Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-05-11, 8:02pm
They see me rollin'...

Hmmm, and I thought my measly 10 lbs. was too much. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti
Old 2012-05-15, 6:53am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
That's about 120 of your beads Ali
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yeah. exactly.

i'm not sure i totally understand the hoarding concept.....i guess at that point its more of an investment. i think collectively i own 30 pounds of glass at a time.

Old 2012-05-15, 10:09am
sunscreen me baby

I could explain hoarding to you Ali, but..... no need to add to my competition
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Just know if you are ever desperate for a glass, you can probably turn to me, lol.

~

Old 2012-05-15, 2:32pm
sunscreen me baby

Here is what it looks like with light shinning through *swoon*
Attached Images

~

Old 2012-05-15, 6:31pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

I think I already have 25-30 lbs of it too, maybe more! I just love that color and I haven't made any beads with it yet!!! I'm also sitting in my hands!!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2012-05-15, 7:23pm
randomly active member

Quote:
Just know if you are ever desperate for a glass, you can probably turn to me, lol.
I am jotting this down in my little glass notebook right now for when the time comes ...
.:.

Old 2012-05-16, 8:06am
Lampworkaholic!

OK who wants to sell (or trade) me a lb. of this pretty glass?

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-05-16, 8:41am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:

sweet. you're a good friend to have!

Quote:
Here is what it looks like with light shinning through *swoon*
dang!!!!!

Quote:
I think I already have 25-30 lbs of it too, maybe more! I just love that color and I haven't made any beads with it yet!!! I'm also sitting in my hands!!
what in the hell? does everyone hoard glass like this?

Old 2012-05-16, 1:08pm
sunscreen me baby

damn crazy bead ladies......

~

Old 2012-05-17, 4:09am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
damn crazy bead ladies......
you know thats my go to exclamation for times like this.
how much of this is exaggeration, how much of this is not knowing how much a pound really looks like, and how much of this is straight up hoarding goodness????

Old 2012-05-17, 5:17am
sunscreen me baby

It's hoarding for me, plain and simple. I'm well aware I can get over 600 flower discs from my 5 pounds, yet it doesn't sound like enough. I do however, have a self imposed 5 lb limit unless it really is a necessity. Like the butter pecan for my mermaids. I have 15 lbs of that
And I still can only get about 700 mermaids out of it..... kind of nervous, lol. I think I made about 500 mermaids last year.

~

Old 2012-05-17, 6:30am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
It's hoarding for me, plain and simple. I'm well aware I can get over 600 flower discs from my 5 pounds, yet it doesn't sound like enough. I do however, have a self imposed 5 lb limit unless it really is a necessity. Like the butter pecan for my mermaids. I have 15 lbs of that
And I still can only get about 700 mermaids out of it..... kind of nervous, lol. I think I made about 500 mermaids last year.
*face palm*

Old 2012-05-17, 6:32am
Rose colored glasses…√

Hell's Bells. Now I want some. I have a transparent Lauscha coral, but I don't believe it has striations.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-05-17, 9:37am
sunscreen me baby

Chris, it only gets those from the restriking I do when making those discs. I made spacers and they don't have them.

~

Old 2012-05-17, 9:38am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
*face palm*

This from the woman that has.... how many little dogs? lol

~

Old 2012-05-22, 6:27am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
This from the woman that has.... how many little dogs? lol
three dogs. one is 7 pounds, one is 8 pounds, one is 10 pounds. weighs less than most people's single dog AND glass stash...but more than my glass stash.

Old 2014-05-20, 10:16am
Practicing perfect

Bumping this up. Just had the Lauscha gold melon cracking over effetre white experience. Going to have to play with this a bit and also ordered some Lauscha clear and other colors.
Does anybody have any experience with the Lauscha white encased with the Gold Melon? Cracking?

Old 2014-05-20, 12:41pm

I have about 20 lbs of the gold melon......I don't think I have ever tried it over white. heading out to torch......will have to experiment.

Old 2014-05-31, 7:33am
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Bumping this up. Just had the Lauscha gold melon cracking over effetre white experience. Going to have to play with this a bit and also ordered some Lauscha clear and other colors.
Does anybody have any experience with the Lauscha white encased with the Gold Melon? Cracking?
That cracked for me too! sorry. And when I first had cracking problems with the transp. peach over white over 10 years ago, it also cracked over Lauscha white. It didn't seem to make any difference what brand of white it was; the white is just too soft under the stiff transparent.

But if you do a base of one of the Lauscha transparents first, then a thin layer of white, and then the melon pink, it might work. The only thing that worked for me, though, was putting the gold melon pink over another transparent without any white in between, unless it was just dots or stringer decoration on white.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2014-05-31 at 7:37am.