Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-02-24, 8:31am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Default shipping receipt idea

I thought I would toss this idea out there.... I am the contact person for BoC for my local glass guild. We ship beads from multiple donors from our guild. But we would also like folks to get credit for thier beads tax wise and to be able to keep a record of who sent what.

So.... I used Excel and made a sheet up that goes to guild meetings. I turned the page sideways to give more room for info to be written and made multiple columns with these heading.... Name, Address, Hearts, BUtterflies, Focals, Total#. Then there are about 15 lines down the page here folks can fill in the info as they drop thier beads into the basket at the meeting. There is also a tally spot at the bottom of each column so the folks at BoC know how many of what as well as who sent them when they open the package. I also hand check every bead before it is put in the shipping box and make note of that on the paperwork, so hopefully it saves them some labor as well. I also have the guild contact info and name on the sheet at the header.

I think sending the excel sheet makes it much easier for the BoC folks to send out reciepts without having to dig for cards in bags and do a count etc. Having a sheet made up and on a flash drive makes it easy for me to print out too.

Hope you find this helpful...

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-02-24, 9:12am

Excellent Plan! This would be a very good plan for any of the groups that do collections at meetings and then send the beads in a single box. We certainly want all of our donors to receive full recognition and this is the best way to handle it for groups.
Thanks for posting this!

Robert
Old 2010-02-24, 9:24am

That's a great idea. My last few exchanges had boc beads in them and most of the donations had the person's card in them but some did not. Be easier if I just entered it all on file as soon as they come in.
Thanks for the tip!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-24, 10:14am

I keep a log book of all donations that come from the Southern Flames and other donors in my area and submit the information with the beads when they go to Tucson.

Robert