Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-11, 12:10am
Cat Winx

Deb... just for the record. HAVE to remind you just how incredibly awesome you are!
~Rache

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-11, 12:16am
Unmedicated since '62

why thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-10-11, 12:18am
Unmedicated since '62

i am going to start work on the next version soon (well i've already started so i mean actually sit down and FINISH it) so i'll make notes of these little things and fix them

Old 2012-10-11, 9:00am

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

Is the updated version available for purchase yet??

I really would like to get one?

Thanks

Micki

Old 2012-10-11, 2:43pm
Unmedicated since '62

No, it's in the "why the %#ге is that happening?" stage

Old 2012-10-11, 3:24pm

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

Ok thanks

Micki

Old 2012-10-12, 12:35am
Unmedicated since '62

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound dismissive, it's just that I'm adding features that are making me tear my hair out

Old 2012-11-16, 8:45pm

Hi Deb...so before I download your StashMaster, do I need Microsoft Access 2010, or what's this Microsoft Access Runtime?: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ng=en&id=10910

It looks like the Access costs about $100 and the Runtime might be free?

Can you tell that I'm a techno-idiot?

Judy
Old 2012-11-16, 9:34pm

Ok, you answered my question in the LE Bathroom: the free Runtime is included with your downloan - perfect!

THanks!

Judy
Old 2012-11-16, 10:31pm
Unmedicated since '62

Yep, thats the runtime you need, just download and install that first

Old 2013-03-09, 5:00pm

Deb,

I have tried to download your program before at the 1.2 level and had difficulties (due to my own ignorance I am sure). I uninstalled it and let time go by, several months. I just tried again to download 1.3, it appears to download and install but I don't seem to get past the set up file. I have Microsoft Office 2007. I was going to wait for the paid version, if you think that would be advisable, that would be fine.

Thanks
Cheryl

Old 2013-03-11, 4:03pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylkroe View Post
Deb,

I have tried to download your program before at the 1.2 level and had difficulties (due to my own ignorance I am sure). I uninstalled it and let time go by, several months. I just tried again to download 1.3, it appears to download and install but I don't seem to get past the set up file. I have Microsoft Office 2007. I was going to wait for the paid version, if you think that would be advisable, that would be fine.

Thanks
Cheryl
Sorry for the delay in replying, I just noticed your post.

You don't need office at all to run the program, just make sure you've downloaded and set up the free run time version of access 2010 first, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=10910

This WILL NOT run on Access 2007

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2013-03-11 at 4:06pm.
Old 2013-03-11, 7:24pm

Thanks so much, I think I got it now. Sorry I did not catch the runtime thing.
I finally figured out how to get it to open.

Cheryl

Old 2013-03-11, 8:25pm
Unmedicated since '62

no probs, i wish i could find a better way to give it to people that dont have Access 2010 than runtime but thats how MS makes it work

holler if you need any help

Old 2013-04-25, 6:55pm

Default referring back to post #516

Or thereabouts. I have the full version of Access (2010) but I can only get Stashmaster to open in runtime - which does not display all the features.

Help or suggestions, please? I've tried changing the extension to accdb, but won't let me do it.....

Old 2013-04-25, 6:57pm
Unmedicated since '62

thats because the version you can download only runs on runtime, if you want the full version pm me your email address and i'll send it to you

Old 2013-04-27, 6:11am

Default Stashmaster in excel and filemaker

When I learned of this great resource, I was very happy that someone had taken the time and effort to do this: put all the different types of glass in one database. However, I work on a Mac, and was not able to use it.
That is why I have taken Deb's database and converted it into filemaker (with her permission), for those who use this on their mac. Also, I have a copy in an excel file. Please note: I am no computer wizzard, and making the filemaker database was my first attempt ever at making any database in filemaker. Furthermore, excel and I are not great friends. So...no guarantees.......
The exported file in excel and the filemaker are pretty plain: mostly just sets of data: filenumber, name, number/name by manufacturer, manufacturer, etc. It has fields where you can add your own notes, if you have the glass, how many rods you have, if you have used and if it should go on your wishlist. It is 95% Deb's work, and all credit goes to her.
I have added (most of) the glass by
Czech/Preciosa
Lauscha glass
Kugler/Beadmaking 104
Cool colors effetre
New colors CIM
Belladonna
Devardi Boro
New/missing colors Vetrofond

If you already use Deb's database, it should be pretty easy to import these new glass records into your database. I have kept the original record numbers, and the new ones start at 1756 (and the last one is 2206)
If you would like a copy of one (or both) of the files, just drop me a line floorkaspers @ me.com
I hope to make it available on a site sometime soon, but for those eager to get stuck in now, emailing me is the quickest way to get it.
Old 2013-05-26, 2:51pm

Deb, is your program still available, to buy or download? All of the above posts are from Dec. 2010. Now being 2013, can you instruct me on how to purchase your program? It sounds terrific! Thanks! Oops, I just saw the remarks above from this year. Sorry! The only computer I currently have is a laptop that's running pretty slowly & might be on it's last legs. Can I buy this program from you on disk or thumbdrive to have when I finally have to buy a new computer? I appreciate your help!

Last edited by jeaninewd; 2013-05-26 at 3:00pm. Reason: noticed my error
Old 2013-05-26, 6:34pm
Unmedicated since '62

you can still download it, you'll have to add any new glass thats become available in the last year or so but thats it

just go to the first post and click on the little wizard guy

Old 2013-07-01, 6:06pm

I just Dl this and all I have to say it "You ROCK!" Thank you!
Old 2013-07-01, 6:08pm
Unmedicated since '62

no probs

Old 2013-07-14, 12:26pm

Default Stash program

Wow..Thank You so much..what a nice thing to do and share!!! It may take me years to catalogue my glass...lol

"Don't Worry, Bead Happy"

Old 2013-07-28, 6:01am

I am on a MacBook Air and its asking me to find a program me in the App Store which can run this programme. Are there any other Apple users out there who can confirm which app will run this programme and it is successful? Thanks a lot
Old 2013-07-28, 7:50am

It does not work on a Mac, but I have made a copy of the database to use in filemaker or a simple excel file. You can see my post from april. I'll be happy to send you the files in these formats that do work on a Mac.
Old 2013-07-28, 7:19pm
Unmedicated since '62

yep, sorry, it wont run on mac unless you install something like Parallells and use windows

Old 2014-02-16, 12:29pm

can not get link to open for me?

_
Old 2014-02-16, 10:00pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbeads View Post
can not get link to open for me?
which link? the download works fine

Old 2014-03-01, 5:54am

Hi all, I have been trying to download the stashmaster program but I am not getting anywhere, is it still available or am I doing something wrong? I clicked on the Stashmaster - download. get organised, enjoy section.
Old 2014-03-09, 5:56am
Phill

Clicking the underlined StashMaster link will take you to the first post in this thread.
Near the bottom of that first post is an image of the Wizard with the wand in his hand in a blue box.
Click that wizard to start the download of the zip file.

Hope that helps.
Old 2014-03-14, 4:07am
Unmedicated since '62

Thanks Phill