LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2006-08-18, 12:16pm
torch monkey 4 life

Default 2 torch Oxycon?

We are looking for an oxycon that will run at least 2 minor burners and aren't sure what we should be looking at.

We are considering getting 1 or 2 units, whichever is best. Of course cost is a consideration but any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!
Old 2006-08-18, 1:12pm
PyronamixK

I believe the Integra10 (and now the Regalia) will run two Minor burners at the same time.
Old 2006-08-18, 1:16pm
Boldly going

You'll need a total of about 10 LPM to run two Minors. I think your most economical alternative is to get two refurbished 5 LPM medical oxycons and just connect them one per torch. They will be very reliable and should power a Minor to 100% full power. And if you're mostly working with soft glass, this will be a great setup for you.

Brad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2006-08-18, 2:17pm
PyronamixK

Two units would be an economical set-up. But, take into consideration space, your power source, and noise. If you have ample space and power available and don't mind the noise of two machines (instead of just one - and I will say that the Integra10 is very quiet), then that is the way to go.

I do not sell concentrators or get paid in any way to promote any of them. I am just a happy user of an Integra10.

EDIT: Well, a lot has changed since I posted this! Less than two weeks after posting this, Paulette of Suncoast Beads (the sole distributor of the Regalia by SeQual) asked me if I would be interested in taking over her concentrator business. I accepted.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2006-09-13 at 10:38am.
Old 2006-08-18, 2:17pm
Pyromaniac

Where is a good place to find said refurbished units? I know of http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/ but that's about it? And what if I wanted to run a bigger torch PLUS the minor?

How does it work when you want to run the big torches? Do you need to invest in liquid oxygen systems?

Last edited by Bunyip; 2006-08-18 at 2:20pm.
Old 2006-08-18, 5:35pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip
Where is a good place to find said refurbished units? I know of http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/ but that's about it? And what if I wanted to run a bigger torch PLUS the minor?

How does it work when you want to run the big torches? Do you need to invest in liquid oxygen systems?
Paulette at Suncoast Beads used to sell refurbished units, but then handed that part of her business over to someone else. I don't know if that same person is running it or not. You might call Paulette and ask her.

As for the bigger torches, there are big oxygen generators that can power large torches/multiple torches (like the Onsite machines). Liquid oxygen is also an option, as are cylinders.
Old 2006-08-24, 7:41pm

Cosmo on this board has said that he can teach 2 people on 2 minors at the same time off of one concentrator. He is currently using our Devilbiss MC 44-90 oxygen concentrator.

Old 2006-08-25, 6:02am
ManBearPig

Yep. When we do our beginning classes (on soft glass) we run two minors on a single concentrator. They put out about 8PSI and 5LPM. No, you can't get a huge flame, but for beginners who like to get things too hot, that is a good thing. A single concentrator on a minor is probably all you'll ever need for most soft glass work. Two concentrators on a Minor will run it as hard as it will run.

Old 2006-09-13, 10:47am
PyronamixK

Well, a lot has changed since the last time I visited this thread! I just edited one of my above posts where I said that I did not sell concentrators because I now do!

Less than two weeks after posting this, Paulette of Suncoast Beads asked me if I would be interested in taking over her concentrator business. She offered me both the new and used aspects of it. So, I now sell the Regalia as well as reconditioned 5 LPM units. My website is www.pyronamix.com. When I posted in this thread last month, I had no idea that this was in my future.
Old 2006-09-13, 10:56am

need help designing an advertising banner since you're a vendor now?

Old 2006-09-13, 11:17am
PyronamixK

Thanks for the kind offer, Justin, but I'll manage.

I just threw something together real fast the other day because I was being handed the reigns right away. I had one week's notice to get my website, merchant account, and everything together. So, nothing is as polished as I would like for it to be, but I'm still working (stay tuned)!

I posted to this thread today specifically because I had previously posted that I had no financial interest in the concentrator business. At the time I posted, I didn't - and there were no prospects of that happening, either. Since then, things have changed (and in a hurry at that!). I just didn't want someone reading it now or in the future to think that I was being dishonest.
Old 2006-09-22, 8:19am

Did you decide yet Kara?
I'm curious as to how often refurbished oxycons have to be reconditioned and how much that costs. I'm guessing the cost and length of time between reconditioning may depend on the brand?