Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-08-06, 5:18am

Default August show and tell

Since there doesn't seem to be one yet...

As well as the jellyfish, I made these.

Obtainium gremlin - my first gremlin in boro. Need to add some colours with more contrast to my eye murrini - you can see the slight lines in very bright light like here, but otherwise it looks more like uniform misty teal. (And use black for the pupil - I just went with cobalt this time). I scummed up the back rather too. I should dilute my *obtainiums for these, I think! Wasn't intending it to be quite so opaque.

Harvest beads - NS silver bullet with GA dragon's eye frit. My first boro beads. I'm not sure I like making beads in boro - getting them into shape is very annoying (these are *not* the roundest...), and pendants are much more fun. They are very pretty, though.

Multi BHB - NS multi with GA dragon's eye frit. Swampy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2014-08-06, 7:42am

Cute gremlim and you may not like making them ... but gorgeous color combos on the beads.

Old 2014-08-06, 10:02am

He's Cute!

Old 2014-08-07, 1:55am
Borosapien

Great gremlin here are some things i have been working on

Here are some blown work from the last couple of weeks

Old 2014-08-08, 4:33am

I love that second one with the ghostly wing/feather, Marcel!

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-08-08, 6:54pm
kinda torching....

Beautiful work as always Marcel!

Old 2014-08-13, 11:35am
Borosapien

Thank you

Old 2014-08-14, 5:30am

I made dragon eye murrini and another gremlin (NS rootbeer body, over clear and encased. Silver bullet lips and eyelid, random end-of-pull vine twistie).

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-08-16, 8:30pm
HotFlash Designs

Those gremlins are perfectly adorable! Love your new murrini too.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2014-08-17, 7:30am

Finally getting back to some boro work.

Just a couple boro shells:

Old 2014-08-19, 7:42am

Nice shells, Laura, and beautiful colors.

Mimi
Old 2014-08-19, 8:38am

Thistles for Outlander

Love keys

Old 2014-08-19, 8:02pm
He can do the origami

A sculptural I did a week or so ago.

Last edited by Otter's Flame; 2014-08-19 at 8:07pm.
Old 2014-08-20, 1:25am
Borosapien

Here is my interpetation of an scalloped shell with pearl! in this case a synthetic opal

Old 2014-08-20, 3:24am
He can do the origami

Very nice Marcel! I love the treatment of the shell on tne back side, great texture.

Otter
Old 2014-08-20, 8:08am

Thanks MiMi ... great showing guys/gals.

Love the thistle ... color and texture ... hermie the crab and the scallop with pearl. The inside of the shell with pearl is coloring is awesome!!

Old 2014-08-24, 10:50am

Old 2014-08-28, 1:13pm
Still makin' flowers...

Gorgeous work this month!

I showed this in another thread, but I'm happy with it... I've got a trunk show going on facebook just now, so it was just the kick in the pants I needed to get a new orchid bead done...

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2014-08-28, 2:34pm
He can do the origami

Beautiful Hannah!
Old 2014-08-29, 7:44pm
wiz

I don't have beads today - I have Timothy and Wanda the bubble butt aliens.

Handblown Beads and Lampworking Tools --
Old 2014-08-30, 3:49am
Hobby Junkie

Very fun pieces this month!

I haven't had much time to torch, but I made a whole bunch of wings as gifts for some acrobatic performers. Here are a couple...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409395719.133155.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  23.7 KB

Old 2014-08-30, 8:28am

Nice gifts, Cori. I like the wings.

Mimi
Old 2014-09-01, 5:30am

Heheh, I love the aliens, Shawn! Lovely wings, Cori.

This is what I made this weekend...
First go at a scorpion!

It only just fit through my BeadCube's door slot ;D

I used the Asian black for this, which was really nice to work with. It didn't seem to need too much heat, I didn't have my flame turned all the way up, and there was only a teeny bit of greying on the underside of the body, which was where I was directing the flame in between adding leg segments, just for insurance heat. I was working on this for two hours, so that's pretty good!

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-09-01, 6:55am

Very cool,Heather!
Old 2014-09-01, 2:06pm
Now part of the Dark Side

Nicely done Heather. I can't imagine how bright that would be, I find that black and cobalt to be some of the most incandescent glass to work with.
Old 2014-09-02, 1:07am

Thanks Roy! I waited until my proper shade 3s got here to try this (my ACE 202s were fine for jellyfish because they're mostly clear, but not for this) and they were fine for being dark enough. After the start you're mostly heating small areas, so there wasn't a huge mass of glowing glass at once either.

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-09-03, 12:37am
Borosapien

Thank you for the cool comments about the shell