Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-18, 11:07am

Default Need supplier

Once again I am ask for suppliers of the rose flower murrini. I did get some from one supplier but need others as he isn't doing it anymore.
Liz R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2012-11-18, 2:25pm

Three Muses glass used to have them. Sometimes Lori and Kim have them.
Old 2012-11-18, 2:30pm

Thanks Pat but she wants the ones the look like real roses. lol
Sad that he's not doing them anymore Liz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-11-18, 6:15pm
I fart diamonds

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MurriniandBeads

(Not my shop, BTW)

Old 2012-11-18, 6:51pm
Pincel de Fuego

Whoa! Are you serious? Murrini with pulled points?!!! Whatttt sorcery is this!

/
/
Old 2012-11-18, 11:08pm

Pulled point are the best murrini. Roses that look like roses, not like spiral patterns you can see through.

Last edited by Catts; 2012-11-18 at 11:11pm.
Old 2012-11-19, 4:24am

Doesn't Marilyn In Fuquay Varina, NC make them?
Old 2012-11-19, 7:20am

Feng Frit Factory sells the roses with pulled points in COE 104 but the shipping is a PITA ... just my opinion.

I got some beautiful COE 90 pulled point rose murrini from Gubnavia (sp?) here on LE but I haven't seen her around in a while.

John Rizza occassion has the flat as well as SmilTroy ... maybe either of them will sell you a cane and you can pull your own points.

Oh and last minute brain storm ... theGlassZone ... Deanne ... she make items on request and I know I've seen the tombo dona style (pulled point flowers) in her shop ... not just roses either!!!

Old 2012-11-19, 9:18am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks for thinking of me Laura! I should pull another cane...soon!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-12-10, 2:31pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Me <---- ignorant

Can someone please define "pulled points" for me?

Thanks.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-10, 3:09pm

Hi DeAnne... I would love to buy some rose cane from you, I like to pull my own points.

DeAnne made wonderful orchid murrini, I have used all the ones I bought. hint hint.

Aimee, a normal murrini is flat on both sides, I like to buy or make the cane & melt one side & pull to a point. This makes a very realistic flower that you can't see through.. A picture would help explain but I don't have one..

Kerry
Old 2012-12-10, 3:41pm
Lover of Life

Aimee, if you check the link up there that Shawnette listed, you'll see the pulled points on the flower murrinin in that Etsy shop

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2012-12-10, 11:49pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexrox View Post
Aimee, if you check the link up there that Shawnette listed, you'll see the pulled points on the flower murrinin in that Etsy shop
OK, looked at the link. Now I understand... you people are inSANE! LOL

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-11, 9:12pm
Pincel de Fuego

What a ridiculously cool idea... Can anyone post a picture or video or just explain how to pull these points? I wanna make these!

/
/
Old 2012-12-12, 8:44am
I fart diamonds

Heat the end of the cane and pull off a bit with tweezers, which pulls it to a point. Cut it with your nippers, however large you like your pieces. (I usually do about 1/4" or so.) Repeat.

You can do it with precut slices, as well, as long as they are big enough. Stick them to the end of a rod of clear, carefully heat the back, pinch and pull to a point. It's a PITA, but it works.

(You might want to practice with a rod of glass before you start on your cane or slices)

Last edited by shawnette; 2012-12-12 at 8:47am.
Old 2012-12-12, 10:31am
I think I could be a bead

Bernadette Fuentes has some: http://www.etsy.com/listing/11786678...oe-10-red-rose

Old 2012-12-12, 5:01pm
I speak Murrini!

Will hope to do a fresh pull this weekend; I'm planning on offering "segments" of rods too (by the inch), which will allow you to pull your own tips! I will send an e-PDF of my "Rod Tip Tutorial" as well...

And thanks so much for the nice words about my murrini and my Orchids too, Kerry! I sure love making them...just have to find time! Oy!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-12-12, 5:48pm
Pincel de Fuego

Shawnette that's the way I originally imagined it, the cut murrini and then pull - a real PITA. But it makes much more sense to do it by pulling at the cane and then cutting! Duh! Lol.
Gonna try it on a rod first! Thanks so much!

/
/
Old 2012-12-12, 11:15pm

It makes even more sense to cap the end of the cane with clear & attach a clear stringer to the cap, then cut 1/4 or so from the cane. Hold the cut off piece by the stringer, put the cut edge in the flame, heat & pull to a point,, Put it in the kiln with the stringer sticking out the door.. Make a few & line them up in the kiln ready to apply to a bead.... Easy....

Kerry