LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Old 2008-03-08, 9:00pm
Damn Yankee!

Default Froggie Video

I have been hooked on You Tube lately, so I decided to try my hand at making a video of my own, so I made a video of me making one of my froggie beads! I hope ya like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT_0yHVC_1M

Samantha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-08, 9:16pm

Wonderful! Just love the little froggy "butt"! I like the way you hold the mandrel up so we can see what you've done as you go along. Your technique is so different than the way I've been trying to do it. I've been putting the feet on first and then the body. I have trouble keeping it all warm and the feet keep popping off!

Very nice video!
Old 2008-03-08, 9:40pm
honorary bead lady

Cool...
Is you "studio" in your closet? LOL
Old 2008-03-08, 9:54pm
Damn Yankee!

LOL! Yes David technically my studio is in my closet, which is also my sons bedroom! Poor kid has no privacy! My bedroom is in the loft and just off that is the "closet" it's about 14 feet by 24 feet and it has a rod that holds clothes that runs about half of it. It's kind of a strange house that really only has one bedroom. I will see if I can get a pic to post it.

Samantha

Old 2008-03-08, 10:04pm
Damn Yankee!

This is what it looks like inside my "closet" One side is mine and the other is my 17 year old sons. Im sure he would kill me for showing his messy side!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-08, 10:06pm

Thanks for sharing Samantha. I just love your frogs.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2008-03-08, 10:10pm
Damn Yankee!

Thanks Patty!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-08, 10:22pm

i thought your video was very interesting. some of us don't have chances to go to classes and this is a good way for me to actually see someone almost in person. i learn so much better watching then reading. the pictures were a little blurry but i could still get something out of watching. i would love to see you work on the base bead with the flowers or making the stringer you decorated the base bead with.
thanks
karen m
Old 2008-03-08, 10:29pm

That wee froggie has a very cute bum!! Thanks for the link.

Old 2008-03-08, 10:50pm

Great tutorial Samantha... and your froggie is very darn cute

Old 2008-03-08, 11:04pm

Great tut, the frog is sweet, and the tunes were a pleasure.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-03-08, 11:39pm
Damn Yankee!

Thanks guys!

Karen, maybe in the future I will do another video making the floral bead and the vine cane. The video thing is still a little new to me but I will keep trying.

CC2, sorry you didnt like the music, I rather enjoy it.

Samantha

Old 2008-03-09, 12:03am
I speak Murrini!

Default You've "found" that lovin' feeling...

Samantha:

We'd LOVE YOU TO DO THE "BASE BEAD" VIDEO!!! And I say "You're doing us this great service by sharing", so play whatever the Hell you like!!! Isn't that what the "Volume" and "Mute" buttons are for! (Giggle!)

It's actually been forever since I heard that song...still cool, in my book!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-03-09, 12:30am
Finding Sanity with Glass

Thank you for posting this!! I could have never sat quietly and made the bead with the music playing... you must be very strong to resist singing!! I would have been singing away... in fact, I was as I watched the clip!!! Cute little froggy!!!
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-03-09, 5:48am
It's all good.

Very cool, thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I'll have to try that way, after I dig out of this snow. LOL! My frogs need work... if they ever turn out half as cute as yours I'd be thrilled!!

Thanks again!

Old 2008-03-09, 6:05am
Gimme that silver glass!

Great video, gonna try it right away !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-03-09, 6:34am
Certified Yoga Teacher

Great demonstration! I like the music, must be an age thing. Beautiful floral bead, too. You've really perfected both. Thanks for sharing!

Liz

Old 2008-03-09, 8:28am
Damn Yankee!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at my video and comment, I do appreciate it! Before I moved here to AL I used to watch TV in my studio while making beads, I dont have a TV in my "closet" yet so I am forced to listen to the radio, and yes normally I sing when I am making beads LOL! I had to refrain during the video...believe me when I say you would want to hear me belting out "you've lost that loving feeling" LOL!!!
I hope I can do more videos in the future, I will post them here if I do =)

Samantha

Old 2008-03-09, 8:33am
Gimme that silver glass!

Like I said, I tried it: it's in the kiln and I loved doing it, great video!!!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-03-09, 8:36am
Damn Yankee!

That's awesome Troll Lover, you will have to post pictures when it comes out of the kiln so we can see! Glad you liked the video = )

Samantha

Old 2008-03-09, 8:38am
Molten Memories

And a star is born........a cute little froggie! Thanks so much for doing this video. I'm "financially challenged" and can't take advantage of the wonderful classes that are available and these videos are the next best thing.

(Also enjoyed the music!)

Thanks,
Jeanie

Old 2008-03-09, 8:42am
Gimme that silver glass!

I'll take a pic when it's out Samantha, I'll show you . It was fun to make.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-03-09, 8:52am
hot&shiny

I'm a newbie and thought your video rocked! I didn't think It was that blurry based on all the other ones out there. Great job, please show us some more.

Deana
Old 2008-03-09, 9:11am
Burning Fingers!

That was great Samantha - thanks so much for sharing your cute froggie with us.
(That tune is now firmly stuck in my head for the rest of the day)

/
/
/

Old 2008-03-09, 10:03am
pamtees

That is a great tutorial Samantha! I enjoyed the music as I'm sure you do while making your adorable little frogs! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and the "blue" in that suit/dress hanging in your closet is very pretty. Do they make that in glass!
Old 2008-03-09, 10:26am

Thank you Samantha, for a wonderful tutorial. I've been wanting to try frogs but just couldn't seem to wrap my head around the steps...this is so very helpful!!!!! I'll be trying it out today...with my radio blaring!!!!

Suzanne
Old 2008-03-09, 10:54am
Damn Yankee!

Suzanne, share your froggie when your done, I would love to see it =)

Samantha

Old 2008-03-09, 11:25am
SandyQ

That was awsome. Loved the tunes too. I don't know if my memory will serve me well, but I think I'll attempt to try this You all should see me when I am at the torch. I got my IPOD hooked up and my hub is usually in the garage with me tinkering around while I torch and he has his radio on in the garage and I have my IPOD going and I sing what I hear and it drives him BZERK! lol. - and I know 100% that my singing voice sucks TERRIBLY LOL. He said he is so sorry he got me that for Christmas LOL. I told him that was the best gift he has EVER gotten me. I use it ALL the time
Old 2008-03-09, 12:10pm

Great Tut on making a frog! What size rods do you use? I started making frogs from Corina's book, and like others said, the feet snap off. Good to see other ways of making frogs. I use different size stringers but your's looked like 7-8mm's. That takes alot of control to use large rods.
Yes please make the floral bead tut!
Teena
Old 2008-03-09, 12:26pm
Damn Yankee!

Thanks Sandy and Teena!

Teena, I am using regular sized rods for the hiney and head and regular sized stringer for the legs. I hate to pull stringer, even though I do all the time. I find it more difficult to work smaller then I do larger, but everyone is different.
I will try and do a floral tut...but I gotta tell ya, mine arent that great.

Samantha