Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-03-28, 11:51am

Question Arrow Springs Hand and Arm Rest?

Has anyone tried Arrow Springs Hand and Arm Rest? how much pressure can you put on the wings and is it better than the creation station???

thanks for your help
Karen
Old 2014-03-28, 4:47pm
Loving learning

I have it, and it's very sturdy. The only thing that moved was the cushion, it would move from my arm pressure, but that is better now that I don't have them at such an angle.
I haven't tried the CS, so can't compare the two.
Old 2014-03-28, 5:39pm
Melody of Glass

I'm not much help either. FWIW, I love my creation station but haven't tried the AS version.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-03-28, 6:56pm
Live and Let Live

Yes, you can put a lot of pressure on the Arrow Springs arm rest. I personally like it better than the CS because you are not resting your elbows on anything and the support area for the arms is wider, making it more comfortable in my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-03-29, 7:43am

I have the CS. I like it for steadying my right arm but I did take off the left hand rest retaining the elbow rest. The left hand rest just seemed in the way and I didn't need it as much. I do have trouble keeping the foam pads in place. They scoot around. I guess I could screw them down. My elbows do get sore. It it has improved my control so much I live with it. I may sometime invest in bags or try making some.

Old 2014-03-29, 8:33am
Angie09

I have the hand stabilizers from Bearfoot arts and love them. I can move them around to where I need them and they are magnetic on the bottom so they adhere to my stainless steel desk top. Here's a link:

http://www.bearfootart.com/catalog.h...nd&category=78
Old 2014-03-29, 2:20pm

I have had the Arrow Springs arm rest for several years and love it. I chose it because the arm rests were wider than the creation station's and it looked like it was sturdier (I have not tried the CS armrest). It looks like the Arrow Springs model takes somewhat longer to adjust than the CS but, once I had it adjusted for my torch and how I work, I have not changed the adjustments.
Old 2014-03-29, 5:23pm
Must..have..more...glass

I have used the Arrow Springs arm rest for over a year now, but I've never tried the Creation Station, so can't compare the two. The Arrow Springs arm rest is very sturdy; the only problem I've had with it is that the pads started slipping around, but I called Craig at Arrow Springs; he had me ship the arm rests to them, they used a different adhesive on them and I've had not problem since then.

I know that some people prefer to use articulating computer arm rests because they are easier to flip out of the way when you need to do that.

Facebook:
Old 2014-03-29, 5:45pm

So, will the Arrow Springs one fit a Phantom? I've emailed AS but they never reply.... I never could get the hang of the Creation Station, and I really can't rest on my elbows anyway, so this one looks perfect, but I'd rather not make another expensive mistake....
Old 2014-03-29, 5:54pm
Dynamic Duo

we have two of the arrow springs, and love them. extremely stable. easy also to maneuver under the arms if you need to work on the ends of the beads (holding mandrel vertical) - when you order, they have them with slightly different height bases to accommodate quite a few different torches. they should be able to assist you with this.

Old 2014-03-30, 12:34pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback! My creation station is good for arm bracing, but not hands...

Karin~ you need to call Craig at AS!!!! He designs all the tools and he is the nicest man.