Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-26, 1:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Are you sending mine too?
Yes, yours too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-06-26, 1:24pm

Quote:
Jack should be banned from this website. If someone didn't ship a garage sale item for MONTHS after delivery was paid for and promised I'm pretty sure they would get similar treatment. The fact that the admins look the other way from a self-admitted thief (that's what you are when you take someones money without payment of interest or goods) is ridiculous.

Until people start issuing charge backs on their credit card and he starts getting banned from forums he won't change his business practices.
Have you had an experience with UO2 that you would like to share?? OR are you one of these tailgaters who just want to throw gasoline on a fire. You want to call me a thief????? I give away more than you will ever know. I help small individual gatherings with free give aways. I only wish that some of these people would post on people like you, so you would understand what I actually do. By the way, I am not a self admitted Thief!! where the f--- do you get that????

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-06-26, 1:25pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

SWEET!
Old 2013-06-26, 2:19pm
Lotion handler

I did get the invoice for the shipping, was there a tracking number or anything like that so I can watch for it to get here?
Old 2013-06-26, 4:23pm

Quote:
I did get the invoice for the shipping, was there a tracking number or anything like that so I can watch for it to get here?
I will give you tracking as soon as I get it

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-06-26, 8:58pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I am having a heck of a time remembering to call you as soon as I wake up, Jack. I'll try to remember first thing in the morning. I am hoping to get a fed ex return ship thing from you so I can return my M15 because it needs a new compressor. If you send me a paypal invoice for the shipping I will pay it right away -
- Lori Peterson

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-06-27, 7:39am

jack is no thief....far from it. i've got three of his machines. one of them, i didn't pay for. not even shipping. it was a new product he wanted tested, and i only had to write a review in return.
and i'm not the only one who has been lucky enough to test out his new products when they come out.
he is up front now about the wait.....so idk why people still bitch. just do what he offers on the website, half up front and half when it ships.

this reminds me though, i'm going to update the review threads i made on that oxycon....it's been over 6 months now and it's still rocking out. i run them pretty hard too, dust humid environment.
Old 2013-06-27, 9:01am
KitseyBelle

People still "bitch" about the wait because Jack has been placing ads on this forum stating “only 30 day wait” and he advised me in a PM that “The unit should ship in 30 days or less”.

Last edited by Jennefer; 2013-06-27 at 12:01pm.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:47am
Lotion handler

I agree Jacks website has a very clearly stated wait time. I don't recall seeing the half up front half when its done when I ordered, but at the time I was emailing back and forth with Jack and didn't refer back to the webpage much and it wasn't something he offered in the emails. I trusted his recommendation and believed his deadline in the email so I didn't look again and ordered.

I don't believe what I'm doing is bitching. Yes it states you will need to wait. I was told specifically that *my* order would be done within 60 days. So theres the rub. Did I know I would have to wait yes, I certainly did and agreed to it, 60 days is what I agreed to. So is it bitching to be requesting a whats up with my machine a full month after I should have had it? No. Did I try to do this several times in private before coming here? Yes.

Jennefer is correct, if Jack is stating here and in PM form that its 30 days or less and on the site its up to 12 weeks and in my case 60 days, well folks are bound to be confused and yes a wee bit upset. If you want to call that bitching ok, I guess I don't see it that way.

My hope with this post was to bring light to the fact that there is a communication breakdown somewhere. I really would love to be able to help Jack out in some way with that process. I'm not trying to further the "bad rep" that he has, I think small family businesses are amazing and try to support them when I can.

Automated emails to people who have been waiting. A spreadsheet that flags people who have been waiting over their quoted wait time. Open the spreadsheet every day and find out who is nearing the deadline. Do you need a database that does this? Make all deadlines the same, not 30 for you 60 for you 90 for you, just a flat this is the wait take it or leave it. Don't hedge your bets hoping it will be done sooner. Because of your high number of praises for the machines themselves, I doubt you will lose much business because of the wait time.

Its also really hard to figure out someones tone in an email. I was actually a little taken aback by the email that I got a few weeks ago. I can feel for you, you probably have tons of emails and orders and deadlines and you probably get short tempered yourself sometimes, but for me, its my only oxycon and its a lot of money for me. Maybe remember to take a step back and realize every person isn't trying to be rude or demanding, that we just want an honest answer and maybe we are really concerned that we are getting screwed over and just need reassurance. In that regard, how about an email template that you can fill in the particulars for. Something like Hi <insert name here> Thank you for your patience while we custom build your oxycon. Your machine is on schedule to be delivered <insert time frame here>. I appreciate your business and will contact you with a tracking number the day it ships. Feel free to email or call with any questions or comments. Thanks again......maybe something like that?

Anyway...not bitching, just my opinion from my personal experiences so far.
Old 2013-06-27, 12:28pm

Jack does two things very well;
1. Provides a top of the line product with a great warranty,
2. Over-promises on delivery date.

