AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2014-06-04, 2:58pm

Default Torch problem

I have a GTT lynx torch, I just got it about a month ago. Everything was fine but then I started to notice the flame seemed to be getting smaller as I work. Any suggestions what might be the problem? Also the blue knob for adjusting the flame doesn't do anything. It did, but now it doesn't.

Any tips on cleaning or caring for it would be appreciated too.

Thanks c:
Old 2014-06-04, 3:18pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I have a Lynx and every time I start my torching session for the day I have to readjust the knobs to increase the propane a few minutes into the session. I've asked about this but never really got a satisfactory answer as to how to fix it or what causes it.
What kind of oxy set up are you using?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*f

Old 2014-06-05, 7:52am
Jeff

I've herd that you have to wear in the valve seats don't hold me to that cause I don't own a lynx. Hope it helps
Old 2014-06-05, 9:03am

Is your propane tank almost empty?
Old 2014-06-06, 9:09am

@dusty no, hardly have used any of it
Old 2014-06-06, 10:12am

Do you have the regulator pressure turned up high enough? Is your regulator in good shape? Have you used it with another torch to verify that the regulator is working properly?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-06-26, 3:44am
Now part of the Dark Side

Try resetting your regulator. You should be backing it out when you shut down at the end of your session.

Tags
decrease, flame adjustment, flame size, glass torch technologies, gtt, lynx, lynx torch