Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-22, 10:40am
Salt Box Beads

Sorry I never did get back to this thread....until now and had NO idea that I was accused of 'stealing" WOW!!

As a matter of fact I did get permission from Susan before I mentioned duplicating on any forums, but I feel that it is no ones business but mine and Susans....

Thanks to the folks who saw picking up where Susan left off as I did and still do... and thanks to the wonderful ladies I am currently duplicating for.

Lorraine
Old 2008-08-29, 10:47am
Glass-aholic

just my two sense....

if you go to a restaurant and have the best chicken in the world and you did not ask for the recipe and went home and made it, and liked it and wrote down your recipe for it, and then used it on a regular basis is that stealing? you don't know for sure if it is the same, but because of your skill level it is pretty damn close....

Now say that you have an opportunity to open a restaurant. The restaurant that you first had the chicken at has gone out of business. Do you hesitate to put your recipe on the menu???? remember you have only ever tasted their original recipe, and there is no way to know for sure that it is the same or not. The recipe IS yours. Replicated yes, the same, probably not in technical terms, the same outcome, basically yes. do people buy it? Yes, and they may even compare it to the original, and be happy that it is so tasty and good.

ok thats it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2008-08-29 at 10:50am. Reason: Laughing on the inside.. I guess I already posted... and still have the same opinion :lol:
Old 2008-08-31, 6:51pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Go ahead and make them if you want to and don't think twice about it. You even cleared it with Susan and people are still giving you a hard time. I'm glad you're doing this and wish you could come up with "Iris Bloom" and "Jungle Green" because I'm very low on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 TOUCANS View Post
Sorry I never did get back to this thread....until now and had NO idea that I was accused of 'stealing" WOW!!

As a matter of fact I did get permission from Susan before I mentioned duplicating on any forums, but I feel that it is no ones business but mine and Susans....

Thanks to the folks who saw picking up where Susan left off as I did and still do... and thanks to the wonderful ladies I am currently duplicating for.

Lorraine

Vivian

-

Old 2008-08-31, 9:48pm
passionate about pets

go for it Once everyone gets over it and they need the frit blend they are out of they will buy. good for you for taking the initiative, making frit blends is alot of work.

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-09-01, 1:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
There are apparently some people that have still not received frits and website designs that she was already paid for.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...t=spiral+dance

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...t=spiral+dance
Yes, I'm one of them... out of pocket over $150
Old 2008-09-01, 5:25am
Most have those beadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Seems to me I remember a sweet frit maker who went by your name who stopped making frit & was incredibly nice enough to POST their best frit recipies on Wet Canvas for EVERYONE in the glass world to share....seems to me half the frit DEALERS out there now SELL those same recipies as premixed blends, and only a couple even give credit to Bluhealer by putting that in the name of those frit blends that they're profiting off of....
Love it: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ight=bluhealer
Thank you for sharing these bluhealer.

my
my

my
my

Old 2008-09-01, 6:53am
The Andrea Half

I was feeling a bit perturbed at the idea of copying and then selling, even if Susan has gone out of business--but if you have Susan's permission, then that changes my perspective, and I say "Go for it!"

Old 2008-09-02, 3:21pm
Ad astra per aspera

Call me whatever you like for saying this, but considering Susan's total indifference to her former customers and the way she's left so many people in the lurch at the end, I think if anyone can pick up where she left off (permission or not) should go for it. Susan's karma balance is pretty darned negative at this point. ;(

Old 2008-09-02, 3:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I agree with you, Karen!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-02, 3:41pm

Default up front

Sometimes, Lorraine, it just doesn't pay to be honest.
Keep being honest anyway.
Good luck with your new venture.
Pam S
Old 2008-09-02, 4:05pm

when you have dragon gems and cornacopia figured out let me know i need them!!!

Old 2008-09-03, 9:00pm
Salt Box Beads

Oh My Gosh!! I actually have tears...I thought everyone was just going to put me on their ignore lists because of this frit business!!

Thank you all so much, I am feeling much better about myself and my choice to duplicate..

I only duplicate samples that are sent to me. So if you have a favorite not produced anymore that you are almost out of and want me to try to duplicate it for you..just holler.

If I have it in the works for someone else I will put your name on the list to notify you when it is ready. If not I will need a level tsp. of it and a small white spacer bead with the frit melted in nicely so I can actually see the colors and not waste any of the teaspoon....I need all of it to do a better quicker job. I have found that any less than that and it is rough going for me to try to decipher.

I do not charge for this because I get a sample and recipe from it. You get a duplication...sometimes they are close in color blend and sometimes the same and sometimes better!! Then I send you 2 ounces of it in exchange for your teaspoon.

I have over 40 to do on my list now and I am slowly getting the hang of it..

Thanks again to all of the positive comments here. I do not think you all know what that has meant to me. I almost just quit several times and was thinking about just avoiding LE. But I really like frits and making them up and I guess I do have a small teensy tiny stubborn streak.

And thanks especially to the lady that sent me so many first samples..( you know who you are) in case you are reading this I should have 2 more blends ready for you as soon as my Reichenbach frit order arrives.
Thank-you all
Lorraine

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2008-09-03 at 9:11pm.
Old 2008-09-03, 9:58pm
Ad astra per aspera

If anyone puts you on ignore for this, it's their loss...that's just plain stupid. Susan screwed her own pooch. If you're willing to step up and fill a niche, it's all good.

IMO of course.