Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-04-13, 11:49am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default Pearly Ornela Glass - Where to find?

Does anyone know where to get the pearly Ornela glass?

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-13, 12:53pm

http://www.ornela.cz/en/index.html

I want some too!! I just saw two sets made with the stuff and I love it. Of course, I also love the czech shampoo glass too, but it has a funky coe.

Let me know if you find any, Tink, because I would love to get in on a buy.

Laurel

Old 2006-04-13, 12:56pm
I fart diamonds

It's Czech, so check with the guys at Check.

(now say that 5 times fast)

Old 2006-04-13, 10:10pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Also you might want to try www.ombos.net, this is a german site but Christiane is such a sweetheart and her english is excellent, you might want to concider trying there If you can't find it or need help otherwhise, just mail me or pm me

Suzanne

Old 2006-04-13, 10:13pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Cool Suzanne! I found it on her site. Can't read it, but I found it!
https://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?cat=KAT02

Also Available in

Old 2006-04-13, 10:29pm
traumaqueen

I mailed you

Old 2006-04-14, 3:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
Also you might want to try www.ombos.net, this is a german site but Christiane is such a sweetheart and her english is excellent, you might want to concider trying there If you can't find it or need help otherwhise, just mail me or pm me

Suzanne

Thank You!! I placed an order, and can't wait to see what this glass is like. I hope it melts nice and smooth like the czech shampoo that I've used.

Thank you, Suzanne!!

Old 2006-04-14, 10:59am

Oooooooh so pretty!! A Tink vessel in that glass would be droolworthy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Cool Suzanne! I found it on her site. Can't read it, but I found it!
https://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?cat=KAT02

Old 2006-04-14, 9:20pm

Default Translator for foreign language sites

There is a wonderful translator that will translate any foreign language site.

http://babel.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Just put in the link and tell it what language you want it to translate from and to. For instance I put in the above site and told it to translate from German to English. It misses some words but you can certainly get the gist. Try it, you will like it.

Sharon
Old 2006-04-15, 12:40am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Thanks again, Suzanne! Christiane responded to my email with lots of info. Looks like I'll be getting some as soon as I get a chance to pick some colors

Also Available in

Old 2006-04-15, 10:21am
traumaqueen

I can't wait to see what you come up with Tink, keep us posted!

Old 2006-04-15, 3:52pm

Suzanne, Could you send me the info as well? I can't understand that page

A.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
Old 2006-08-13, 7:47pm

Default Pearly Ornela |Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Does anyone know where to get the pearly Ornela glass?
We Were Just sent a set of 18" Pearly Ornela 104-110 coe glass rods to sample, they are funky stuff, going to play a while with this glass before we order. Still Debating. Monique

"Well Behaved Woman Rarely Make history"
Old 2006-08-14, 3:16pm
It's not easy being green

Hi Monique!

Can you maybe post some pictures of beads you've done with the samples? I'm having a hard time picturing what this pearly glass looks like. Just from the little pics on the ombos.net site, it looks really interesting!

Lonni
Old 2006-08-14, 11:24pm

If you overheat the glass it separates, the pearl sinks to the bottom and clear gets on top.
Changing of temperature on the surface will leave marks. If you marver or stamp the glas, after reintroducing to the flame, it will cook on the places where it touched and leave ugly traces on the bead.

This bead I only marvered slightly on a graphitepaddle and you can see the marks. The marks are rough.

I made some beads with the pearlglass for a webshop I made( http://www.sansiera.nl/shop/index.ph...&cPath=1_11_21 ). It is hard to get a descent photo of the glass, but the picures on the Ombos site are far better.

|