LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-01-11, 9:23am
Never give up

Thanks . I think Iam really lucky , he is a great kid. He has made so many nice pieces. The table that has all my stuff on is made by him. He even put wheels on it.I've been telling him he has a gift with wood and really wish he would use it. Maybe if you all help me push him, we might be able to get him to do it. HA!Ha!
Old 2009-01-15, 10:47am
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady View Post
Wow thats funny, I told him the same thing. He just laughed. He says I have to say that because Iam his mom. He is so funny, can't wait to show him your post. Thanks.
He has a little gold mine I'm sure just right here on this forum with selling them. Heck, I have the Creation Station and still can't get a comfortable fit. I've resorted to just pushing them out of my way. I'd disconnect it but my son seems to use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-15, 12:17pm
MacGalver

Cakelady, what material is the curved part where your arm lays? I agree, those arm rests look very cool!

Jo

p.s. Another great source for glass pressing tools is the antique/junk stores! Old kitchen tools, old workshop tools. The great thing about really old tools is they are more likely to be steel, and if they are plated, it's very easy to tell. I always root through the junk boxes at garage sales/flea markets as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2009-01-15 at 12:21pm.
Old 2009-01-15, 6:35pm
Never give up

I had to ask my son. HA HA! It is PVC pipe cut in half. Would have never guess it myself. He is so darn smart.
Old 2009-01-25, 2:21pm

How old is your son? Just curious - my youngest one did some really great things with wood in H.S. woodshop. I absolutely adore the armrests he made for you. I have a creation station too and hope to be able to use it when My work area is finally set up. I may come pestering you and your son!

All my best to you both ~
Old 2009-01-25, 9:19pm
Never give up

My son is a senior in HS. This is his last year. It's sad, he has grown up so fast. His dad taught him how to work with wood when he was really young. Now my husband says he has a talent for it, even better then his. Only problem is ,he is really shy. He thinks people are just being nice.
Old 2009-06-28, 5:49am

Awwwwww. He sounds so sweet!

Peggy
The Glass Chef
Old 2009-07-04, 12:31am

American Science & Surplus is a great place to find tools too. They have the most awesome (and weird) stuff you've ever seen at prices that are hard to beat.

I have three pairs of ten inch steel tweezers with really pointy tips, diamond files I use to clean out bead holes and round up rough edges, large curved and straight hemostats, and steel sculpting tools.
Old 2009-07-07, 5:52pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrow View Post
Oh I look everywhere. It's good excersise,up and down the isles. It doesn't matter if it is the dollar store or the pharmacy, I'm always on a hunt for the next perfect tool, or anything I can use in my "studio" space.
I got "The Perfect Tool!"

Isn't it fun to look for that one elusive glass tool? I still have the first tool I discovered to use with molten glass... a stainless steel oyster shucker! Have not used it in ages.... but still got it in the studio some place.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-07-07 at 5:59pm.
Old 2009-07-12, 2:07pm

Ruf, are you making the "PERFECT TOOL" to fit the cricket???

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-07-12, 2:12pm
In spite of it all!

I can check on that for you on Monday Luna.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey