No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-25, 5:18am
I think my raku is broken

Default Unlimited Oxygen - 102 days and counting

I ordered an M20 from Unlimited Oxygen on April 14th, (paid in full, btw). I still do not have a ship date for my unit and UO is not returning my calls.

In the April sale thread on the Sales Rack, when asked by another person, UO said that the turnaround was 30 days. 30 days after placing my order, I called for an update (as UO has encouraged on these forums) and was told that they were just starting the March orders, meaning he was more like 60 days behind.

A few weeks later, I called again and was told that they were starting April orders but that he'd move my order up the queue since I had called. A few weeks after that, my husband called and when pressed for a ship date was given an indistinct "2 weeks."

I was prepared (after reading all of the CSK forums) for a 60-90 day wait when I placed my order, but this is just getting ridiculous now. I really didn't want to take this public since UO just seems to be a dead horse, but now my calls aren't being returned. So, here I am. 102 days out with no ship date, no concentrator, no $425 and no return calls.

Help me, Oh Great LE mods. You're my only hope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-25, 6:34am

My husband called UO this morning and talked to Dave, who I believe is Jack's brother. I think Jack had some type of medical emergency? If so, I'm very sorry for him and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Anyway, I feel sorry for Dave who honestly sounds like he's just running from one fire to the next.

I just really want my concentrator. I hear it will be a really great unit and it has a lifetime warranty... But here's the thing about the lifetime warranty. It's only good for as long as the company is around and I have serious doubts that this company will be around for me to even receive the concentrator I purchased.

Old 2013-07-25, 8:27am
Storm Queen

Jack hasn't logged on to LE since 7/22. Hopefully he's ok.

Old 2013-07-25, 9:07am

His brother said he's in the hospital.

Old 2013-07-26, 3:27am

heart attack from all the stress? whatever could be stressful about Jack's business and it's practices?
Old 2013-07-26, 9:36am

Is that kind of sarcastic comment really necessary? Sounds like you're implying he deserves to be in the hospital, which is a really lousy thing to say about anyone. (Particularly when you have no idea what's going on, and how serious it may be).
Old 2013-07-26, 9:39am

^^^^^this

Old 2013-07-26, 10:14am

not at all. i like Jack and his products, but it just seems he brings stress upon himself with the way he does business.
there's only a few people that i'd wish to see in the hosptial, and none of them are here or in this hobby/industry.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:15am

I hope Jack is doing well and is in the hospital only to test his newest machine and not because he needs to be there....

Old 2013-07-29, 12:24pm

I talked to Jack this afternoon and received my invoice for shipping. Hopefully that means they will be shipping in the near future. I'm so excited!

Old 2013-07-29, 7:25pm

I don't necessarily agree with UO's business practices but this comment was a little on the classless side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
heart attack from all the stress? whatever could be stressful about Jack's business and it's practices?

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-07-30, 4:47pm

My concentrator shipped today. I have a tracking number and its scheduled for delivery by Monday, Aug 5. Happy Dance!!!!

Old 2013-07-30, 6:23pm
Storm Queen

That's great! I do hope Jack is ok too.

Old 2013-07-30, 7:03pm

I talked to Jack yesterday and asked how he was and he said he was OK. Not my place to say what his emergency was, but he was kind, apologetic, and a gentleman. And this was despite having a pretty bad day.

Old 2013-07-30, 11:01pm

Glad everything is working out for you, and that he seems to be okay.
Old 2013-08-01, 8:18am
Lavender Dawn

I am having the same challenge - I ordered an M 20 12 weeks ago. No return calls and no return emails. What is going on? I am getting (ok, let's me honest) very frustrated. Anyone have any feedback??? Help!!!
Old 2013-08-01, 8:25am

Call, call, call... That's what I did. I called, my husband called... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Seriously, I think the only reason I got my unit shipped was because my husband was a pain. They were probably so tired of dealing with him.

Old 2013-08-01, 9:00am
Lavender Dawn

WOW - amazing - just heard from Jack. Finally a response. Should be getting mine soon! YAY!
Old 2013-08-01, 9:01am
Lavender Dawn

Still, I am very frustrated with them. Shouldn't have to wait this long.
Old 2013-08-21, 8:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmarie4771 View Post
Still, I am very frustrated with them. Shouldn't have to wait this long.
Imagine my frustration. I'm coming up to the one year anniversary of my order... I've recieved 1 of the five units I ordered and that took 8 months.....
Old 2013-08-21, 9:27am

Until you get a request to pay for the shipping it is not complete.
Then it takes several days to get boxed and shipped. Don't sell your tanks just yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmarie4771 View Post
WOW - amazing - just heard from Jack. Finally a response. Should be getting mine soon! YAY!

Old 2013-08-21, 9:29am

All I can say to this is that your name fits you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patienceisavirtue View Post
Imagine my frustration. I'm coming up to the one year anniversary of my order... I've recieved 1 of the five units I ordered and that took 8 months.....

Old 2013-08-21, 10:26am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patienceisavirtue View Post
I wouldn't count on Jack seeing this post. Your best bet at this point is to call him repeatedly. He seems to work on the squeaky wheel concept. If you've been silent and/or patient, then you keep getting pushed to the back of the line. Call and be firm and demanding.

Old 2013-08-21, 10:58am

a year? that is a bit much....too much.
Old 2013-08-21, 11:24am
Borovangelist

Has Jack been banned yet?

|
|
Old 2013-08-21, 11:28am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Has Jack been banned yet?
No. But he hasn't logged on since 8/16 which is why I'm saying that no one should rely on just posting in a thread as a way of contacting Jack. Venting....yes.

Old 2013-08-21, 3:07pm

Connected my M20 this past week end. I LOVE IT. What a difference it makes from torching with my old concentrator. I know several people have had issues with UO but I am pro UO and feel the product is well worth waiting for.

Last edited by KFraley51; 2013-08-21 at 3:12pm.
Old 2013-08-21, 5:43pm
KitseyBelle

KFraley51, how long ago did you order? And when did you get yours?
Old 2013-08-23, 10:47am
Lavender Dawn

Still waiting..... 16 weeks! Even though he said he would get it to me 2 weeks ago!

jridgeway01@comcast.net
Aug 5
I will have it for you this week. I am sorry.

Unlimited Oxygen see us at unlimitedoxygen.com
1-866-955-0200 or local 317-831-5500 jack
Old 2013-08-23, 10:58am
Administrator

I am moving this thread since Jack does not have access to this area of the forum