No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-26, 8:27pm
Unmedicated since '62

Default bubble gum pink?

is there a trick to keeping it pink? or have i just bought some white glass?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-10-27, 2:24pm
Unmedicated since '62

nobody?

i bought a dud didnt i?

Old 2012-10-27, 2:41pm
Loving learning

Is it called bubble gum pink? What maker?
Does it strike?
Old 2012-10-27, 2:59pm

Is it Kubler Bubble Gum Pink? I bought some at the Gathering and it just goes white on me. Really disappointing!

Old 2012-10-27, 5:19pm
Lampworkaholic!

It's pretty layered with the Kugler Rubino.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-10-27, 9:25pm

Maybe it's just like some pink bubblegum that has had the flavor chewed out of it and turned back to white deb?

Sorry I don't have any or I would give a more useful answer LOL

Old 2012-10-27, 9:53pm
Uh Oh....

I love Bubble Gum Pink. It does turn whiter the longer it is work but it can be struck back to a darker pink. Here's what I get:

Old 2012-10-28, 1:52am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewkittie View Post
I love Bubble Gum Pink. It does turn whiter the longer it is work but it can be struck back to a darker pink. Here's what I get:
That's it!

I was told today it kiln strikes so I'll go make some test beads

Old 2012-10-28, 3:00am
More ideas than talent

Mainly I have the italian pinks and they are all insipid.

It's a palate that just doesn't manage to capture my imagination, depsite wearing a lot of those colours in real life.

The pinks do tend to be striking colours.

Old 2012-10-28, 3:09am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsprat View Post
Maybe it's just like some pink bubblegum that has had the flavor chewed out of it and turned back to white deb?

Sorry I don't have any or I would give a more useful answer LOL
If it is then mike expertly smooshed it into nice straight rods and charged me an arm and a leg for it

Old 2012-10-28, 6:06am
Lampworkaholic!

If it came from Frantz then it probably was the Effetre version not the Kugler, which is sold by Hot Glass Color in Seattle.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-10-28, 5:24pm
Unmedicated since '62

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's effetre

Old 2012-10-28, 6:54pm
Uh Oh....

Mine is the Effetre kind. I think it can be kiln struck. I always flame strike it so it goes into the kiln the same color as it comes out. It's kind of like rubino, except instead of going clear, it goes white.

Old 2012-10-28, 9:04pm

I don't buy those expensive, special, blah, blah glasses anymore. But I did read once that it is a good base for silverglass.
Old 2012-10-28, 10:19pm

Bubblegum pink? Stays pink for me... Not sure what my trick is, but I bought pounds of it when it was first introduced and kinda cheap.

Unless the batch changed along the way, what I'm using is maybe 4-5 years old?

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2012-10-29, 1:50pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Wendy, that's funny. I love pink in glass but HATEHATEHATE it anywhere else. (Except in my 3-year-old daughter's underwear. For some reason pink socks and panties are adorable to me. Hopefully people don't think that makes me a perv.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendbill View Post
Mainly I have the italian pinks and they are all insipid.

It's a palate that just doesn't manage to capture my imagination, depsite wearing a lot of those colours in real life.

The pinks do tend to be striking colours.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-10-29, 5:44pm

Hi Deb

I haven't worked with bubble gum pink...must have missed that one.... But pinks are tough sometimes especially the Italian ones because it is gold that is used to make pink - rubino aka gold ruby - glass If you over cook it - the gold vaporizes and just goes away... Leaving you with your base glass. Since it is a light tint of pink, they will use white as the opacifier

So make sure your torch is clean- use a neutral to slightly oxy flame and work it cooler or further out in the flame- that should help to keep it pink

Hope all is well

Lisa
Old 2012-11-01, 8:33am
Lampworkaholic!

This is half Effetre (bottom) and half Kugler Bubblegum Pink (with Kugler Rubino and Dichro stringer work). Batches may vary I suppose.
Attached Images

Old 2012-11-01, 11:17am
Melts glass~makes jewelry

Deb, will you share pics of your beads and tell us how you have adjusted how you work it? This is a good conversation.

Old 2012-11-01, 1:33pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

I try to remember to work it a bit cooler but when I don't remember and it goes white I let it cool below the flame until the glow is gone then tease the color back up in the tips of the flame
Old 2012-11-01, 7:32pm

Elizabeth Beads, that is a beautiful pink bead!
Old 2012-11-01, 7:58pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks! I'm happy that it sold today. I have a couple more to photograph.

Old 2014-01-08, 1:24pm

I just got some of this glass. Anymore tips?
Old 2014-01-08, 4:53pm

Hello All
I have the same problem with Richenbach Creme orange R 725C
It is a really nice orange but cant get to stay it that way ..........
it goes white-ish .
Any helpful ideas are welcome [ snide ones too ! ]
Ken
Old 2014-01-08, 7:11pm

If it's anything like Messy Creamsicle, it should strike back to orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenboydart View Post
Hello All
I have the same problem with Richenbach Creme orange R 725C
It is a really nice orange but cant get to stay it that way ..........
it goes white-ish .
Any helpful ideas are welcome [ snide ones too ! ]
Ken

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2014-01-09, 5:45am
sunscreen me baby

From what I remember it was a harder to strike glass meaning you needed to cool it down more than you might usually do to strike pink. I bought a few pounds of it too to replace my streaky pink cravings and used it encased in rubino as flower petals. I ran out a while ago.

~

Old 2014-01-09, 12:41pm

I did a couple of test beads with it last night and it stayed pink. Nice glass!
Old 2014-01-10, 10:08am

Thanks to mewkitte
The advice worked as you can see !
Orange Cream from Rickenbach is a pain but
such a nice color .
Ken
Attached Images