Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Old 2010-01-27, 8:00pm

Default 2 minors on 1/4 psi natural gas?

I have searched several times but can't find any info about running 2 minors on 1/4 psi natural gas. I currently have one minor running on natural gas and 2 oxycons. I was hoping to add another torch and this would be the easiest way.

Is this possible?
Old 2010-01-28, 8:30am
Gentleman of Leisure

Only issues I can think of is a problem with gas volume, but things like gas water heaters and gas furnaces use a lot more volume per minute that a minor torch (even 2) so gas supply is probably not going to be a problem unless all your other gas appliances come on at same time (not likely) ...

Other issue will be oxygen.... If you are used to the flame/heat of two oxycons on a single minor, you are going to be real disappointed with trying to run two torches on just 2 oxycons (it will be equivilant to 1 torch on 1 oxycon).... You will probably need to add at lease one more oxycon (or consider storage system) or going to tanked (high pressure) oxygen...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2010-01-28, 2:15pm

Thanks Dale. I am so happy to hear that this is possible. The second torch is for my sister when she visits so it won't be in use very much. I can use both oxycons on one torch when it is just me. I have to say that I didn't notice much of a difference when I added the second oxycon. Maybe I should go back to one for awhile just to see what it would be like.