Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-25, 9:16am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default I need some ASK experts for identification ...

Is this passionate pink? I have it marked as such, but I want to be sure before I post it on the website (for the raffles).

Thanks!!

Old 2008-09-25, 9:21am
Crunchy ol' Momma

If anyone knows pink, it would be you Kandice.
Old 2008-09-25, 9:43am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Thanks Kandice!
Old 2008-09-25, 9:45am
Normal is Boring!!

Absolutely it is! Those big fat rods- I still have one left!

PS I love how youmark your rods- Is that just a sharpie?? Clever my friend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2008-09-25, 9:54am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Yep, it's just a sharpie. I use a silver sharpie on the darker rods (like black and such). It makes it a lot easier since I don't have to worry about rubber bands, tape, labels, etc., etc. Plus, when I get down to the shorts, the glass is already labelled, so I know what I'm running out of.

Hope to help!
Old 2008-09-25, 10:29am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

definetly passionate pink

Old 2008-09-25, 11:15am

OH DROOL!!!
(I got a 2" short of that as a gifty back when it came out...omg, I that glass!!!)
I can't believe you're gonna raffle that off!!
drool, drool, drool, drool, drool!!!

(I use sharpie on my rods too...never thought of silver for the dark rods...duh! I need to get me one of those! I use purple on the lighter rods )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-09-25, 11:17am
Scientific Glass Girl

for sure it is. it is going for a really high amount now!

Old 2008-09-25, 11:25am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Well, it's posted in the raffles now for whoever's interested. I'm not playing with it (I'm too scared), so it might as well go to a home where it will be used and loved.
Old 2008-09-25, 7:03pm

Ummm... What raffles? Sorry! Haven't been here much.

(Been actually wanting to post a very depressing, ranting, upset, rambling, just plain "lost" thread but haven't even done that. Not up to it? Or just don't have the friggin time?!?!) So I've been avoiding this place a little.)

Wow. Sorry. I SO shouldn't have posted that but can't bring myself to delete it. A bit of therapy I guess. Anyway, not hijacking!! Don't really want to discuss anything right this minute. Just wondering about the raffles. and apparently I need to stop posting, LOL!

ARGH! Ok. Done. Thanks!

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2008-09-25, 10:30pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

(((hugs ))) Kimberley.
Go ahead, post that very depressing, ranting, upset, rambling, just plain "lost" thread you'll be amazed what people can do for you to help, and it might make you feel better

Suzanne

Old 2008-09-26, 5:46am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Kimberly - I sent you a PM!
Old 2008-09-26, 7:38am
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
Looks like I am the only person so far who has bought a raffle ticket for this - come on you guys, don't let me win that easily!!

http://www.burntfingers.net/catalog....Fcategory%3D15
I bought one and a few others also. It isn't much but I hope it helps in some way.

Old 2008-09-26, 7:53am
Crunchy ol' Momma

I also want to give a special shout out to Nikki, who contacted me last night and gifted the raffles with two of her fabulous beads (an alien and a sheep) that the winner will get to choose the color scheme for. Here's a link to the raffle page, Nikki's beads are the first two posted: Raffles

Thanks again everyone - I really appreciate it!

I had another thought too ... some people have sent me PMs stating that they can't participate in the raffles, but wanted to let Trevor know that they were thinking of him ... if you can, please send him a post card from your area - he has a map hanging up in his room and he could put a thumb tack from every area that he received a postcard from. It gives him something visual to look at whenever he thinks about all the people out there that care about him. If you want to send one, just PM me and I'll give you our address.

Thanks!!
Old 2008-09-26, 8:08am
Crunchy ol' Momma

And yes, I was wrong - Shawn was the first to buy a passionate pink raffle ticket (I thought it was Kandice), but Shawn's ticket was hiding behind the Ziploc logo in the bag. Oops. Now Shawn's ticket has Kandice's ticket to keep it company.

Sorry about that.
Old 2008-09-26, 4:54pm

PM me, eh? I tried to leave a message on yr site, but got an error. ♥

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2008-09-26, 6:45pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntfingers View Post
And yes, I was wrong - Shawn was the first to buy a passionate pink raffle ticket (I thought it was Kandice), but Shawn's ticket was hiding behind the Ziploc logo in the bag. Oops. Now Shawn's ticket has Kandice's ticket to keep it company.

Sorry about that.
I couldn't be in better company.

At Kandice.

I can't believe people are going to let us two get away with this that easy.

Old 2008-09-27, 5:35pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Kandice and Shawn now have company for the Passionate Pink.

Here's the update:

All of the tickets for Ginny's bracelet have been purchased - so Trevor is going to draw the name of the winner before he goes to bed (in about 20 minutes).

The "Denim Dreams" bracelet by Liz DeLuca will be ending tomorrow night (Sunday) at 10:30 ... there are still 11 tickets available for that. Seriously, there are only 5 tickets in the bag for that one ...

The Maria Grimes tray and spreader set has only ONE ticket in the bag!?! OMG! That's an easy win for someone.

So, that's my update. Oh, and I also heard from Helen (who made the gorgeous rose ring that was raffled) ... she's going to donate some Amber Rose for the raffles too. Be on the lookout for that. Yay Helen!
Old 2008-09-28, 7:15pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Okay ... another 15 minutes and the winner for Liz's bracelet will be chosen. There's still lots of tickets available if anyone's interested in a last minute chance.