Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-10-20, 6:23pm

FriedDesires I have that one so I know what I will be doing next week. It is a great tutorial very well written.
Old 2010-10-20, 6:39pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmountainglass View Post
Steven they look great and didn't I read somewhere you've only been torching for a month. Wow you have a gift I'm in awe of you.
Thank you! Only a month here, My mom got me hooked on the 19th of September, that is when I set up a studio in a spare room here and she showed me a ton of things and I have been at it ever since..lol

THANKS MOM (aka PaulaP)!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-21, 10:39am
tweetysweetie

Ironmountain, thanks so much...and please share your results...I love seeing just what everyone comes up with using the same directions. This tutorial is one of the sculptures that students learn in my sculpture class at GlassCraft Expo, and it is amazing to see the various personalities of one little owl from 8 different students. They are great little sellers at bazarrs (sp?) so I encourage folks to make and sell them..

Last edited by FiredDesires; 2010-10-21 at 10:40am. Reason: miss spelling
Old 2011-05-28, 9:01am
tweetysweetie

Just found out today that I will no longer be able to offer up Hooter tutorial for free anymore, it is owned by the Flow magazine and may be purchased at:
https://www.theflowmagazine.com/inde...sale&Itemid=72

Old 2011-05-29, 8:31am
tweetysweetie

((Kimmie))
LOL, are you talking to me or David??!! I give him permission to play with my Hooters, er wait...I mean make owls OR goddesses.....

and by the way...you are NOT apparently invisible, "I" see you hiding behind that couch!

Old 2011-05-29, 2:14pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I think you might have just shot yourself on the foot
Old 2011-05-29, 3:39pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredDesires View Post
Just found out today that I will no longer be able to offer up Hooter tutorial for free anymore, it is owned by the Flow magazine and may be purchased at:
https://www.theflowmagazine.com/inde...sale&Itemid=72

Catherine, I hope you were compensated by the Flow.

Seems unfair if you gave it to them for free that they can profit from it and you no longer have any rights.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2011-05-29, 6:47pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Which "you" are you referring to??
playing with hooters or permission to do so ... David ofcourse would be total gentleman about it... but just in case...
Old 2011-05-29, 11:22pm
tweetysweetie

Kimberly & Swamper, I gave the tutorial to the Flow/Will & Jen when I submitted it for publication in 2008. I love that magazine and those two folks. I never tried to sell/share it for over a year after publication, hoping folks would subscribe to the Flow.

I just didn't realize that they WERE selling it until I came across it the other day. No one told me to quit giving it out, I just don't want to step on toes and decided to quit giving it. However Hooter will still be one of the sculptural beads I teach in my sculpture class at GlassCraft Expo each year.

Flow is only charging, 3.95 for the tutorial, far less than I would charge for it anyway. I encourage folks if they want Hooter directions to support the Flow and make a purchase, it is well written/photoed and easy to follow. (I don't say that just cause I wrote it, emails/reviews lead one to believe it is so, ...course, what the hell do I know..I still believe in fairy tales & Santa!)

Pia...David IS a gentleman!, my quip was more to get my friend Kim to laugh... I think she needs an extra hug/smile this week. ((K))

Old 2011-05-30, 1:20am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I know Catherine you were joking, so was I! My jokes dont come often across like one, since I translate them quite often from my native language, and it just doesnt always work... or then you would have to be able to insert also the tone of voice into that joke, to make someone realize thats what it was And by the way, it was funny! You made more people than just Kim laugh!
Old 2011-06-07, 10:55pm

WOW! I have been away for wayyyyyyy tooooooo long! Glad to see that the humor and good times are still happening!

Sorry to hear about the tut Catharine, But I still give ya kudos for it anyway! It will always be YOUR Hooters that I like....

Old 2011-06-09, 10:21am
tweetysweetie

Yes Steven, just where have you been? lol
I don't feel bad about the tutorial as I support the Flow wholeheartedly, and folks will always be able to play "with Hooter", just through them!

Old 2011-06-10, 8:18pm

I have been working on my plane. Man that is one expensive hobbie nowadays, and with this recession restaurant biz is WAYYYYY down. Now I have been playing with my new scorpion (Finally got a second oxy con). I am looking at selling my pieces now but not too sure where to start this. I have considered etsy and ebay but not sure...

Old 2011-06-20, 12:06pm
tweetysweetie

Steven, as far as I've been able to ascertain, Ebay anymore is a no man's land for sales with the "foreign" competition..however there are still plenty of folks that make good money there....I would start with Etsy and then maybe try out Artfire.

Plane? hobby? lol, only if its' one of those remote control thingys! A real plane is NOT a hobby, but serious business...hopefully the economy will be favorable for you soon so you can indulge in your passion.

Old 2011-06-28, 6:31pm
senior citizen lampworker

Steven, Thought you might like to see my owl.

A quick tut for it is to start with a teardrop for the body. make a tripod of tail and two feet to make it stand up. put the wings on. punty the bottom and burn off enough of the rod to make the head. two small balls flatened for eyes. points for horns and beak. TaDa, an owl.
Mike

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-06-29, 11:34am

Hey Mike that is one good looking owl! Thaks for sharing nand I will see what kind of justice I can do for you!

By the way I wanna thank you for taking the time to teach the class this last Sunday! You do some amazing work!