That being said, although it's a tough wait, as the date keeps moving,
it's worth the wait.

Old 2013-06-27, 1:24pm

with jack being short handed, help-wise i think it's hard for him to do much of anything besides build and ship oxycons.
i do think he should find someone who can keep his website and maybe a thread here and on facebook updated with the current build times, updated weekly.

doing that would not take much of his (or someone else's) time or effort, but would probably go a long way towards making his disgruntled customers rest easier.

i'll not hesitate to buy from him again, but i will order months ahead of time if i can to avoid this issue.
Old 2013-06-28, 6:05am
All Zeke, all the time

I bought an M20 from Jack. I was given the impression I would have it within 60 days. It took longer, about another month. I traded emails with Jack about the delivery date and made clear my displeasure. I will admit I was getting frustrated with the wait and the vague communication we were having.

That said, once I received my oxycon, the frustration disappeared. It is what I ordered, it works great and the price was fantastic. If I have the need for another oxycon, I will buy from Jack in a second knowing full well it will take a few months to get my equipment. Jack is a standup guy who in an effort to provide a great service to his clients, gets in over his head and provides the opposite. He may compromise on delivery times but he doesn't compromise on the quality of the equipment he sells; it is top notch.

I can understand how people get upset that they aren't getting their equipment in a timely manner, from a customer perspective, they paid but they didn't get the equipment they paid for. To the customer it seems shady, but trust me and the other happy customers, it isn't. If you can wait some time, just give him a chance, you will be happy in the end. If you don't there are others who provide oxycons for glasswork, you will get your oxycon in a week or so and pay 2-3 times the price.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:50pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

My concentrator has had a knocking sound since I got it. I wish I had known it was caused by a bad compressor at the time.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-06-28, 7:08pm

Quote:
The reason I have a bad rep is because I have made promises that I couldn't keep. I cannot always give a specific date of completion. I do have yours ready. Jack
How 'bout mine, Jack?? My first experience with you was great! However, for this machine, I've waited patiently . . . still waiting . . . patiently. (Let's just say I used to think of the new machine as a Christmas present.) Hope to see it soon!

Old 2013-06-28, 7:40pm

That's over 6 months.(I'm so bright my mama called me son).

If this is the entire story then this is approaching criminal too me. There is waiting and then there is Wrong. Jack, you seam to find quick solutions when things are looking bad for your delivery schedule, this is the time to work your magic and make it right.

Old 2013-06-29, 4:41am

yup if dude's been waiting since xmas time, that is a tad much.
Old 2013-06-29, 5:22am

Quote:
I bought an M20 from Jack. I was given the impression I would have it within 60 days. It took longer, about another month. I traded emails with Jack about the delivery date and made clear my displeasure. I will admit I was getting frustrated with the wait and the vague communication we were having.

That said, once I received my oxycon, the frustration disappeared. It is what I ordered, it works great and the price was fantastic. If I have the need for another oxycon, I will buy from Jack in a second knowing full well it will take a few months to get my equipment. Jack is a standup guy who in an effort to provide a great service to his clients, gets in over his head and provides the opposite. He may compromise on delivery times but he doesn't compromise on the quality of the equipment he sells; it is top notch.

I can understand how people get upset that they aren't getting their equipment in a timely manner, from a customer perspective, they paid but they didn't get the equipment they paid for. To the customer it seems shady, but trust me and the other happy customers, it isn't. If you can wait some time, just give him a chance, you will be happy in the end. If you don't there are others who provide oxycons for glasswork, you will get your oxycon in a week or so and pay 2-3 times the price.
There are other somewhat similar products out there but no, they're definitely not 2 x 3 times more expensive.

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-06-29, 6:31am

Quote:
How 'bout mine, Jack?? My first experience with you was great! However, for this machine, I've waited patiently . . . still waiting . . . patiently. (Let's just say I used to think of the new machine as a Christmas present.) Hope to see it soon!
A Christmas order from
2012 ?? REALLY 2012

Since when do people have to accept this type of deceiptful behavior as the norm. why do we have to come here and post our bad experiences just to get attention. It is a last ditch effort to find out if and when anyone will help resolve the situation that we have been put in. WOW ! Hard to believe

Last edited by doraspot; 2013-06-29 at 6:44am.
Old 2013-06-29, 6:40am

Quote:
A Christmas order from
2012 ?? REALLY 2012
Sorry to say, yep. Which I really don't understand, because the one I ordered a couple of years ago arrived within the 90 day timeframe.

Old 2013-06-29, 7:49am

Quote:
Sorry to say, yep. Which I really don't understand, because the one I ordered a couple of years ago arrived within the 90 day timeframe.

Here is the law by the Federal Trade Commisiom that regulates these types of
situations where customers are being Fleeced.
Old 2013-06-29, 8:15am
Borovangelist

This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on and on...

|
|
Old 2013-06-29, 2:34pm

Quote:
Here is the law by the Federal Trade Commisiom that regulates these types of
situations where customers are being Fleeced.
Ouch. Jack really should read this and rethink a few things.

