Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-28, 11:23am

Default new & silver glass questions?

I've been doing some reading about the new & silver glasses? From what I've read, the r4's sound like they are easier to work with than the Gaia and double helix, etc..., am I correct? I see that it is very expensive. Does it work as well if made into stringer and placed on "cheaper" glasses? Also, is there someplace that I can get a sampler pack of some of the colors? I checked Rocio's site and they do not appear to offer a sampler pack. Which colors do you recommend - easiest to work with to get best results? And while I'm asking, what are the ASK colors and CIM? Also suppliers for these other glasses? I am confused but would like to try something new without breaking the bank and becoming too frustrated. Thanks for your help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
H37
Old 2006-12-28, 11:37am
They see me rollin'...

Hmmm, well, I pretty much have them all. Personally I think that Gaia is one of the easiest to work with, and Kronos and Olympia Rain have been reformulated to make them easier to work--there is now a Kronos 2 and Aion replaced Olympia Rain. I haven't tried them yet, though.

I also really like the R4 glass I have tried. I don't get much torch time so I've only tried them once or twice.

I have also had great luck with the Caliente glass silver blue (96 coe). I love the stuff!

I'm sure more people with chime in!
-Patti

-Patti
Old 2006-12-28, 11:43am
Dances With Fire

the silver colors might frustrate you....they may be a little more challenging to work if you are fairly new...then again..if you are willing to gamble at $100 # go for it! maybe you should try some of the handpulled moretti colors first. those you can buy by the rod at a lot of the distributors.

I have pretty much only used the silver glasses as stringer because of the price....just squeezed the very last stringer out of my precious picasso...boo hooo. they are very pretty glasses used in the right combo....but you can also get very expensive mud! I read almost every post before melting any of it!

crystal

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2006-12-28, 11:45am
Messy Color glass pusher

Default Messy Color glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluvs2create View Post
... what are the ASK colors and CIM? ...

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. CiM is Creation is Messy (that's us) and we sell Messy Color glass. You can see our website here: www.CreationIsMessy.com for more information about our company and about Messy Color products. The "Where to Buy" link in the menu will show you a list of our suppliers.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks much,
Dana

Dana Brash

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

[mail]

Old 2006-12-29, 12:43pm
Dances With Fire

wow! your stuff is very pretty! I just checked out your site! nice site too!

Maybe someone would be willing to send you a little of the silver glasses so you could try it. or maybe you could split an order with someone??? If you cant find anyone to split an order with you...I might be interested.

.....and the ASK colors are from arrow springs.

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2006-12-29, 12:57pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I absolutely love Gaia!!! It's perfect for a starter silver color - very easy to work and the results are so satisfying.

This bead is made with Gaia, SIS, and ASK Silver Cinnamon, another of my favorites.

Old 2006-12-29, 1:50pm
Dances With Fire

oh wow that is gorgeous....might just have to try gaia! the colors are spectacular!

Old 2006-12-29, 6:51pm

Each color is different. I find the Gaia the easiest and some of the R4 colors easy and some hard. Just depends.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-12-29, 6:58pm
one day at a time

Oh yeah, I will read the Gallery thread over again before I melt this stuff. I did choose the Gaia because it seems to be the easiest one to work with.