LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-12, 7:25pm

I love the standard crunch press - I started with the dual and found I used the larger size more, so I changed... (Yay garage sale!) If I don't use it every torch session, I pet it so it knows I didn't forget about it.

Crunch press:

Spiral texture plate, also pretty cool:

Off to check out the new tools.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-08-12, 9:55pm
One Crazy Mama

standard crunch:

Old 2008-08-13, 6:55am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Well, since I use the button presse practically every day, I guess that one is my all time favorite. But the puffy pillow comes a close second and even though I have yet to get a tabulator, it is on my favorites list. I commender Angie's every time I go visit her.

Now off to check out this marver Shawn has fallen in love with.

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by ChaseDesigns; 2008-08-13 at 7:13am.
Old 2008-08-13, 6:57am
Formerly Travelin'gal

drool, look at that sleek pillow focal!

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by ChaseDesigns; 2008-08-13 at 7:00am.
Old 2008-08-13, 6:59am
Fire Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybeads View Post
Which size crunch do you have? I'm so confused as to what size to buy. It's hard not being able to see it in person!

pictures anyone??
I have most of the sizes. I use the standard long crunch the most.

Old 2008-08-13, 7:00am
Fire Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin'gal View Post
drool, look at that seek pillow!

Catt is killing me!!

I really want the marver. It looks magnificent!

Last edited by paintingwithglass; 2008-08-13 at 7:04am.
Old 2008-08-13, 7:01am
Formerly Travelin'gal

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by ChaseDesigns; 2008-08-13 at 7:05am.
Old 2008-08-13, 7:02am
Fire Diva

and the grooved marver....I already have designs for it!!

Old 2008-08-13, 7:03am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintingwithglass View Post
and the grooved marver....I already have designs for it!!
haha, I was just looking at that, thinking humm, what could I do with that?

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:04am
Fire Diva

Last edited by paintingwithglass; 2008-08-13 at 7:07am.
Old 2008-08-13, 7:05am
Formerly Travelin'gal

dang, now I want the grooved one too. hehe

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:06am
Fire Diva

See now you thought of lots of stuff to do with it too!!

double dang!!

Old 2008-08-13, 7:08am
Formerly Travelin'gal

I know...sigh. I might be able to afford a few things later this month. Shh, don't tell Greg. You don't think he'll notice a few new tools in the shop will he?

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:09am
Fire Diva

Na...you can slip them in.
I can't afford any right now either.

Old 2008-08-13, 7:12am
Surrounded by Trouble

Hide them and bring them out one at a time, he will never notice....after all he is a guy.

Now the angled maver he is gonna steal from you.
Good thing you take turns at the torch.

Old 2008-08-13, 7:15am
Run Free Sweet Boy

hm, what Ilike best is the awesome customer service..... but as for tools, The crunch and the 1 1/4 lentil and the gradualted lentil are my favs right now. I borrowed an awareness press from my guild and enjoyed that one too, as well as the marquis. I also have a tube shaper that gets used a lot.

I am not particularly a took junkie. So for me to buy a new tool and say I like it and use it is unusual.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-08-13, 7:15am
Fire Diva

You love it that much Shawn???

*sigh*

triple dang.

Old 2008-08-13, 7:16am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T View Post
Hide them and bring them out one at a time, he will never notice....after all he is a guy.

Now the angled maver he is gonna steal from you.
Good thing you take turns at the torch.
The presses I can hide in the back with the rest of the stash. He'll never notice, until he cleans the beads.

Marvers, well, It's hopeless, I might as well just come clean.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:16am
Fire Diva

Catt and Fred rock on customer service!!!!

Old 2008-08-13, 7:17am
Formerly Travelin'gal

I know I'll time it for when his friend comes to visit later this month, then he'll be distracted.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:18am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Catt and Fred rock on customer service!!!!
Definitely!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 7:18am
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
You love it that much Shawn???

*sigh*

triple dang.
I love it so much I have TWO!

<Insert evil grin>

Old 2008-08-13, 7:22am
Fire Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T View Post
I love it so much I have TWO!

<Insert evil grin>
Oh maaaaannnnnnn! I need to make some $$$ so I can have one!

I am peagreen with envy Shawn!

quadruple dang!!

Old 2008-08-13, 7:22am
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
hm, what Ilike best is the awesome customer service

Candice

Right On!
Awesome Customer Service!

Old 2008-08-13, 7:32am
Fire Diva

Here are some crunched beads:

Old 2008-08-13, 8:21am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Those are gorgeous Fay.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-08-13, 8:57am
Valparaíso - Chile

I like them all. I have some, but I would buy all those.

Ana María
Old 2008-08-13, 5:42pm

My favorite is the Wide Crunch #3. I use it on almost every focal I make. I also use it as a marver.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-14, 8:56am
Enabler

I use my thick crunch as a marver a lot when I'm making barrel beads. It's tapered perfectly and a great way to ensure a uniform size.

Old 2013-10-27, 4:35pm

Hi can se some of you have the tube shaper, do you guys have eny beads to show befor i go at buy it ??? eny of you made at vessel with it ???

Regards Ann

my blog: