Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2015-01-22, 6:10pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Default Need inspiration

What are the current favorites?

I want to spend an afternoon making BOC beads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-01-23, 5:55pm

Big, colorful beads. Cartoon character 'representations' are always popular (remember copyright issues).

Robert
Old 2015-01-23, 8:08pm

These are my little robots feel free to use them.

The body is made with a ridge plate, square off the head. Poked dots for the bottom edge and shoulder and ears with metallic black. Arms in base colour or metallic black, just a swipe flattened.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cute eyes and you are done!

Custard...it's just like hot icecream!
Old 2015-01-24, 9:16am
MacGalver

Nice robots!

Old 2015-11-29, 12:44am
all for the love of glass

thanks for sharing him Nicole..I planned on a day at the torch for the kids today and this guy looks like fun.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2015-11-29, 9:52am

Here's a few I finished. The gator is a Sharon Peters tute from the Oct 2015 Soda Lime Times issue. Thank you so much for the tute, Sharon.! They are a blast to make! Again, the adorable elephant is a tute from Heather Sellers (thanks, Heather!) and is super easy. I added little toes to mine.

Gotta love SLT for all the tutes. The colorful bead is from issue April 2015, written by Jasmine French (thanks, Jasmine!) and also easy and the color combinations are endless.

Tweety bird, chicken and the sugar skulls are mine. No tute, but copy to your hearts desire for BOC. I apologize for the out of focus pic. I took this with my tablet and there is no anti shake on it, which I need. Hope this helps get your creativity going!

Uhh...duh...I just noticed this was an old request! Oh well, I'll leave it here for someone to see anyway!
Attached Images

Last edited by Deb L; 2015-11-29 at 9:54am.
Old 2015-11-29, 12:03pm
Burning through glass

I think those are really wonderful Deb! Love love love the croc beads!!!

We're always looking for bright and figural/cartoon pieces, like Robert mentioned. I took in all the Dream Bead requests this year and there were a lot of rainbows, hearts, princess requests. There were also a lot of trademarked, familiar designs like Superman logo, Batman, etc, but we have to be careful about making those in mass.....just a one or two is ok for the kids per their requests, but the take away on that was that the kids really liked super heroes in general!

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2015-11-29, 4:19pm

Thanks Renee. I love how generous artists are with their knowledge. I've learned so much through the tutorials on SLT. The first time I looked at a croc I had made I broke out laughing. It may be my favorite BOC bead yet.

Oooh, I think a rainbow on a cloud would be cute. Gotta play with that.

Old 2015-12-11, 8:17pm

Heather Sellers BOC tuts are so fun. Here are some of them.Aliens and monkeys.
Attached Images

Old 2015-12-13, 5:42pm

Those monkeys are adorable! And I had no idea aliens came in such beautiful colors

Old 2015-12-15, 9:32am

Haha, thanks Deb.