Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-09-24, 2:17pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Default Butterfly Fish murrine tutorial by Greg Chase

Greg and I have put together a 35 page step by step tutorial for making a butterfly fish murrine. You can find it here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=15557597

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-09-24, 3:11pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi Deanna~~~

Oooo, you knew just where to entice us!!! One question...I checked your link, and the listing indicates that instruction on making an "eye" cane is included. Is this for a "fish" eye, or a "human" one...

I've made about a dozen human eye murrini - all look OK but not exactly what I'm aiming for yet. I DO think that what I need to really do this right is to get myself the larger steel punties (like those shown on Noodlesaurus' site).

Please elaborate on the eye thing for me when you can...

DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-09-24, 3:18pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Hi Deanna~~~

Oooo, you knew just where to entice us!!! One question...I checked your link, and the listing indicates that instruction on making an "eye" cane is included. Is this for a "fish" eye, or a "human" one...

I've made about a dozen human eye murrini - all look OK but not exactly what I'm aiming for yet. I DO think that what I need to really do this right is to get myself the larger steel punties (like those shown on Noodlesaurus' site).

Please elaborate on the eye thing for me when you can...

DeAnne
It's for the fish eye. I bet I can get Greg to do a human eye in the future though. I'll tell him. We use 1/4 inch steel punties.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-09-24, 8:23pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, thanks Deanna for clarifying...

Your tutorial looks gorgeous! I just love all fishies...

I've played with a lot of murrini - I've not tried fish yet (I was blessed with a RAOGK of Ryan's Tutorial a while back) but I think the key to success will be to have good punties! I appreciate you sharing what you use; I'm looking forward to getting some larger steel ones (the boro just don't like me - I either crack them or there's residual boro that sticks to the murrini when pulling and I sort of wreck them!)

A human eye - I've tried so many times - would just be fabulous! I'm sure there are secrets...I've gotten pretty close, but using 1/8" steel mandrels on a 3/4" gather just doesn't cut it!

Best of luck with your tutorial!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-09-24, 8:54pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Can you show a picture of the murrini?

Ebay:
Old 2008-09-24, 9:12pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Can you show a picture of the murrini?
sure

It best to look at it under glass, so I will show both. Both chips shown are from the cane he made while making this tutorial This first pic is a close up in a marble.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-09-24, 9:15pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Oh, thanks Deanna for clarifying...

Your tutorial looks gorgeous! I just love all fishies...

I've played with a lot of murrini - I've not tried fish yet (I was blessed with a RAOGK of Ryan's Tutorial a while back) but I think the key to success will be to have good punties! I appreciate you sharing what you use; I'm looking forward to getting some larger steel ones (the boro just don't like me - I either crack them or there's residual boro that sticks to the murrini when pulling and I sort of wreck them!)

A human eye - I've tried so many times - would just be fabulous! I'm sure there are secrets...I've gotten pretty close, but using 1/8" steel mandrels on a 3/4" gather just doesn't cut it!

Best of luck with your tutorial!
DeAnne in CA
You're welcome. Greg doesn't use boro for that very reason. Thanks

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-09-27, 6:19am
It's all good.

Awesome! I can't wait to get it, YAY!