LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-07-25, 10:43pm

Default Zoozis or Corina molds?

I'm trying to learn how to use press molds and bead shapers too. I'm looking at Cornia Tettingers and Zoozi's, which one is the best?

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. ~Charles Horton Cooley
Old 2010-07-25, 10:45pm
Glass my new Obsession

I prefer Zoozii's Amy is super nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-25, 11:17pm
It's all about the color.

I go by whichever one has the shape I want.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-07-26, 1:28am
offically down under

I had an opportunity to try some of Corina's new presses and I have to say, they are bloody fantastic. I love the fact that I don't have to line up the pins or have the press in a base holder. To me, this translates to not having to be prepared before I start the bead.

Old 2010-07-26, 6:48am

I like Zoozi's presses a lot.
Robert

Last edited by RSimmons; 2010-07-26 at 9:41am. Reason: Removed a comment
Old 2010-07-26, 7:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Wouldn't it have been enough to just say you like Zoozi's presses?? Why insert the negative comment?

I have presses from both and I like Corina's presses the best. I do not like lining up the pins on Zoozi's. Plus, I like Corina's shapes the best. Some people swear by their Zoozi presses though and I have seen some stunning beads made with them.

Really, just find the shapes you like the best and go for it
Negative feedback removed. Don't mean to offend, just an opinion.

R
Old 2010-07-26, 9:47am

most definitely Corina's.
Old 2010-07-26, 2:57pm
offically down under

I want to add. I'm a girl on a budget so I will buy what is available 2nd hand. All but 2 of my presses have been bought this way and I have everything from a Coon Valley to Zoozii, to Cattwalk and Corina's. I like Corina's new designs the best as they are both practical and excellent quality.

Old 2010-07-26, 3:07pm

I'm going to try and make this a short story...LOL...I have ordered presses before and found myself fumbling trying to line up the pins ..so I was looking for a press and I actually I think it was here I heard about Corina Press and not only were they reasonable but I thought what the heck...so I ordered it went on vacation came back home and no press so I wrote to her that same day she had written back and told me it did not get shipped because I did not add the shipping apprerently their was something Paypal did not add it so it had to be done seperate or something like that so she then wrote to me told me I was not the first one and not to worry about it and within that week I rec. my press with her apologies..( Awesome Service) so went to my torch tryed it and on my first bead it came out nice and super duper easy...(Lentil"s Press) My Vote: Corina..
Old 2010-07-26, 4:20pm

First... it's true - you can't have too many tools (unless you are Loren Stump, Sage Holland, etc.) LOL!!!

I too have presses from just about all of the press providers. I generally prefer Corina's new presses because:
(1) They do not require alignment pins so I can see what I'm doing (you can get used to the pins);
(2) The bottom of the presses 'are' their bases - so I can quickly move them around on my work top (as in oops, too much glass for that mold - where's the next size up) without having to heave a base around; and
(3) Many of Corina's larger lentils (and some of the smaller ones) are provided in slimmer formats (thickness) so that they weigh a bit less and lay on the body more easily.

This being said, I have an awesome large surface area texture press (with alignment pins and thickness spacers) from Coonvalley that I love.

So I agree - go with the shape/size first, then look at the options.

Finally, if you make a mistake and purchase a press you do not use or does not work for you... the (brass) presses are just about indestructible so you can usually sell it to someone else who wants to try it out (I've purchased a bunch of used presses in the LE Garage Sale area).

Good luck & skill (after the PPP)!
Old 2010-07-26, 4:53pm

i use cattwalk & zoozii's & they're both wonderful. Catt is fantastical & so is Amy! I love my zoozii lentil & never ever torch w/o my cattwalk crunch press!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-07-26, 6:31pm
Puddy Cat Lover

I love presses, PERIOD. I've got them from Zooziis, Corinas (from years ago), Cattwalk, Mikes Brass for Glass. I had to think long and hard about selling the few that I sold to purchase some beadrollers. But it gave someone an opportunity to purchase the used presses at a discounted price, and then I could justify to my hubby that replacing a new tool for an old tool was a good thing.

J.

Old 2010-07-26, 6:53pm

I haven't bought a press I didn't love, they are all great!

If you find you don't use one often, sell it or trade it for one you will.
Old 2010-07-26, 10:00pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I only have Zooziis second hand presses, and I love them. The reason I chose them over the Catwalk was that they dont need the base, but Catwalk has some yummy presses, that I would prefer, but feel like the base would be too restricting. I havent tried Corinnas, but would love to! I have heard lots of praises of them. Now I am only hoping, that nobody comes up with anything new and fun anymore... I think im becoming a tool-holic...
Pia
Old 2010-07-28, 1:07am

I have a ton of presses, was tired of lining up the holes of Zoozi's, love Cattwalk but Corina's presses are awesome!!!! She's got some new tools up and the 4 little tools for shaping are the best out there for the money!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...