Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-10-06, 6:05am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default How do you price your loose beads?

I had posted this in the family room, but I guess it really belongs here.

Anyway, I was wondering how you price your loose beads - not actual prices, but how do you get the prices on them? In particular, focals. Do you just put a sticker on them? What if the bead has an irregular shape and you can put a sticker on it?

I was thinking about writing directly onto the beads with a Sharpie marker, then bringing alcohol pads to wipe off the writing when the bead sells ... does that sound like a hokey thing to do? I'm so confused.

This is obviously my first "show", which is just a little craft show in a local hospital - nothing fancy - as the tables are only $10. I figured it was good practice for bigger things down the road.

Any advice, suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2008-10-06, 9:05am

When I sold at a consignment shop, I used cardstock, made cards with my logo and contact info, and used jewelry wire to hold the beads in the center (2 holes punched...) then I had a sticker with the price on them, so it could be removed for inventory purposes and the card could still be a good presentation. Plus it was more difficult for them to creep out of the store without noticing that way, a bigger package...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-06, 11:57am
Carpe Beadum

I use trays, and group all my beads of the same price together. So I have a $10 tray (where each bead is $10), a $15 tray, and so on. It's the most efficient way I've found. I just need to make sure that every bead goes back correctly if it's not sold.

How are you displaying your beads for this show?

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2008-10-06, 2:38pm
the Evil One

I put a dot of white out by the mandrel hole and put the price on that. Don't do it on etched beads, it won't come off.

Old 2008-10-07, 8:46am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Us View Post
I put a dot of white out by the mandrel hole and put the price on that. Don't do it on etched beads, it won't come off.
Nail polish remover will take it off...
Old 2008-10-25, 12:29pm
Renee

White out pen- works great!

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2008-10-25, 1:08pm

I use a whit out pen also.
Geneva
Old 2008-10-25, 5:53pm
Ghost Town Glass

I tried the white out, but found it came off really fast. Maybe the beads need to be wiped first or it is just that our stuff got handled so much. DH makes very cool creatures that people like to fiddle with while trying to choose.

I ran thin wire through the hole, twisted together both ends and put a price tag over it. That way I could put them out loose and on the display. I also do the trays by value as well. The only problem I had with that was people forgetting where they go it and my helper forgetting what the bead would be. But a bit of education for her fixed that.

I like the idea of the contact info for the focals and bigger more intricate beads. My inventory control totally failed this last show and I had 3 artists stuff on the table. I am doing tags and removing them into the book now!

Last edited by Janine; 2008-10-25 at 5:55pm.
Old 2008-10-31, 6:01pm

string with price tag through hole
Old 2008-11-01, 7:29pm

I put fishing line through the hole and a barbell tag hanging on that.

Old 2008-11-02, 2:32pm
Floral Obsessed

We've started putting ours on cards with loosely twisted soft wire, so people can take them off and request custom finishing or just have a closer look. This is how we display our finished jewellery too so it works well with our displays.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons