LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-09-13, 5:03am
Anyone need some spacers?

River Rock?? Is that a color or am I missing something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-13, 6:33am
Sandi

Turquoise makes a very nice silvered stringer.

Old 2007-09-13, 8:03am
Trying to Hope!

I made a dark silver plum silvered stringer it was pretty and a light pearl gray stringer but again I add way way way to much silver now after reading this I am getting much better results I will post some pics soon......on a boro kick atm

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-09-13, 8:23am

hades makes an awesome silvered stringer!

and trans aqua coppered is cool as well
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-09-13, 7:53pm
Flamewoman

Has anyone made dragon scale beads? These are very popular for me. I start with a base bead of copper green and then put 3 rows of 4 dots on bead with a SIS made with a whole sheet of silver, then use a stringer of raku rod small dots, then a small dot of clear then melt it in. Dont melt dots in until all of the layers are on. With that much silver you get cool dots of silver between the scales, so cool. You can also use olive green for a base bead, or EP for dots instead of raku.Very good seller for me.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2007-09-13, 9:11pm
Trying to Hope!

ooooh I will have to try those

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-14, 9:47am

Does anyone know who sells river rock that has some in stock right now? I've checked a couple of places and they're out of stock. It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I want to try it.

Also, I get how to make the sis but, other than dragon scales, how do you use it? What do you do with it?

Thanks! Marie C
Old 2007-09-15, 7:46pm
Flamewoman

Hey Marie,
Drape it across bead made of light or dark Ivory, melt it in good and hot, looks very organic. You can do this on almost any color, but the Copper colors work best along with coral and grey.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2007-09-15, 8:11pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Today Dawn showed how to do the stringer with silver leaf and boy do I feel stupid it was just as easy as she said. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Old 2007-09-15, 10:25pm
Trying to Hope!

I think frantz has river rock in stock? I hope I need a few pounds of it too

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-16, 3:10am
Entropy increasing....

If you make silver Hades stinger and reduce it you get really neat effects also. It turns blue and green.
Old 2007-09-16, 10:30am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Mary - I'm glad you like the Dragon Scales.

For anyone who doesn't know how to make them, my tutorial is here:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ghlight=dragon

Old 2007-09-17, 9:22am
Trying to Hope!

I have sooo got to get out and torch tonight I have 8 dozen mandrels dipped and calling my name.................

I have Hades I will try that too

Etsy Here
Ebay Here