Old 2013-06-29, 2:49pm

Quote:
This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on and on...

Rinse....Repeat...Rinse....Repeat. Do a search its all been said hundreds of times already. If you dont like how he does business dont buy from him. These threads gets tiring.
Old 2013-06-29, 7:24pm
Lotion handler

Quote:
Rinse....Repeat...Rinse....Repeat. Do a search its all been said hundreds of times already. If you dont like how he does business dont buy from him. These threads gets tiring.
I'm a little flabbergasted by this attitude. If the problem is still there after tons of threads then maybe it should be addressed? Or should it be swept under the rug as, "Oh thats how he does business?" Excuses for bad behavior doesn't make the behavior acceptable.

No I didn't do a search on this business before I bought. I saw the ad in the sidebar and clicked it. These threads don't come up on his website. I trusted the fact that he was here on these forums and didn't think I would have the troubles that I have had.

I have tried through a few posts to ask how I could help the situation. I have seen others do the same. Thank you for your suggestion to not buy from Jack, I guess that is how you are helping these sorts of situations?
Old 2013-06-29, 7:53pm

When someone new comes to the site and learns about an product, then sees a banner advertising that product some trust must be given that the business is in good standing with the site.

It is after they place an order they learn about the repetitive/consistent problems with that company.

No one wants UA too go away, Jack produces a quality product. What people want is an honest delivery date when they place an order and that is what I/we have been asking Jack to address for many months. I too was caught up in this false delivery time practice. That does not change my opinion of the products UA manufactures...

Old 2013-06-29, 8:04pm
Lotion handler

Thank you Raimond for your post, those are my feelings exactly, spoken much better then I could.
Old 2013-06-29, 9:47pm

Quote:
I'm a little flabbergasted by this attitude. If the problem is still there after tons of threads then maybe it should be addressed? Or should it be swept under the rug as, "Oh thats how he does business?" Excuses for bad behavior doesn't make the behavior acceptable.

No I didn't do a search on this business before I bought. I saw the ad in the sidebar and clicked it. These threads don't come up on his website. I trusted the fact that he was here on these forums and didn't think I would have the troubles that I have had.

I have tried through a few posts to ask how I could help the situation. I have seen others do the same. Thank you for your suggestion to not buy from Jack, I guess that is how you are helping these sorts of situations?
Read the past threads. I am not excusing anything. His underquoting delivery estimates is not the only nor the most troubling issue. It is sensible to at least do some simple web searches and research on ANY new business you use. These threads pop up so regularly and have been going on for so long that it is clear that it will not change regardless of what you post. The only recourse consumers really have is to NOT buy.
Old 2013-06-30, 4:53am
Lotion handler

Just so you know, if I were to have searched these forums for "unlimited oxygen", I would have come across on the first page of results mine and another that don't look very good for Jack. Both of which I wouldn't have seen at the time I ordered. Moving beyond that the next post is "Unlimited Oxygen makes the BEST concentrators". Well that would have scored a few points in my buy from column. Scanning quickly through the rest I see a maintenance video, "oh cool, lots of support from the company" So on that first page of hits, I would have seen a total of 1 post that is negative. On the 2nd page, 2 negative threads popped out at me, the 3rd page none. The 4th page a negative from 2009. Would the average person research longer? Not sure. Do the positives singing the praises for Unlimited Oxygen far out weigh the negatives? Casual glance says yes.

Are active up to date threads the very reason to have a forum? Yes. So while I am sorry you had to read the same thread type again and it was very tiring for you, I hope other people will see it and whatever resolution comes from this to help make their informed decision. I would also encourage all others to speak up and make threads as well. So that future generations of little lampworkers are saved the terrible fate of blowing on their flame to get it hotter when the oxycon still doesn't arrive.
Old 2013-06-30, 6:37am

Quote:
Read the past threads. I am not excusing anything. His underquoting delivery estimates is not the only nor the most troubling issue. It is sensible to at least do some simple web searches and research on ANY new business you use. These threads pop up so regularly and have been going on for so long that it is clear that it will not change regardless of what you post. The only recourse consumers really have is to NOT buy.
I'm well aware of the problems here with Jack. However, I had a GREAT first experience so I ordered again from him, knowing the history. I really didn't expect to still be waiting after six months.

Unfortunately, sometimes bringing things to light in a public way is the only way to get results.

Old 2013-06-30, 11:53am
Borovangelist

The only person who can address it, really, is Jack. Folks keep buying from him despite problem after problem after problem and he's not getting his sh** together to fix the issues.

People shouldn't be surprised when their order goes pear shaped.

So when another month goes by and there's another set of threads on "where's my oxy con? I tried to do this privately but it's been 6 months" you just want to point at the poster and laugh at them for being so foolish as to do business with him in the first place. We need an "I told you so" emoticon.

|
|
Closed Thread