LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-02-09, 11:19am
Mary Lockwood

Default Been meaning to ask...tutorial sellers- wanna trade?

I have tutorials.

You have tutorials.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. Seems silly for you to buy my tutorial and then I use the money to go buy your tutorial, or vise versa.

We could just trade.

If you wanna.

I'll trade any tutorial I have written for any tutorial you have written.

You know...if you wanna.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-09, 11:27am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

What a great idea! I sure wish I had one to trade with you!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-09, 11:35am

I would LOVE to have your Jellyfish Seascape tutorial if your interested in mine.

Old 2010-02-09, 11:48am
Mary Lockwood

Cool...I'm so glad you don't think I'm an idiot. LOL

I'll trade for sure- I'd love your keeper of the thicket.

My email is- mary[at]marylockwood[dot]com

You can pm me your email, or I'll just reply to the email you send me.

This is gonna be fun.
~~Mary

Old 2010-02-09, 11:58am
da General

I already have some of your tutorials, Mary, but will be happy to send you a Silver Exchange ebook if you are interested. SE4 is the latest one. Let me know!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-09, 12:05pm
Who me?

I haven't written any tutorials but I think this is a great thread - writers sharing with writers - WAY COOL!
Old 2010-02-09, 12:05pm

Great Mary, sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Cool...I'm so glad you don't think I'm an idiot. LOL

I'll trade for sure- I'd love your keeper of the thicket.

My email is- mary[at]marylockwood[dot]com

You can pm me your email, or I'll just reply to the email you send me.

This is gonna be fun.
~~Mary

Old 2010-02-09, 12:42pm
Mary Lockwood

Hayley, are there any I have left that you want?

As far as which one of yours I want- which one is best for a rank amateur with silver glass? I'm a total know-nothing.

I'd love to trade with you.
~~Mary

Old 2010-02-09, 12:48pm
Mary Lockwood

Squid- I wish you did too. LOL If you DID have one to trade- which one of mine would you have picked?

Linda...thanks. I've been meaning to post this for months. Probably clear back to last summer, but I didn't know how it would go over. Sometimes I think I have good ideas that end up being not so popular. LOL

~~Mary

Old 2010-02-09, 1:03pm

Very cool idea! I think everyone would want to join in on this.

Old 2010-02-09, 1:08pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I just discovered I have all but the fish and mushroom one - I just went and looked . I bought the jelly and cane in November - I had forgotten because I haven't torched since then - and you gave me the bird for helping you check if it viewed correctly.

The bird one is probably my favorite of all the tutorials I've gotten from anyone. It is awesome!! I am a bit of a wild bird person

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-09, 1:11pm
da General

Sent SE4 to you, Mary! Enjoy!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-09, 5:43pm
Mary Lockwood

Thank you Hayley!! What a sweetheart.

I've traded with 5 people so far and this is awesome!

Lotsa fun!!! You guys rock.

~~Mary

Old 2010-02-09, 9:33pm

mary--any/all of the silver glass exchange tutorials are perfect for ANYONE playing with silver glass!! Hayley does a fantastic job of compiling all the info from the thread/exchange into a beautiful booklet--I the one I have!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-10, 10:01am

Awesome Idea. I've been thinking of writing a tutorial on how to turn on a concentrator properly and how to dip mandrels properly and I was going to put a bonus at the end on how to turn on a kiln. Since mine might be too difficult for one person to write, I will see if Squidly wants to help me. We could co-write it. Want to swap with me??? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by Rachel; 2010-02-10 at 10:05am.
Old 2010-02-10, 10:28am
Salt Box Beads

Mary, you are brilliant! I don't have any tutorials but just wanted to say what a wonderful support system between tut makers.

You all have been through the wringers lately and I just love your bringing something more and positive to the table for the tutorialists.. is that a word?

Lorraine
Old 2010-02-16, 4:30pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

ohhhhhhh I would LOVE to trade tuts with folks..... thanks for psoting the offer.. I am also game to trade my tutorial to anyone who wants to trade back.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-02-16, 6:20pm
Creatrixie

Great minds think alike;
I'd love to have your Jellyfish Seascape tutorial, Mary...but I think I already Traded my "Making Wool Beads" tut for your fabulous Canes tutorial 2 years ago for xmas!
Maybe we can Trade when I have something else to offer you.
(and btw, there will be something coming for you in the mail! When my hubby told me you'd sent a package for xmas this year, I had NO idea how fabulous it was! I was away)

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-02-16, 6:51pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I just discovered I have all but the fish and mushroom one - I just went and looked . I bought the jelly and cane in November - I had forgotten because I haven't torched since then - and you gave me the bird for helping you check if it viewed correctly.

The bird one is probably my favorite of all the tutorials I've gotten from anyone. It is awesome!! I am a bit of a wild bird person
the fish and mushroom one is brilliant!

i love mary's tutorials

i'm going for the cane one next

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-02-18, 9:20am
Mary Lockwood

LOL, you guys. Rachel- that's hilarious. You already have all my tutorials or I WOULD trade with you.

Sorry it took me a few days to catch up with this thread- I forgot to check it. (D'Oh!)

Anybody who wants to trade with me- I'd LOVE to trade with YOU.

Drop me a PM or an email:
mary [at] marylockwood [dot] com

no spaces
~~Mary

Old 2010-02-21, 8:46am
Junior Mint

So, how does this work if all you've done are free tutorials?

my stuff on
Old 2010-02-22, 11:35am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Mary let me know if you would like any of our tuts- I want ALL of yours lol ♥ Jenelle

|
|
|
|

Old 2010-02-22, 12:11pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightdesigns View Post

Hehehehe that's all I've done also....so I guess it means look for her free ones in the regular tutorial section???
Sorry, just being a wise crack!!!
Mary, good on ya!!!!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-02-24, 11:21am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
ohhhhhhh I would LOVE to trade tuts with folks..... thanks for psoting the offer.. I am also game to trade my tutorial to anyone who wants to trade back.

Candice
Candice, I'd love to trade with you---which of mine would you like?

Old 2010-02-24, 11:23am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortaflower View Post
Mary let me know if you would like any of our tuts- I want ALL of yours lol ♥ Jenelle
LOL, actually...yes!
I'd like to have your Top Secret Recipes Vol A, your Zanzibar and your Monte Carlo....

Which do you want of mine?

~~Mary

Old 2010-02-24, 11:24am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightdesigns View Post
I'll trade ya my freebies for your freebies.

Old 2010-02-24, 1:35pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Yay!! Thanks Mary- just Etsy convo'ed you =) Jenelle

|
|
|
|

Old 2010-02-24, 8:17pm
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I'll trade ya my freebies for your freebies.
Sounds great, Mary, where are they?

Mine are on my webiste:

http://www.starlight-beads.com/tutorial3in1.html

http://www.starlight-beads.com/aitut.pdf

Thanks!

my stuff on
Old 2010-02-25, 1:23am

I can't believe nobody wants my tutorial! I am so sad. LOL

Old 2010-02-25, 9:33am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Hi Rachel -Daniel & I enjoyed checking out your tuts! Feel free to message me if you would like a couple of ours in exchange =) Jenelle

|
|
|
|