No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2011-08-16, 7:31pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Cornette View Post
Please do not include any materials authored by myself in this project.

Ditto for me, except for your own use.
Old 2011-08-16, 7:34pm
Storm Queen

She's already stated that she's not doing it. Maybe she can edit her OP to reflect that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-16, 7:53pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
She's already stated that she's not doing it. Maybe she can edit her OP to reflect that.
She should do that. But it's a good thread in case anyone else comes up with such a scheme.
Old 2011-08-18, 4:33pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
She should do that. But it's a good thread in case anyone else comes up with such a scheme.
Agreed!
Old 2011-08-20, 10:14am
Crispy Critter

I, for one, appreciate her intent behind this and the fact that she did come here to ask for opinions. Please lets not this turn into another brawl that sends members running for the exit.

Old 2011-08-20, 2:51pm
Crispy Critter

Please re-read my post. I asked that it not turn into a brawl.

Old 2011-08-20, 4:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Crazy View Post
Just wondering if anyone out there would actually pay for information that is already right there at their fingertips. I can't imagine you would get to many customers and plus the legal troubles of profiting from others hard work.
I wouldn't. I keep all free tutorials in a file on my PC, print them off and keep them in a folder in my studio. However, that is just me.

Old 2011-09-05, 12:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yep. They would pay. Lots of people don't like hunting for stuff. I wouldn't pay, but lots would.
I hate hunting for stuff. Truly. I have no patience. I want what I want when I want it. LOL
Old 2011-09-05, 12:37pm

I'm not a lawyer, but an IT professional so I've dealt with the intellectual property issue quite a bit. You're not doing anything illegal by creating an index of free information, and asking for compensation for your efforts - that's how Google got so big.
Old 2011-09-07, 10:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosMom View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but an IT professional so I've dealt with the intellectual property issue quite a bit. You're not doing anything illegal by creating an index of free information, and asking for compensation for your efforts - that's how Google got so big.
Uhmmm. Not really. Google gets paid by advertisers and for search engine ranking. I dont believe any one pays for indexing.
Old 2011-09-09, 11:38pm

http://www.amazon.com/Lampwork-Tutor...5636560&sr=8-1

^^^^Interesting.^^^^

And all I wanted to do was to re-coup the cost of USB drives and postage, no profit to me. As I have heard loud and clear....I am not publishing anything. I'll keep the info for my own personal use so everyone can now get their panties un-twisted.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11

Last edited by SerendipityArtGlass; 2011-09-09 at 11:44pm.
Old 2011-09-09, 11:58pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityArtGlass View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Lampwork-Tutor...5636560&sr=8-1

^^^^Interesting.^^^^

And all I wanted to do was to re-coup the cost of USB drives and postage, no profit to me. As I have heard loud and clear....I am not publishing anything. I'll keep the info for my own personal use so everyone can now get their panties un-twisted.

That is the book that Karen Hardy put together... with consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Didn't Karen Hardy already do this? I thought somewhere I saw a collection of LE tuts for sale made by her? But maybe I'm wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
Yes - Karen however got permission from the people in her compilation if I am not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
yep

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-09-10, 3:15pm

Serendipity, Perhaps you should add this to your very first post. Then if anyone comes accross this thread for the first time, they will be less likely to feel the need to comment and perpetuate this thread. I think everyone's feelings have come through loud and clear, and you have responded approprieatelyl

Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityArtGlass View Post
Thank you all again for the input. I believe that I'll just keep my database for myself for my own use and only share the information by giving someone a link. That way everyone still has traffic to their websites which is to receive business and/or donations and I won't have the headache. Now I can continue on collecting and naming files that make sense only to me without any need for future vision. Thanks again.
Old 2011-09-11, 1:30am

Thanks Darrell,

I added it to beginning post as you suggested.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2011-09-11, 4:54am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'd just like to chime in here before anyone
comes to the conclusion that I did this to
profit from in any way, shape or form.

The book I put together and put up for sale
was NOT a fundraiser, nor did I make a single
penny on it (quite the contrary). I uploaded it
to lulu.com after it was completed, and it is for
sale there ( and through Amazon.com) at COST.
There is no markup on the book at all.

No one on this forum or anywhere else on the
Internet has ever profited from my collaboration
with the artists (save all the artists, who are all now
"published authors").

This was a labor of love. Not a fundraiser.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2011-09-11, 5:07am
sunscreen me baby

Sorry Karen, I thought it had been a fundraiser. I corrected my post on the first page.

~