No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-12-17, 8:54am
ManBearPig

Default Inside-Out Beads Tutorial

14 pages, 36 photos.

Available in either a printed version ($20) or digital download ($15).

I think the digital download is working correctly. If not, let me know and I'll get it fixed.

http://cosmoglassworks.com/index.php/books

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2014-04-18 at 9:22am. Reason: fixed link
Old 2008-12-17, 9:00am
See my quote!!

Ooh...ooh.....ooh...tempting.....Looks fantastic!!

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-12-17, 9:06am
See my quote!!

Hi

Trying to purchase it but had a problem when clicking the continue button from the Paypal page. Some error. Will try again.

Resistance is futile apparently. LOL

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-12-17, 9:07am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyD View Post
Hi

Trying to purchase it but had a problem when clicking the continue button from the Paypal page. Some error. Will try again.

Resistance is futile apparently. LOL
Was it a problem on the PayPal page or on the shopping cart itself?

Old 2008-12-17, 9:08am
ManBearPig

Ahh. I see the problem.

Working on it right now....

Old 2008-12-17, 9:32am
ManBearPig

Should be working correctly now...

Old 2008-12-17, 9:44am
See my quote!!

Hey Chad,

Yep, looks like it is working. Looking forward to the tut.

Thanks
Michelle

Old 2008-12-17, 9:57am
I know, I can't spell

I might be computer challenged but where is the link to look at the book for purchase, I am just curious as to what glass is used COE and such.

Which of your 5 links do I click on to find it?
Thanks

Soon new stuff
Old 2008-12-17, 10:00am
Dangerous Woman

I believe it is boro - COE 33.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-12-17, 10:10am
ManBearPig

Trying to track down why the digital download isn't working. So, if you're interested, you can either wait for me to get it fixed, or go ahead and purchase it and I'll e-mail it to you...

Old 2008-12-17, 10:25am
ManBearPig

Ahh... rather than keep trying in vain to get the digital download to work, I just changed it back to the old-fashioned method - you buy it and I'll e-mail it to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Everyone that tried the digital download should have received the tutorial by e-mail. If not, please let me know...

Old 2008-12-17, 10:28am
See my quote!!

Looks great!!

Thanks

Old 2008-12-17, 12:08pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Chad - do you use points to make these beads? If so, is pulling points covered in the tutorial?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-17, 12:16pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Chad - do you use points to make these beads? If so, is pulling points covered in the tutorial?
Yes, and yes.

Old 2008-12-17, 12:40pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Chad, can this be done one a nortel minor with 2 concentrators?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-12-17, 12:44pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Chad, can this be done one a nortel minor with 2 concentrators?
Yep. I have done it myself many, many times.

Old 2008-12-17, 12:48pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Okay thanks, then it's mine !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-12-17, 1:08pm
What was I thinking?

Default Boro?

Just to clarify...these beads are 33 COE?

Old 2008-12-17, 1:17pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedradesigns View Post
Yes.

Old 2008-12-17, 7:45pm
Bliss Junkie

yay!!! more money spent!!

looking forward to checking it out....

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-12-17, 7:55pm
Mandrel Slayer

Bought me one too. Thanks Cosmo.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-12-18, 7:57am
ManBearPig

Oh yeah....

Whoever buys this tutorial, please send me photos of what you make from what you learn. I want to have a section on my web site showing things people have learned from me.

Old 2008-12-18, 2:49pm
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedradesigns View Post
Hmmm, I figured they'd be in 33....do you know if it can be done using 104 tubing?

Old 2008-12-18, 3:42pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidyn View Post
Hmmm, I figured they'd be in 33....do you know if it can be done using 104 tubing?
I've never used 104 COE tubing, so I can't say for sure. However, glass is glass, so it should work. The only possible problem I see is that in borosilicate, clear glass is softer than colored glass, which helps the designs sink into the walls of the bead. In soft glass, solids are softer than transparents, so that may effect things.

But, like I said, I've never tried it. However, if you are using any torch that isn't a hot head, you should be able to do these out of borosilicate. I teach this class on Minors.

Old 2008-12-18, 3:47pm
Who Me?

Hmmm...might be worth playing with.

Old 2008-12-18, 5:17pm

Damn I have to wiat until next wednesday when I get paid. Not fair.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-12-18, 6:28pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Leslie View Post
Damn I have to wiat until next wednesday when I get paid. Not fair.
If I had a dollar for every time I've said that.... well, I'd never have to say that again....

Old 2008-12-18, 7:48pm
Bliss Junkie

havent got mine yet....

Old 2008-12-18, 7:57pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbacher View Post
havent got mine yet....
Just sent it again to the address on your PayPal account. Let me know if you don't get it this time.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2008-12-18 at 8:03pm.
Old 2008-12-18, 8:13pm
Bliss Junkie

found the lil bugger.... thanks again!!!