest. I would suggest getting together with a good lampworker to get your mojo back!

Lovin my Lynx with M20
Old 2012-08-03, 2:32pm

I go through lulls in my creativity too sometimes and it helps me to go back through old photos of beads I've done in the past. I'm usually surprised how I have forgotten about some designs I used to love to make and that sparks renewed creativity to try to put a new spin on them.

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials
Old 2012-08-03, 4:13pm
Loving learning

I'm so sorry Bootsie has been poorly.
For the lampwork, maybe work on something for any exchanges you are signed up for even if you have lots of time, or end up doing them again later? Maybe that would give you focus and once you begin melting it may lead to more enthusiasm.
Old 2012-08-03, 5:03pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Oh Sue, not Bootsie. I'm so sorry she's sick.

Maybe you're not motivated because you're sad about your kitty. I know when one of my pets is sick I'm useless at the torch.

Just take some time to love Bootsie and don't pressure yourself. Your muse will come back. When you are ready to start again you should do some froggies. I have the froggie you did for me in the 'you pick' exchange and he watches over me while I work.

Old 2012-08-04, 5:00pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Oh no! I've just found this thread.
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about Bootsie. I hope she's on the mend
Sending lots of chicken soup vibes to both you and your muse..

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-08-04, 6:48pm

Oh, poor Sue! I feel so bad for you, we all know how special Bootsie is to you! I like what Baywinger says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywinger View Post
perhaps if you focused your love and concerns for Bootsie into figuring out how to make beads that would best represent those feelings it would inspire you to light the torch

Old 2012-08-04, 10:17pm

Sue, sending gentle hugs for you and healing thoughts for Bootsie. Sometimes I just take a break and wait for the muse to come back, sometimes when uninspired I just go to the torch and work on basics or work through a tutorial.

Nikki

Old 2012-08-06, 4:48pm

Default Took the first steps

Took the first step yesterday' we had a very need rainy day, we got 1.71" so I went down and hooked my torch up and started to work.
Felt pretty comfortable, of course all of the class work at bead and button was nill, but I will get there.
Didn't do much today because my sweet little old Bootsie is shadowing me; and she is much more important. I have attached a picture of her helping me type this note.
Thanks all to all of your encorageing messages.
Sue
Old 2012-08-06, 4:49pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Awwww Hello Bootsie How old is she, Sue?

SRA# P107
Old 2012-08-07, 5:35am

Default Thanks Essie

Quote:
Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
Awwww Hello Bootsie How old is she, Sue?
Bootsie is 15, I know she is getting older but this change seemed so sudden. Maybe it was just me in denial. Thank you very much for asking, spent some time on the torch last night.
Old 2012-08-07, 1:30pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Awww you're welcome, Luvvy. Hope you got some fun in that session then, Sue. Maybe it's time to get that Bootsie necklace finished? How's that for inspiration

SRA# P107