No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-04-09, 1:17am

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingBeau View Post
Basically the larger and more long lived the fish, the more toxins they potentially accumulate. Tuna are pretty large and fairly old by the time they're caught.
Tuna once or twice a week is no biggie according to some studies I read.
In all my health studies, it never fails that most things considered to be good for you have a negative aspect or component. Moderation and variety are the only real answer.

Oh ok. I thought you maybe knew something about the processing of tuna that sucked.

I eat a lot of fish and find fish to probably be the best source of nutrition for us humans. the only problem is this damn pollution. man needed its precious gold so much that man sacraficed it's own food. People are stupid.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:10am
No Problem!

I used to stress about nutrition a lot but then I realized that's not healthy either. Do the best you can with what you've got.
Eating some fish is generally better than not eating any fish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Beau & Shani)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-14, 2:29pm
More ideas than talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
I'll know in a few days, mine's on order. I've been reading lots of fuming information over on the GLDG lately. I went with 22 kt casting grains from Rio. Funny, I handn't seen this thread
Do we know how many casting grains there are in a pennyweight yet?

Old 2009-04-15, 12:34am
Unmedicated since '62

many years ago i lived in Bouganville in the solomon islands - my dad worked at a copper mine called arawa

anyway... during the processing of the copper they extracted so much gold as well that they had to store it - after all this was a copper mine sheesh! they used to put the slurry containing the gold into 44gal drums and put it in a shed, there was no issue of theft because each drum contained about a kilo of gold mixed with a slurry of what was probably mercury etc. apparently if they had released all that gold onto the open market it would have created a gold price crisis, at least that the story i was told.

it used to facinate me as a kid that those drums were full of gold

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-04-15, 1:15am

WendBill - the facetious answer is - the same number of grains as there are feet in a length of rope.

It all depends on the size of the grains the supplier has - there isnt usually a consistent size.

You can get anything from partial fractions of a gram - through to 2-3 or 4 gram granules.

I'm in Melbourne also PM me if you want some info
Old 2009-04-15, 3:34am

There were about 7-8, different sizes.One was very large, I'll cut that down before I use it.
Old 2009-04-15, 3:52am
More ideas than talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre View Post
WendBill - the facetious answer is - the same number of grains as there are feet in a length of rope.

It all depends on the size of the grains the supplier has - there isnt usually a consistent size.

You can get anything from partial fractions of a gram - through to 2-3 or 4 gram granules.

I'm in Melbourne also PM me if you want some info
Yeah I agree.

I started trying to find my silver casting grains to get some idea, then realised the metal would be a different weight anyway.

I'm in NZ for another 48 hours, so I may call my uncle and see if there is anywhere in AKL he can recomend for the gold. I'll PM you in the next coupleof days (back in Mel at weekend).

Apart from fact it's whole learning curve at moment anyway, need to rethink it a bit when hubby pointed out I had particle mask and not gas mask.

Old 2009-04-15, 3:53am
More ideas than talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
There were about 7-8, different sizes.One was very large, I'll cut that down before I use it.
Thanks