Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2009-01-13, 10:13am

Exclamation Call for: FRIT TESTER, Val Cox Frit

Now that my frit book is finished, I'm going to be looking at new frit colors, grind sizes and blend designs more actively once again, and could use some assistance in testing new and existing frit colors.

I will need a frit tester (or two) for my www.valcoxfrit.com glass frits site, for an ongoing project. You will receive artistic credit for any images shown on my site.

You can contact me at: val (at) valcox.com

I will send you an ample supply of frits for testing (generally 3-4 colors at a time), with plenty left over for your own use. I will need photos of the color sample and a brief summary via email on your assesement of new colors which you found favorable or disfavorable.

To help me select the right candidate, please include in your email the following information:

1. Full name, email, telephone number,
2. Website (or etsy/ebay) for reference, if available.
3. How long you've been making beads
4. Torch type
5. Specify your camera type and model
6. Base glass type you typically work in (104coe, 96coe) etc
7. Title your email: 'Frit tester'

There is no pay involved, beyond the extra frit which is yours to keep. You agree that I may use your photo (with artitisic credit to you) on my website www.valcoxfrit.com if the image is one that I can use to describe a color or effect.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you! Val

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-13, 10:28am
Wahwahbabypants

...if you are ever looking for a "so easy to use even a pre-noob can do it" tester I'm your gal!

I'm sure the offers of testers will be pouring in.

I might go Crazyif I don't go Crazy Tonight.
Old 2009-01-13, 10:33am

I'll be emailing once I get home...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-01-13, 10:35am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

wow, that sounds like a good job! LOL
but I'll let the more experienced ones go for it... I can vote for Nikki!

Giving
a try!
Old 2009-01-13, 10:39am
Wild at Heart!

Sounds like a great job!! I'd love to apply, but I am sorely frit challenged!!

When I get a job, I am buying your frit book! Maybe it will help I've heard great things about your book Val...

Cheers
Kristi

??
Old 2009-01-13, 2:48pm

Sent you an email Val

Old 2009-01-13, 4:20pm

Val's book is amazing. I love just looking at the photos.

*blushing at Bruna's compliment* Thank you.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-01-13, 4:49pm

Thank you, I have some excellent candidates now to choose from.

I appreciate those who submitted your information. I'll be out of town Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll be back late Friday and should have it narrowed down by then. I'll reply to each who wrote to me, after I look everything over.

(thanks for the kind words about the book Nikki!)

(dreamscapes, I looked, but didn't see your email come through. Perhaps I'm not recognizing the screen name difference. Feel free to resend val@valcox.com )

Thank you, I'm all set now! Val

Old 2009-01-13, 6:06pm

I re-sent it Val.
Thanks

Old 2009-01-13, 8:13pm
Princess Tootbucket Beads

Talking Pick Me! Pick Me!

I just sent you an email. I am really looking forward to this chance
Old 2009-01-13, 8:40pm

Thanks Dreamscapes and Leia.

I'm all set now...I have a good number to choose from, in a full range of glass and torch types, and experience levels, which is just what I needed.

I won't need anymore to choose from at this time. I'll write to each on Friday after I select the small group, and I'll start getting some packets and instructions together. Thank you.

Last edited by Val Cox; 2009-01-13 at 8:42pm.
Old 2009-01-13, 8:52pm

man I wish I was better at my beads now for sure

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2009-01-14, 7:55pm
William Hagy

Do you make larger sizes for furnace work? like #2 or #3?

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2009-01-14, 8:20pm
Never give up

I am new at this but I would love to be a frit tester.
Old 2009-01-17, 5:47pm
Princess Tootbucket Beads

Question just curious

Does anyone know if a decision has been made yet?