Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-11-09, 5:11am
it is what it is......

ruth...i wanna come! will you hold me a place please????????
thanks!
judi
also what town are you in? i would like to look for a motel. thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-09, 9:04am
In spite of it all!

Hi Judi! It would be great to have you here!

Bend Oregon is where we are at this year.

We will be announcing the details in about a week for camp. That will be the time when you can send your deposit for your spot at camp. Hope that works for you time wise.

Hugs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-12-08, 8:07am

Just checking in. Hope Michelle and I are still on the list. I have been to busy to keep up with LE lately. Toodles Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2009-12-10, 5:05pm
In spite of it all!

We are still working on details of the camp. We hope to make an official announcement soon.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-12-11, 6:35pm
In spite of it all!

We are talking about simplifying this first camp to accommodate the folks that really want to come but need the costs lower so it is affordable to come. Though we can't change the costs of travel and the like we will be doing our best to have this first glass camp fun, informative, easy to attend all demos and best of all have the costs lower then any other event (if possible) in current day history.

No one is trying to undercut anyone else who is having events and we want everyone to know that we encourage taking classes and attending all the events possible that are put on by the various groups. Learning should be a pleasure as well as fun and informative. No matter where one gets their knowledge it is always great to learn and share new things.

Old 2009-12-11, 7:50pm

Waving at Ruf!!!!

Old 2009-12-11, 10:37pm
In spite of it all!

Waving back at my swee-tea-est friend Leslie!

Anyone that wants to be on the list please email me at r.nichols @ mail.com (no spaces)

I will put you on the running list and then send out announcements of teachers, and all the rest soon.

We are also talking about a new camp name as I have had many folks (respectfully) tell me they did not like the other one. No problem cause I am all about the teaching and learning... not the silliness so much. So, if you have any ideas for a new camp name go right ahead and post them here.

Stay tuned or check here for more info as we have it available. June will come quick!

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-12-13 at 7:00pm.
Old 2009-12-12, 6:12am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

I personally liked Camp Run Amuck best but it doesn't imply glassy goodness. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Nichols View Post
Waving back at my swee-tea-est friend Leslie!

Anyone that wants to be on the list please email me at RuthNichols @ mail.com (no spaces)

I will put you on the running list and then send out announcements of teachers, and all the rest soon.

We are also talking about a new camp name as I have had many folks (respectfully) tell me they did not like the other one. No problem cause I am all about the teaching and learning... not the silliness so much. So, if you have any ideas for a new camp name go right ahead and post them here.

Stay tuned or check here for more info as we have it available. June will come quick!

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-12-12, 10:27am
Critter Mom

Nothing against CRAM, but it really would be nice to have a name that puts visions of a glass rondevu in your head.

Old 2009-12-12, 10:48am
In spite of it all!

Now there is a plan! Whatchu got?

Old 2009-12-12, 11:18am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Melt on the Mountain (fire on the mountain is a name of a local concernt but that's a good one)

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-12-12, 11:38am
In spite of it all!

lol.. I like the direction that could take it! Say more. We are in teh High Desert of Central Oregon.... lol... I hear that on the radio a gazillion times a day.. so it must be true. Wonder if that would make a difference in what works.... My first inclination would be to want something that fits the area AND fits everyone coming a close 2nd. Maybe I should run a name that camp contest? lol

Old 2009-12-12, 12:23pm
Critter Mom

A "name that camp" contest sounds great ! I'm gonna have to come up with an entry.

Old 2009-12-12, 3:59pm
In spite of it all!

Wanna head that up Bonnie? Maybe post it in the family room? What should we give as a prize?

Old 2009-12-12, 8:53pm
Critter Mom

Sure, I'd be happy to post the information for the contest. What would you like to award the winner ??? Should it be glass...or maybe a subscription...a bead or pendant...or a discount on something at the event ???

Old 2009-12-12, 9:48pm
In spite of it all!

I'll cover a subscription for one year Flow Magazine or an equal value of glass. Winner picks the COE, I pick the type and who from with a wish list from the winner. We can keep it simple and you can cook up the few details as to how to post for suggestions and a chance to win. OK? Would that work? I am ok with just about any details you can think of... just toss em out and we will talk about it some more. I may even want to award a second winner... you know a runner up thing. Winner does not need to be at camp to collect the winnings.

Old 2009-12-12, 10:00pm

We could even pick a top 3 or 4 and then have a poll

Old 2009-12-12, 10:32pm
In spite of it all!

That may work too.

Hi Lori!

Old 2009-12-13, 12:02am
Critter Mom

Sounds good to me.

Old 2009-12-13, 10:13am
In spite of it all!

Good! Let's do it! Family room will prolly be best.. maybe?

Old 2009-12-13, 7:05pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelique_redhead View Post
I personally liked Camp Run Amuck best but it doesn't imply glassy goodness. Angelique
Me too... but I want to try and make it so most folks are comfy with it. Oh, had to change the email address that I first had.. I couldn't get signed in and they never got back to me. So, the new email address is r.nighols @ mail.com The best way to get on the list for glass camp is to send me an email with the words GLASS CAMPERS in the subject line.

Old 2009-12-13, 8:49pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Unhappy

Even when I take the spaces out of that email address it's not working for me. Angelique

Quote:
Me too... but I want to try and make it so most folks are comfy with it. Oh, had to change the email address that I first had.. I couldn't get signed in and they never got back to me. So, the new email address is r.nighols @ mail.com The best way to get on the list for glass camp is to send me an email with the words GLASS CAMPERS in the subject line.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-12-13, 9:26pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

I think Ruth mistyped her last name!

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-12-13, 10:11pm
In spite of it all!

lol... oh... lol.. yup... that is exactly what I did! r.nichols @ mail.com should work. lol

Old 2009-12-13, 10:25pm
In spite of it all!

Got your name on the list Angelique!

Old 2009-12-13, 10:31pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Thanks! Angelique

Quote:
Got your name on the list Angelique!

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Old 2009-12-28, 10:26am
Larissa Spafford Designs

I just sent you an e mail Ruth.

I want to come!!!!! I'd be pretty crazy not to as I live in Bend. I know another beadmaker here who may be interested. I'll tell him about it too.

Larissa

Old 2009-12-28, 10:36am
In spite of it all!

It would be great to have you here Larissa! I love having neighbors that are glassy peeps! It's so different then when I lived in Alaska. lol Seemed like there was no one else on Ketchikan island that made beads.

Are you thinking of Mark McCourt as the other Bend artist? Who ever may be interested... have then shoot me an email to that email email address. The more the merrier!

This will be a blast!

Old 2009-12-28, 10:49am
Larissa Spafford Designs

The person I'm thinking of is Dan Feitler. He had a booth at the Saturday Market here in Bend. I sent him an e mail with your e mail address.

Old 2009-12-28, 11:00am
In spite of it all!

(((((Larissa))))) Thank you!