Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-04-07, 10:25am
Obsessed Blogger

Default How about some Lion Beads?

Thank you to everyone who sent pigs for Dylan! They're rolling in and being sent off to him! There sure was a big response and it gave me an idea for future special requests!

There are so many kids in the program that we really want to spread the love, right? So, when a special request comes in I'm going to post them as a challenge. It might be a fun way to get a special kid a bead that they connect with, while also providing more to other kids in the program!

So, next up: Lions

This is Terrell, and he likes lions.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Terrell also did an interview recently and I will be putting it on the Beads of Courage blog when I receive it. I'll let you know when it's up.

So, Lions. Can you do it? Lion faces? Full on lions? The Courageous Lion? Your interpretation of what that means?

As always, send these beads to headquarters at:
Beads of Courage
5301 S Houghton Road
Tucson AZ 85747

All extras and experiments are welcomed and will be used in the program! I'll also make sure that Terrell gets a bead or two from what you send.

Thanks everyone for all that you do! And have fun...your beads sure do make the kids smile!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-09, 7:41pm
I think I could be a bead

This sounds great! I'll give lions a try!

Old 2010-04-10, 3:32am

Lori, let me get my pigs right first!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(just kiddin)

Duane

I can hardly wait for the giraffe or ostrich requests to start filing in

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-04-10, 11:35am
Obsessed Blogger

Hey Duane!

We did just get a giraffe request. You got one?

Old 2010-04-10, 6:40pm

My first attempt for a lion was the chickens way out-- the lion is hiding in the grass and all you can see is a lion tail. I can do that! lol... I like it!

The one on the left is the back side of the lions tail-- you can't see the lion. He's hiding in the grass! The one on the right is the BACK SIDE of the full body lion I attempted second.

My second attempt was great right up until I got to the lions face... butchered it. Sad, just sad. The bead on the left all you can see of the lion hiding in the grass- the tail is all you can see!! lol

My third attempt is better and is in the kiln now. Will try to post it tomorrow. I'm trying! lol My heart is in the right place. Now if only my skills would catch up!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-04-10, 7:40pm

this is one I did a while back, I'll have to try to do another one with a larger mandrel hole. something like this ok? he's tiny. I had a pic of him next to a penny for sizing.

Old 2010-04-10, 7:52pm
Obsessed Blogger

I love the one hiding in the grass. Ha ha ha ha!

I think they're all wonderful!

Old 2010-04-10, 9:34pm
Broken

Do they need to be glass? I have two pandora style lion beads I'd be happy to send. Let me know.

Old 2010-04-10, 11:18pm

Someone made some absolutely gorgeous lion face murrini earlier this year, I can't for the life of me remember who - but they were gorgeous and would make fabulous lion beads one you added a mane onto them!!!

Sorry I can't remember who made them now

If I get a chance I might try to make a couple to send over - I usually make sculptural lions for Bravery Beads program here in Australia and would be happy to make a couple extras to add for you guys over there. here is a pic of one of the first (very dodgy) ones that I made.... anyone is welcome to use it for idea's if they are stuck.

Nat

Old 2010-04-11, 4:25am

The glass gods were kind to me- I like this lion best but will send all 3.

from the back:

from the front:

Lori, I'm afraid this one is as good as I can get with my skills right now. I will mail these (and a few purple hearts I have) on Monday.

Sue

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2011-05-18 at 5:57pm.
Old 2010-04-11, 5:16am

Sue that one is gorgeously cute!

Nat

Old 2010-04-11, 5:59am

Quote:
Sue that one is gorgeously cute!

Nat
Thanks! I hope Terrell will like it too.

Sue
Old 2010-04-12, 2:04pm

I mailed two lions today- the lion tail and the good one that came out of the kiln. Looked like the ugly lion might have had a crack so he went in the trash. Also included a few purple hearts and a few other beads.

I did note on the outside of the envelope that there were lions inside for Terrill.

Sue
Old 2010-04-13, 3:34am

Sue I love the way his tail trails around the bead!
That got me thinking of a set of beads I saw someone post a long while back that were all animals behinds.

Old 2010-04-13, 12:46pm

Love your lions. I'm headed out to the studio now and I'm going to try making some lions.
Terri

Old 2010-04-13, 9:31pm

Just finished cleaning the lion bead that I made. I'm going to make more to send in. Here is a picture of my first one. I need to melt the fur in a little more before the kids can have them. I wouldn't want it to chip and a little one get cut.

Old 2010-04-14, 10:43am

This guy and a few others beads from my BOC jar will go out in the morning.

Old 2010-04-14, 3:33pm

Lions.... I have lion face murrini. This bead is gone but I might be able to come up with something in the next few days...
Jodie
Attached Images

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-04-14, 9:16pm
Obsessed Blogger

Holy cow. You guys are rockin' it! You make me so proud to be a bead maker and a part of this community.
...and I'm not just saying that...

Old 2010-04-15, 4:55am

Hey, that gorgeous Lion's face murrini I mentioned above was yours Jodie!!!!! I have got nearly all my canes pulled for a complex tiger's head murrini - just being slack and not getting the ears done and trying to work out a plan for stripes.

Very very cute Lion beads so far, Terri and Paula's are sooooo adorable. That one using the murrini is really lovely Jodie, but I am always VERY partial to murrini

Nat

Old 2010-04-15, 7:58am

LOL I totally missed your post Nat. Sometimes I read to fast. I can wait to see the tiger, I have day dreams about a "tiger lilly" to go with my "dandy lions" But right now it is all about the koi fish. 2 weeks into it and counting. I am loving everyones beads.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-04-18, 8:46pm
Remember to keep smiling

Here is a pic of my first couple of tries at the lion. I'll try again tomorrow.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-19, 12:17pm
Obsessed Blogger

ADORABLE !!!