Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-16, 9:53am
Critter Mom

Is Teague keeping track of who's planning on coming? I PM'd Otter but want to make sure I'm on the list. This sounds like it's gonna be so much fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-16, 10:00am
In spite of it all!

Otter had to drop out Bonnie. You can email me with your reservation. Otter sent the other list to me a few days ago.

Cool smiley by the way! I love kitties!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-01-16, 10:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinCoquille View Post
I PM'd Otter but want to make sure I'm on the list. This sounds like it's gonna be so much fun.[/color][/font]
Same here...

Old 2009-01-16, 10:16am
In spite of it all!

Got both your names on the list that Otter sent to me guys. Some great peeps are planning to come! I am so excited and happy that everyone will get to hang out and play with our favorite thing... GLASS! It is really shaping up and the final class and fun plans are getting closer to being posted. Need to hear back from a few more peeps on the teaching thing and I will post again with that info.

Does anyone need me to post about hotels/motels? I mean it can be looked up on line if one wants the info.... or I can post stuff. If you look for places near Butler Market Rd. and Rt 97 you will be about 15 minutes from the ranch.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-01-16, 10:36am

I have stayed here before, it's a bit spendy but they have great river side rooms, and I think it's close to where Ruth is.

http://www.riverhouse.com/

I have family in Bend and DH might be coming with me but if he doesn't and someone wants to share a room here with me let me know.

Old 2009-01-16, 10:44am
Critter Mom

How far is Crane Prairie Resort from your place Ruth? I'm thinking since we're in a 24' 5th wheel we might stay there. My hubby and Corgi could do all the fishin' and boating they want while I'm playing with glass.

Old 2009-01-16, 12:49pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
I have stayed here before, it's a bit spendy but they have great river side rooms, and I think it's close to where Ruth is.

http://www.riverhouse.com/

I have family in Bend and DH might be coming with me but if he doesn't and someone wants to share a room here with me let me know.
Yup, it's close.. and it's also $179.00 for a room on the river with a fireplace and spa tub. The other rooms.. don't know the costs.

You did know that I moved from where I was when you visited.... right?

Old 2009-01-16, 12:50pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
How far is Crane Prairie Resort from your place Ruth? I'm thinking since we're in a 24' 5th wheel we might stay there. My hubby and Corgi could do all the fishin' and boating they want while I'm playing with glass.
I will have to look it up and see.... brb

Old 2009-01-16, 1:16pm
In spite of it all!

It's about 33 miles southeast of Bend, probably 40 minutes away would be a close guess.

Old 2009-01-16, 1:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchikanSculptor View Post
Yup, it's close.. and it's also $179.00 for a room on the river with a fireplace and spa tub. The other rooms.. don't know the costs.

You did know that I moved from where I was when you visited.... right?
yup...it's spendy.
yup I knew you moved.
yup I just burned the crap outta my fingers!
yup I''m going to look for drugs...

Old 2009-01-16, 1:29pm
In spite of it all!

OMG!!!! Maggie.. Hope you're alright!

Old 2009-01-16, 1:31pm

I think I'll live but the fate of my finger prints is another story...

Old 2009-01-16, 1:32pm
In spite of it all!

OMG!!!!!

Old 2009-01-16, 3:30pm

AH, but no fingerprints means you don't have to wipe off your beads so much before you shoot them, lol!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-01-16, 4:16pm

Quote:
I would so love a foot massage. I know I will need it! Bet some of the teachers would like that too.
I think something could be worked out, I don't need a table for feet. and if we are around a camp fire my rates become non existant.
Old 2009-01-16, 4:32pm
In spite of it all!

We are hoping for the right weather so camp fires will be part of the camp experience. If it's to dry they will be banned.. well... at least the big fires would be. I do have a fire bowl with a spark screen that we can use.

You know, you may want to consider going to ALL the glass shows and events. Offering foot massages should rake you in some bucks!

Old 2009-01-17, 12:31pm
In spite of it all!

bump.... more information to be posted soon! It's still very early but we are getting many interested folks for this fun 3 day event. There will be an application posted and the sponsors as well as teachers listed.

Old 2009-01-17, 1:08pm
Critter Mom

Since this isn't going to be a structured event, I was wondering will you be posting a schedule of events ? I'm going to be camping off-site and want to make sure I'm there for the demos, classes, etc. I've never been to a lampworking event so don't have any idea what's what. I can't wait !!!

Old 2009-01-17, 1:09pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Ouch Maggie!

Ooh Massages! You may be the new Miss Popularity of Cram It! I've never had any kind of professional massage and always wanted one.

Teague is not keeping a list of participants but she is coming, most likely camping, and planning food with her sweetheart.

This concludes the third person portion of this post.

You know I know someone else from Coquille? It's such a small place, she lives in Texas now, but I think her family still lives there.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-01-17, 1:16pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Since this isn't going to be a structured event, I was wondering will you be posting a schedule of events ? I'm going to be camping off-site and want to make sure I'm there for the demos, classes, etc. I've never been to a lampworking event so don't have any idea what's what. I can't wait !!!
Still working on the classes that will be done on what days Bonnie. I would like to set up a schedule soon and post it so peeps can send in thier applications with deposits. I will be posting that as soon as I hear back from the teachers and peeps that are doing demos and the like.

Old 2009-01-17, 1:29pm
Critter Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Teague is not keeping a list of participants but she is coming, most likely camping, and planning food with her sweetheart.
I thought maybe you were taking Otter's place as Ruth's assistant .

Old 2009-01-17, 1:32pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

That may be.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-01-17, 2:24pm
In spite of it all!

I could use 2 assistant actually. Either of you guys up for it?

Old 2009-01-18, 8:28am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

hi Ruth! Just heard about this! Would love to go!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Last edited by monarae; 2009-01-18 at 8:44am.
Old 2009-01-18, 8:31am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Ouch Maggie!

Ooh Massages! You may be the new Miss Popularity of Cram It! I've never had any kind of professional massage and always wanted one.

This concludes the third person portion of this post.

You know I know someone else from Coquille? It's such a small place, she lives in Texas now, but I think her family still lives there.
I think we could get you a first massage!!! Just make sure Michelle and I are on the camp roster.
Jodie
Old 2009-01-18, 10:18am
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarae View Post
hi Ruth! Just heard about this! Would love to go!

Mona
WoooooWhoooo! Mona! Shall I put you on the list then? Or will it be you and one other?

Old 2009-01-18, 10:20am
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswhimz View Post
I think we could get you a first massage!!! Just make sure Michelle and I are on the camp roster.
Jodie
Your on the list that Otter sent to me (with guest) Jodie. This will be wonderful!

Old 2009-01-18, 6:19pm
In spite of it all!

Think I will post a new thread to let peeps vote on the T shirt designs. Wanna Vote?

Old 2009-01-19, 1:19am
Entropy increasing....

The high desert of Easter Oregon.

Old 2009-01-19, 10:01am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Quote:
WoooooWhoooo! Mona! Shall I put you on the list then? Or will it be you and one other?
Hi Ruth!

Well, I haven't had a chance to read up on all of it. I just back from Trey's class and my head it full!! I'll catch up soon I promise. In the meantime, put me down as a lurker.

Mona

to get 15% off my beads