Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-25, 5:20am

Default Tools for bead caps

I've been curious about his for a while. What tool (s) are required for making your own bead caps? Does this tool come with something to punch holes in the caps or is that separate? On a slightly related note, maybe I should just add PMC clay tomy repertoire.

Thanks

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-25, 6:02am
I fart diamonds

You need a punch to make holes and a dapping set. If you don't want to punch your own holes, you can buy blanks with holes already in them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...-set-3838.html

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Ton-Aviati...-/370846797985

and

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...set-93539.html

Old 2013-08-25, 7:31am
Queen Bee

Shawnette, you always have the best information! Thanks so much, I appreciate having the links as well

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-08-25, 1:02pm

Shawnette is Awesome!!!! I am still awing over my homemade Baz Box....lol. Thanks Shawnette!

I purchased my dome set from Harbor Freight and the Aviation power punch pliers from e-bay and both work fabulous!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-08-25, 3:53pm

Shawnette, thanks for the awesome links! There happens to be a harbor freight about 15 minutes from me

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-08-26, 5:25pm
I fart diamonds

Thanks! I'm glad you find my yapping helpful.

Old 2013-08-26, 7:32pm
Gay rights R human rights

I have the tool from the middle link. Works great.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2013-08-27, 8:35pm

Yep, I use the punch too and that dapping set lol. Duane, if you plan on going to the glass jam in october and haven't purchased anything yet I can bring my tools to show you. I'm planning on bringing some stuff for torch enameling too if anyone seems interested .

Tina

Old 2013-08-27, 8:44pm
da General

I get the capping tools from Retro... Much much much better than having to find the center of your disc to punch then dome! This tool punch the center and dome the cap in one step.

http://retroglasstools.com/variations.aspx

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-08-27, 8:52pm
Alaska Boro

Read reviews of dapping sets made in India. Instead bought a quality set from www.ottofrei.com . They are more costly, but quality tools.