Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-09-15, 9:54am
HotFlash Designs

Thumbs up Soda Lime Times Murrini Issue

AWESOME!!!!! (October 2013)

It's so FULL of wonderful information!!!!

Love my SLT subscription!!!

Great job as usual!!

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2013-09-15, 10:49am
I'm kinda biz-EE

It is, it's a fantastic issue, I already tore through mine. I can't wait to get out to the torch tonight!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-19, 6:16am
BabblingBeads

Awesome as usual. Can't wait to try some things out!
Old 2013-09-19, 8:44am
Queen Bee

Diane, you did it again. How lucky we are that you publish such an awesome newsletter each month. I just can't wait every month anticipating the next new issue.

Idea - If you were to start a new newsletter on boro, I would snatch it up in a heart beat. Something for beads and small sculpture would be awesome! Please consider it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-09-19, 9:54am

Thanks everyone for your kind words. The murrini issue was a blast to produce and I loved every second I worked on it. As far as a boro magazine goes, I haven't thought about it since I know virtually nothing about it, and there are already two wonderful boro magazines (The Flow and Glass Line), but I will definitely consider doing a special edition that includes some boro projects. Let me noodle it and see where it leads.

We are also planning on having a boro tutorial every three months or so, something that can be done on the type of torch that most soft glass artists use. We don't want anyone to have to go out and purchase a huge torch to do any project in our magazine. Our whole philosophy is that the projects in the magazine should be doable.

Thanks again for the wonderful ideas. I get some of my best inspiration this way!

Old 2013-09-19, 8:29pm

I was happy and honored to see the beads that you featured this month using my boro frit blend, Hippie Chick. I LOVE the idea of some boro tutorials and projects that can be done by soft glass artists without them having to spend a fortune on glass, tools, torches, etc! Beautiful issue Diane!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2013-09-20, 7:18am

Thanks Angela, I love that frit! I think it's time for me to do a little shopping in your Etsy store. After trying Nicole's tutorial I just loved making those little beads. What a fun way to dip your toe into the boro pond!

Old 2013-09-23, 4:13pm

You should see the murrini I made...although I do give credit to Christi Modesti's tutorial on murrini....John's eye murrini were fun as well. I'll share pics when I can
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.