No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-09-04, 8:44am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default I need help with pricing ...

I haven't torched in a couple of years now, and I have some glass here that I just have no idea what it's worth. I'd like to sell it all together, but I don't know how feasible it would be. Can you guys help me?

Here's what I have:

265 odd lot bubblegum pink, this is a nice dark pink that stays pink. I've probably got a pound of it, if I had to guess (there's 13 rods in various thicknesses and lengths).

1 thick rod of 791460 Yellow Ocher (it's what the sticker says, I believe it's a Vetrofond color??)

3 rods of 272 Violet ... I loved this one with raku on top.

6 rods of CIM Khaki

9 rods of 082-A, the newer version of Amber Rose.

13 rods of a color labeled "Flamingo Pink"

17 rods of Double Helix glass, an assortment of several colors. There's even 2 rods of the original Terra in it, 1's been used.

3 rods of the original Pineapple Sparkle - the one without the white streak in the middle.

4 rods of Iris Gold.

9 rods of CIM Bordello

23 rods of Vetrofond Poppy

10 rods of the original Tequilla Sunrise coral.

6 rods of odd lot Key Lime Green (Vetrofond)

16 rods of really long of R4 Perfect Pink (From Rocio's Studio)

26 rods of really long of Rubino from Rocio's Studios (I forget what she had called this on her website, but it's the Rubino color that's not supposed to get gross).

and 14 rods of really long Diamond Clear from Rocio's Studio (1 rod was broken).

So ... any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated ... I have NO idea what any of this is worth, where I should list it for sale, etc., etc.

We're putting our house on the market, and since I don't have any lampwork equipment anyway, it'll probably be a REALLY long time before I find myself in front of a flame again. I'd just like to see this go to someone that would appreciate it.

Thanks!!
Old 2010-09-04, 8:59am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Should I just list on eBay (separately) with no reserves to see what happens?
Old 2010-09-04, 9:46am
Mr Brutus RIP

I dont' know what its worth but it all sounds wonderful and I bet you could definetly sell it here!! Sorry to hear your not lampworking anymore.
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-04, 9:53am

Pmed you
"

Old 2010-09-04, 10:06am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
I dont' know what its worth but it all sounds wonderful and I bet you could definetly sell it here!! Sorry to hear your not lampworking anymore.
sue
Hi Sue!

It's okay that I'm not doing it right now ... it doesn't mean that I never will again, it's just going to be a while before I have the opportunity. Like years. I haven't even been lurking on LE for a long time, because seeing everyone else's goodies was sort of heartbreaking, and now, I'm over it ... so that might be saying something!

I sent an email to Rocio to ask her about the glass that I bought from her. I hope she can help me. Other than that, I don't have much to go on for the other stuff.

I just want to clarify that I'm not looking to make tons of money on this, I just want to be sure that I'm getting what it's worth, and I'm not ripping anyone off either. You know what I mean? I want to make sure I'm asking fair-market value. The shipping alone might be a deal breaker, as all of it together is kinda heavy. It would be ideal if someone local wanted to come and pick it up - or meet me halfway to get it - I'd be willing to go about 50 miles for a decent price, I just don't know what a decent price is.
Old 2010-09-04, 11:44am
Formerly FishBulb

Geez, I don't know what a decent price would be either, but I'm drooling over here!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:37pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

I'm imagining that a LOT of people don't know what the price would be ... this thread has had a lot of views, but no answers.
Old 2010-09-04, 1:09pm

Sent a PM - don't know how you will decide whether to "LE garage sale" it, go ebay, or split it up. Some really great stuff that you have there!! But all of it together would probably be out of my price range, so just dreaming. . . . but maybe not for some of it.

Yvonne
Old 2010-09-04, 6:02pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Thanks to everyone that posted here (and to everyone that sent PM's). I think that I'm going to split the lot after all and do the eBay thing. The responses that I was getting privately were so varied, that it's hard to nail down the right price without hurting anyone's feelings.

So, to keep things fair and even, I'm just going to take pictures tomorrow and list each color on eBay. You can check it out tomorrow or Monday (burnt.fingers is my user id). I'll also post in the auctions section once they're listed.

Thanks for the help!
Old 2010-09-06, 12:34am
Unmedicated since '62

make sure you come back and put a link in for ebay

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-09-06, 3:39pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Here's the link: burnt.fingers auctions